• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017

https://www.xtralife.es/switch/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy/25223

portada25223_152_199.jpeg

Isn't it strange that the Switch cover already have the PEGI symbol? I don't actually know, I'm just asking but I thought that, even though it will be obviously 7+, they should wait for the official decision of PEGI.
Anyway, looking forward to getting Crash for Switch. When I was a child I spent so much time on Crash 3.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So in light of the Spyro remake rumors, I'm wondering if a new Crash in 2019 is still a possibility? If VV is doing Crash/Spyro, I can't see them also doing the other in the same time frame.

Oct 26, 2017
I already made a thread but it got locked only because apparently XtraLife has a history of putting up even rumored games up.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sp...sh-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-for-switch.24328/

Funny thing is... I think they literally used my mock-up and just replaced the ESRB logo with a PEGI logo:

crash_bandicoot_n_sane_trilogy_nintendo_switch_box_by_goldmetalsonic-db8scj3.png
portada25223.jpeg

https://goldmetalsonic.deviantart.c...-N-Sane-Trilogy-Nintendo-Switch-Box-679887471

See the Switch logo and the Activision logo and their exact placements in relation to the parts of the box if you look closely enough? Hmm...

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I already made a thread but it got locked only because apparently XtraLife has a history of putting up even rumored games up.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sp...sh-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-for-switch.24328/

Funny thing is... I think they literally used my mock-up and just replaced the ESRB logo with a PEGI logo:

crash_bandicoot_n_sane_trilogy_nintendo_switch_box_by_goldmetalsonic-db8scj3.png
portada25223.jpeg

https://goldmetalsonic.deviantart.c...-N-Sane-Trilogy-Nintendo-Switch-Box-679887471

See the Switch logo and the Activision logo and their exact placements in relation to the parts of the box if you look closely enough? Hmm...

You can see where they used the Photoshop Clone Tool to (badly) erase the ESRB logo and part of the podium if you zoom in:

piYjLIs.png

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
Is Crash a good game, even as somebody who has no nostalgia for the series? Unsure whether to be excited for this or not on Switch.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
So in light of the Spyro remake rumors, I'm wondering if a new Crash in 2019 is still a possibility? If VV is doing Crash/Spyro, I can't see them also doing the other in the same time frame.
If I had a guess, Acti's plan is to probably alternate Crash & Spyro year over year so neither of them stagnate or burn out. So for them to handle preproduction on Crash 2019 and full production on Spyro is possibly doable.

OP
OP
Wrestleman

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

VV is like, 200 people, and only 60ish of them worked on N.Sane, and while they were doing that, a good chunk of that team double-dutied as backup on Skylanders Imaginators and the Crash Action Pack expansion for that game. They could probably handle both, especially as the need for them to have a large Destiny team dials back.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
We have to understand that this listing (that just got removed, shocking I know) is explicitly a placeholder based on the whole thing that this thread is about, as well as their (XtraLife) assumption and hopes of a Nintendo Direct coming around this month or later.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
VV is like, 200 people, and only 60ish of them worked on N.Sane, and while they were doing that, a good chunk of that team double-dutied as backup on Skylanders Imaginators and the Crash Action Pack expansion for that game. They could probably handle both, especially as the need for them to have a large Destiny team dials back.

Ah didn't realize they were that big! It would be awesome if we got both games then!

rtv190

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hadn't a bunch of stores also put up some listings for an Xbox One version of the game last year, back when there were rumors of it being released in December?
I'm not sure if store listings like this are very reliable...
Yep, they did the same thing in regards to Bayonetta for XB1 and PS4 and Ni No Kuni 2 coming to XB1 too.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Marcus Sellars, so take with a huge pinch of salt, but:

Would suggest an Activision announcement regarding Crash at 3PM PT (23:00 GMT) today. Well, not long to know whether he's totally full of shit or not anyway.

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England
Is Crash a good game, even as somebody who has no nostalgia for the series? Unsure whether to be excited for this or not on Switch.

Really depends on what you like from platformers. In my opinion, yes - god, yes, especially Crash 1 and 2. The level design is excellent and 100%ing them is a challenging, thoughtful experience that requires a lot of skill. Crash 3 I'm less keen on, but we're talking 8/10 rather than 9/10 here. I use the whole scale so 5 is "average".

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Marcus Sellars, so take with a huge pinch of salt, but:

Would suggest an Activision announcement regarding Crash at 3PM PT (23:00 GMT) today. Well, not long to know whether he's totally full of shit or not anyway.

Lol, Markus needs to stop. He's taking rumors from other people and using it for himself if both Crash and COD get shown in the Direct then he will be like "See? I told you I have inside info".

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Crash probably, but i dont think Activision will reveal the next COD during a Nintendo Direct.

Lol, Markus needs to stop. He's taking rumors from other people and using it for himself if both Crash and COD get shown in the Direct then he will be like "See? I told you I have inside info".

What he was saying is that there are going to be announcements for these games today, and they won't be made at the Direct. That's why they're at different times.
He's saying there will be an official announcement of BLOPS IIII today at 10AM PST (which is several hours before the Direct) and an announcement for Crash at 3PM PST (which should be a little bit after the Direct)
So, BLOPS IIII will be announced on its own and if there is a Switch version don't expect more than a small blurb about it on the Direct. Crash will probably be announced at the Direct and then other possible platforms announced after the Direct similar to how Dark Souls Remastered was handled

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
What he was saying is that there are going to be announcements for these games today, and they won't be made at the Direct. That's why they're at different times.
He's saying there will be an official announcement of BLOPS IIII today at 10AM PST (which is several hours before the Direct) and an announcement for Crash at 3PM PST (which should be a little bit after the Direct)
So, BLOPS IIII will be announced on its own and if there is a Switch version don't expect more than a small blurb about it on the Direct. Crash will probably be announced at the Direct and then other possible platforms announced after the Direct similar to how Dark Souls Remastered was handled

Kind of insane that today is like a mini E3 lol.

Marcus is full of shit

period

And this too.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Marcus is full of shit

period

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Would be ace if Crash manages to sell on Switch and XB1/PC if that's a thing. I want my boy established so deep on all possible platforms that he never has to retire again. Hopefully Acti has learned from their past mistakes, I'm really curious to see how the 2019 Crash game looks unless it's CTR of course.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So are you saying he's wrong?
No COD or Crash news today?
if there is, it's not because Marcus has insider info. the dude piggy backs off of known info and passes it off as his own, he tweets shit from random people who DMs him stuff, and deletes anything he gets wrong and lies about it

nigga's full of shit

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
Really depends on what you like from platformers. In my opinion, yes - god, yes, especially Crash 1 and 2. The level design is excellent and 100%ing them is a challenging, thoughtful experience that requires a lot of skill. Crash 3 I'm less keen on, but we're talking 8/10 rather than 9/10 here. I use the whole scale so 5 is "average".

Thanks for the review! I'm definitely going to do some deeper research on the series now.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Marcus Sellars is the least credible """insider""" out there. He steals information from others and posts false rumors all the time. I called him out on Twitter (and got several likes for it lol) and he blocked me. Oh well.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Sellars was not the first person to say BO4 was happening at that time. Reminder that all he does is tweet all leaks he sees or gets tipped off as his own.