• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Thanks to someone at SteamDB's Discord for noticing it!

AC-Valhalla-Ubi-Connect-Steam-version.png

For those who don't know about YoobieRE..

YoobieRE is as quoted in it's Github Page..
Reverse engineering efforts surrounding the Ubisoft Connect launcher

Text version of the info above: Here

Source: YoobieRE Discord

Edit: One thing I might add is that its also important to note that, those of us who didn't notice it, AC: Valhalla for Steam was in the Geforce Now Leaks

AC-Valhalla-Steam-GFN-Leaks.png

I saved all of this in my excel sheet for keeping records of that leak.

Last edited:

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
So it begins. I knew I'd be kicking myself if I bought Fenyx Rising on Voidu the other day, haha. I was immensely tempted but decided to listen to the tiny voice at the back of my head that was saying, "Ubi coming back to Steam has always been a matter of time, and if you do this, you'll accelerate it to your detriment."

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Zero surprise.

Ubisoft games are not selling extremely well and they decided to avoid the biggest market there is.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
The evil Steam monopoly wins again. SMH.
Shame that Tim Epic couldn't save us and now Valve will once again levy their 30% tax on innocent Steam-enslaved PC gamers.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Good stuff and seems very plausible, I may even double dip. It's just coming up on the two year release date for it too, so that could line up with exclusivity agreements. Maybe.

Zero surprise.

Ubisoft games are not selling extremely well and they decided to avoid the biggest market there is.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla sold extremely well, pulling in over $1bn in revenue and just hitting 20 million players last month (though there's subscriptions and free weekends in that number, so it's not 20 million owners.) Other titles might be doing worse, but they're not struggling with Assassin's Creed at least.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed Valhalla sold extremely well, pulling in over $1bn in revenue and just hitting 20 million players last month (though there's subscriptions and free weekends in that number, so it's not 20 million owners.) Other titles might be doing worse, but they're not struggling with Assassin's Creed at least.
No, I know Valhalla sold well, I'm talking about... pretty much all other games Ubisoft has released since... Odyssey?
Valhalla entering first is extremely obvious, it's the one that will work the best and the one to test the waters.

If they release, let's say, Riders Republic and sells like 10 copies it's like 🤷‍♂️

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
gabeinfinitygauntlet.jpg

Seriously though, I have not missed Ubi since they left. Last game of theirs I got was The Division 2, I think? I have also not been interested in revisiting their games on the Deck because of hassle of dealing with their launcher. Not sure if anything will change if they're back, in other words.

Last edited:

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is great news! As a former console-exclusive gamer I was shocked and saddened to discover the recent Ubisoft games weren't on Steam when I got my Deck.

AC: Valhalla STEAM was present in the Original Geforce Now Nvidia Leaks
OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
One thing I might add is that its also important to note that, those of us who didn't notice it, AC: Valhalla for Steam was in the Geforce Now Leaks

AC-Valhalla-Steam-GFN-Leaks.png

I saved all of this in my excel sheet for keeping records of that leak.

Last edited:

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
No, I know Valhalla sold well, I'm talking about... pretty much all other games Ubisoft has released since... Odyssey?
Valhalla entering first is extremely obvious, it's the one that will work the best and the one to test the waters.

If they release, let's say, Riders Republic and sells like 10 copies it's like 🤷‍♂️

I believe Far Cry 6 sold well, but I don't have any specific figures to hand. And I don't think others that have been big success, yeah.

Agreed that Valhalla is the best option for testing the waters, as you say.

Jul 7, 2021
So it begins. I knew I'd be kicking myself if I bought Fenyx Rising on Voidu the other day, haha. I was immensely tempted but decided to listen to the tiny voice at the back of my head that was saying, "Ubi coming back to Steam has always been a matter of time, and if you do this, you'll accelerate it to your detriment."

I wish my inner voice was as eloquent as yours.

Mine just said: "Bitch, that shit is coming to Steam tomorrow!"

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

But Fenix is great so you can double dip!
Also not Ubi, but please, Kingdom Hearts!!!

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Minor in the scheme of things but hopefully this means they're updating their existing games that haven't had their art updated for the new Steam library. I get not updating the Assassin's Creed Chronicles games, but Rayman Origins and Legends should at least have their boxart.

Jul 7, 2021
Even if it comes to Steam I'm guessing we'll still have to run it through the dumb Ubisoft launcher, right?

Agh...

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Good shit. I just came back to PC gaming after a couple years off. Picked up the AC games I still didn't have when the bundle went on sale and was surprised to see that Valhalla wasn't included. Glad to see good sense has won out.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Everyone has crawled back at this point.

And if / when it happens, Ubisoft going to act like they never left Steam and they "valuable partners" or some fake shit like that

Jun 7, 2018
Germany
Generally wasn't really interested in Valhalla because of the EGS exclusivity on PC. That changed when I found this thread. If there's a discount on Steam, I'm in.

Chunchun

Jun 9, 2019
Epic seems to be winding down their third party deals significantly. I doubt the Ubisoft deal was a good one for Epic, I doubt they got all that many sales of Ubisoft games on EGS outside of when they were subsidising them with coupons during the big sales.
I don't think Epic is winding down their third party deals, i think companies don't give a shit about Epic anymore.

Rahkeesh

Jun 20, 2022
Epic seems to be winding down their third party deals significantly. I doubt the Ubisoft deal was a good one for Epic, I doubt they got all that many sales of Ubisoft games on EGS outside of when they were subsidising them with coupons during the big sales.

Most epic exclusivity deals were in terms of minimal sales garuntee. I.E. we will give you the money from selling up to X copies even if it doesn't reach X copies. If the game actually sold better than expected on EGS you get basically nothing extra. So in other words the deal structure assumes that crap sales will be likely, and Epic really has to pay out to compensate.

This is why I say that Nomura loves selling to platform holders instead of consumers.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I just bought the complete edition for sub $40 yesterday too. Oh well. Hopefully, the new AC games are there day one.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Most epic exclusivity deals were in terms of minimal sales garuntee. I.E. we will give you the money from selling up to X copies even if it doesn't reach X copies. In other words the deal structure assumes that crap sales will be likely.

This is why I say that Nomura loves selling to platform holders instead of consumers.

I know how the Epic deals work, I meant with the fact the Ubi was also selling their games on Uplay I doubt Ubi games pushed much traffic to EGS relative to games only on EGS.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Ubisoft Connect is atrocious, somehow a significant downgrade over the older uPlay client. So that's great news.

Won't double dip, though. never finished Valhalla because the audio was just unbelievably bad and playing that on headphones was a crime against my ears. Steam version sadly won't fix that.