• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The fact that they edited it, basically confirming it real. Stop pretending it's not because it won't be coming to xbox.

Being edited to remove details could mean anything, including that the info was wrong, or even just in flux. The new development is that the previous rumors aren't being backed by details in the reporting. We simply don't know.

Jacob LeBeau

Banned
Dec 17, 2017

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Crash is a Sony character in the same way that Banjo is a Nintendo character. They used to be over 15 years ago. But now Banjo is with Microsoft. Crash is an Activision character. In fact you can even play as Crash on Xb1 and Switch right now via Skylanders. Crash is with Activision now, and the sooner people accept that, the better.

But Crash can only be good on a Playstation console, is that so hard to understand?

/s

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I think Sonic has been well established as an independent property - to the point where SEGA doesn't need their own hardware or extra branding from Sony or Nintendo or Xbox to make him successful.

I would love Crash to be as big as Sonic, but he's not.
But Sonic's sales have been dwindling over the years with each new game selling worse than the last. Mania apparently is a best seller and one of the highest rated Sonic games in YEARS.

And Crash managed to sell about 3.5 million last year on just one console and is still on the charts. If Crash can do that alone on the PS4, then he can certainly sell just as well on the Switch or PC. Maybe not on the same caliber of PS4 sales but it'll do fine regardless. If the quality of a new game is there, lives up to the hype and gets word of mouth, it'll do great.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know this for fact how?
Because Activision wouldn't skip releasing it on Xbox for no reason. Because the specs on the XB1 allow for a less pared-down port. Because since 2002 Activision has released its marquee multiplatform titles on Xbox as well as other consoles. There's no rhyme or reason to think they'd skip XB1 for the N. Sanity Collection, save for believing a baseless leak.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Because Activision wouldn't skip releasing it on Xbox for no reason. Because the specs on the XB1 allow for a less pared-down port. Because since 2002 Activision has released its marquee multiplatform titles on Xbox as well as other consoles. There's no rhyme or reason to think they'd skip XB1 for the N. Sanity Collection, save for believing a baseless leak.
Agree.

Instead of everyone getting salty, we should just wait at this point.

But im in the same boat like a lot of other folks already said. I dont see Activision skipping Xbox. No reason to.

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
But Sonic's sales have been dwindling over the years with each new game selling worse than the last. Mania apparently is a best seller and one of the highest rated Sonic games in YEARS.

And Crash managed to sell about 3.5 million last year on just one console and is still on the charts. If Crash can do that alone on the PS4, then he can certainly sell just as well on the Switch or PC. Maybe not on the same caliber of PS4 sales but it'll do fine regardless. If the quality of a new game is there, lives up to the hype and gets word of mouth, it'll do great.
Mania and N.Sane Trilogy are successful because they were a return to form for the franchises - a return to what people liked about them in the first place.

What do most people like about Crash? The charm from the original games and the silly marketing. Both of those things were covered under Playstation's wing. Crash is heavily tied to those times when he was exclusive to PlayStation.

Crash doesn't have his own platform to stand on. A lot of his games just weren't any good when he went multiplatform. Maybe we just need better developers, but Activision needs to tackle this issue with their 5-year plan, or history will repeat itself and sales will decline again.

OP
OP
Wrestleman

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Crash doesn't have his own platform to stand on. A lot of his games just weren't any good when he went multiplatform. Maybe we just need better developers, but Activision needs to tackle this issue with their 5-year plan, or history will repeat itself and sales will decline again.

Sales for Crash may have declined from the PS1 megahit era, but they were never bad. From all accounts I have even the "hated" ones at the end of the original series canon were 1M+ sellers on definitely-not-huge budgets (Titans, at least I know for sure). Quality of the games is subjective. Their metacritic scores are far from horrifying. Except Boom, Bang, but that's super trash, yes.

Last edited:

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The only possible reason is Sony somehow did it.
I doubt that Sony has the money to basicly pay Activision for the loss of potentional sales on another platform.

Some folks really have to stop with this "Sony did that and that" conspiracy theories. But anyway, such stuff is very very anti consumer and should be called out asap.
And no one should be happy about such thigns happening.

3rd Party exclusives are the most stupid thing ever happening in the gaming industry.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I doubt that Sony has the money to basicly pay Activision for the loss of potentional sales on another platform.

Some folks really have to stop with this "Sony did that and that" conspiracy theories. But anyway, such stuff is very very anti consumer and should be called out asap.
And no one should be happy about such thigns happening.

3rd Party exclusives are the most stupid thing ever happening in the gaming industry.
Without Sony we probably never would have even gotten the remasters. Crash fans kept asking and asking for a decade. Sony was smart and with their partnership with Activision it allowed the games to be brought back. I may Ben wrong but I think Vicarious Visions even said the same. Sony came forward and asked to bring it back.

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Sales for Crash may have declined from the PS1 megahit era, but they were never bad. From all accounts I have even the "hated" ones at the end of the original series canon were 1M+ sellers on definitely-not-huge budgets (Titans, at least I know for sure). Quality of the games is subjective. Their metacritic scores are far from horrifying. Except Boom, Bang, but that's super trash, yes.
I think they were on the right track with Twinsanity (one of my favorite Crash games actually), but they didn't capitalize on that.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I think even the two titan games are solid titles that would be more accepted if they weren't Crash. Absolutely not anything special, but not as terrible as some would lead you to believe.

OP
OP
Wrestleman

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I think even the two titan games are solid titles that would be more accepted if they weren't Crash. Absolutely not anything special, but not as terrible as some would lead you to believe.

Speaking as a huge Crash fan, Titans and Mind Over Mutant, writing-wise and story-wise, are some of the fanserviciest ones. They're no more "not Crash" to me than say, any of the spin-off games are. To me, they're just Crash in a different genre, like CTR or Bash, etc. And as you said, mechanically, they are solid, fun games. Titans in co-op is one of my favorite Crashes.

Oct 26, 2017
Should the thread title be updated referencing that Eurogamer has seemingly heard the same from their own sources that the Trilogy is Switch and PC-bound?

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I'd assume it's more likely that since the licensing company is European they probably just haven't been proactive with the Xbox One. I doubt it would skip that system. The port is just way too easy.

EmryX

Oct 30, 2017
Except it was literally a design choice, they said it themselves in one of the multiple interviews they had about it.
They deliberately made the game run at 30fps even on the vanilla PS4 with not even a single frame drop throughout the game as per DigitalFoundry so it wasn't "poor optimization".

Was it the best decision? Probably not, but please refrain from posting this kind of comments if you don't even have the slighlest clue of what happened during the game's development.
Okay right, i didn't have a clue of what happened during the development of that game.
That being said, it should NEVER be a design choice. It's a poor choice, and i will say it : It's bullshit :)

And if they just want to "be like the original game" (why remake it then ?), then give us the choice in the settings.

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
This is Activision of course will come everybody knows that. It was exclusive because of Sony bringing the idea and maybe put some funding to be timed. Other than that good to see Crash trying to make a comeback.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Well, expect the answer for this rumor Sometime tomorrow.

200.gif

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
And we should believe you because?
Am i missing something?
Activision Blizzard will be making a conference call for their earnings report at 4:30PM EST and since this is Q4, they're expected to at least make some announcements for the year 2018 and some news regarding profits from the whole year and Q4.

Here's a link that you can bookmark for later

If you are telling the true, you should let a mod verify you.

No need for that, he's just talking about the Q4 Earnings Report.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wrestleman

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
That article is really pretentious. I hate when writers feel the need to let you know they'd really rather not be reporting on this terrible awful game they hate, but it's their jooooob.

It's funny how the article was clearly written by someone who's firmly in the "Crash was never good" camp.
AKA Camp Wrong.

Yup. Useless editorializing.