• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Wrestleman

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
how_rude.png

Dec 15, 2017
I doubt that Sony has the money to basicly pay Activision for the loss of potentional sales on another platform.

Some folks really have to stop with this "Sony did that and that" conspiracy theories. But anyway, such stuff is very very anti consumer and should be called out asap.
And no one should be happy about such thigns happening.

3rd Party exclusives are the most stupid thing ever happening in the gaming industry.

They are stupid, but at the same time there's no denying that the shift away from them has made the three console market feel as redundant as ever. I've always felt the need to own all of them but I could easily live without one of the big 3 at this point.

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
Sony pushing their classics so much they are even landing on competing consoles!

/s

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Man lets hope stuff gets clarified tomorrow already. Would be good to know whats going to happen. And please a Xbox port too. No need to skip it. But im confident that Activision will release a Xbox port too.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, here's hoping that the release date will be early 2018 rather than late 2018.

I bought it at launch but barely have time/TV space to play at home...

I would even dare to say that this game is...

*Puts sunglasses on*

Perfect for Switch.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I hope Activision states the sales for N. Sane tomorrow during the earnings call. It must be roughly at 4 million copies by now.

I'm not expecting a megaton of news tomorrow (these calls are pretty boring) but I can at least see them talking little blurbs about the future of the IP.

Oct 30, 2017
The N.Sane Trilogy literally gave the franchise a new fresh start.... hopefully they will take advantage of this and start releasing a good Crash games with better quality.

The Trilogy made me realize how much I love and miss Crash.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
You know times are changing when you have xbox fans asking for a port of a Crash Bandicoot game...

"Times changing" being that the Xbox platform got every Crash game that released since the console existed?

Either way it would be weird for N Sane trilogy to come to every platform except the Xbox.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would they announce game via an earnings call? Seems like putting up a youtube trailer would be a better option.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can I just say I'm happy we're now in a time where Crash is relevant enough to be excited for announcements again?

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can I just say I'm happy we're now in a time where Crash is relevant enough to be excited for announcements again?
Sure, I think we all are.

What I'm wondering, if this is all true, is if an hypothetical Crash 5 would be legit good. What we got last year was a Remake based on the old ones. Will Activision produce good new material, that is to see, hopefully so.

(I say Crash 5 because I always considered Wrath of Cortex to be Crash 4, even though the number isn't there, it's a legit good sequel imo.)

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
What I'm wondering, if this is all true, is if an hypothetical Crash 5 would be legit good. What we got last year was a Remake based on the old ones. Will Activision produce good new material, that is to see, hopefully so.
I think VV shows that they're dedicated in making a solid product, they're really the only developer post PS1 that really got Crash's vibe. They're really the perfect fit and their Crash GBA games were surprisingly good (except for Fusion).

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
If Crash 4 is in development, you guys think it will start off as a PS4 exclusive again or be announced as a multiplat ?

Deleted member 3769

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Times changing" being that the Xbox platform got every Crash game that released since the console existed?

Either way it would be weird for N Sane trilogy to come to every platform except the Xbox.

"Times changing" where a crash bandicoot game is even relevant enough to bother Xbox fans in case it won't get a port ..or the fact that's is usually the Nintendo version that gets the shaft....

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been answered ad nauseum but why isn't this expected to be on Xbox? Idk why every company loathes putting games out on Xbox these days.

It's not like the install base is small and games don't sell.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been answered ad nauseum but why isn't this expected to be on Xbox? Idk why every company loathes putting games out on Xbox these days.

It would more than likely mean Sony paid for it to not come to Xbox.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
"Times changing" where a crash bandicoot game is even relevant enough to bother Xbox fans in case it won't get a port ..or the fact that's is usually the Nintendo version that gets the shaft....

What the hell are you even on about? Every Crash game post Bash has hit the Nintendo platform. Hell, Nintendo got EXCLUSIVE Crash games at that (some of which are the best post Crash games in the series.)

Oct 25, 2017

We don't know if it is true about it not coming to Xbox.

Aside from that, there are other reasons why a game may not come to the platform beyond install base and other games selling on it.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
So people are expecting this to skip Xbox One? In that case I suppose tomorrow is the day that Base finally cancels my preorder.

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what a Digital Eclipse-made Spyro trilogy remake would be like. The revived one is too small to do anything but retro compilations.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Do we expect game announcements at financial calls typically? I feel we may be setting up for disappointment no?

ATVI could very well still be vague on any specifics regards 2018 releases but still make fiscal forecasts after all.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Every company like who?
It's hyperbole, just frustrated that my X isn't getting much love with certain companies.
It would more than likely mean Sony paid for it to not come to Xbox.

We don't know if it is true about it not coming to Xbox.

Aside from that, there are other reasons why a game may not come to the platform beyond install base and other games selling on it.
Yeah I know, I get it, it's just a shame.

It's kind of malicious, messed up even, to release a game on EVERY platform but one. I don't understand what that even does...

It's just terrible and shitty business practice, for lack of a better word.

Oct 25, 2017
Do we expect game announcements at financial calls typically? I feel we may be setting up for disappointment no?

ATVI could very well still be vague on any specifics regards 2018 releases but still make fiscal forecasts after all.
I'm just looking for Crash sales. I wouldn't expect a new announcement at all.

It's hyperbole, just frustrated that my X isn't getting much love with certain companies.

Yeah I know, I get it, it's just a shame.

It's kind of malicious, messed up even, to release a game on EVERY platform but one. I don't understand what that even does...

It's just terrible and shitty business practice, for lack of a better word.
I wouldn't go that far but I get your frustration if Xbox is your only platform.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just looking for Crash sales. I wouldn't expect a new announcement at all.

I wouldn't go that far but I get your frustration if Xbox is your only platform.
It's not, I own a pro, but the X is my most powerful platform, not that the difference would be huge, but it would be nice as I prefer achievements/controller. Idk, is what it is I guess.

I'll wait and see for an official announcement.