Rumor: ATVI's 5-year plan for Crash includes N.Sane Trilogy on Switch/PC, New Game in 2019

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think a new game will be good. Crash has always been poor post the PS1, I don't know if they can bring back the magic. They are not Naughty Dog.
I have a lot of faith in them. They really just need to keep on doing what they’ve already done.

Oct 26, 2017
Releasing a new game as multiplat removes the feeling that he's part of the PlayStation family. I think Activision should keep him exclusive even without any Sony deal. It weakens the brand
What a silly idea. Crash games have been multiplat for years following the original trilogy, CTR, and Crash Bash.

I don't see why the remaster's success has to keep the IP from going multiplat.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm. I might double dip on Switch, if it happens. I wouldn't be surprised as Nintendo has already confirmed Activision support.

Oct 26, 2017
Loading tends to be more efficient on switch due to both its card format and internal memory having a slightly faster transfer rate than the ps4s harddrives
Oh forgot about that... quicker loads would improve the games a lot

Nov 27, 2017
You guys if there is a new Crash racer they won’t call it Crash Tag Racing for the same reason the other two weren’t, activision wants full control of the brand and won’t limit the possibility of sales by tying the to the rights. It may homage it heavily but it won’t have that name

Oct 25, 2017
London
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I'll buy this shit on PC and Switch. And I already have it on PS4. And I don't even have a Switch yet.

OP
OP
Wrestleman
Oct 25, 2017
You guys if there is a new Crash racer they won’t call it Crash Tag Racing for the same reason the other two weren’t, activision wants full control of the brand and won’t limit the possibility of sales by tying the to the rights. It may homage it heavily but it won’t have that name
Before the trademarks for "Crash Team Racing" expired, the company now known as Activision was the owner for all four marks. Ownership rights is not the reason Vivendi historically avoided the Crash Team Racing name. Crash Nitro Kart was called "Crash Team Racing 2" for most of its development.

Nov 27, 2017
Because Sony ALLOWED activision to make the remake, so they could choose which consoles to put it on.
Eh sony encouraged it, but they didn’t have any say in whether activision could do the remake. It’s only the rereleases they have a tie for on the original four games in their original 4

Oct 28, 2017
If this and the COD rumors are true, then that makes Activision a slow but supporting third party and my kudos would go to them.
As for Crash, I think I can postpone my plan to buy a PS4 :P

Oct 27, 2017
  • There's a new Crash game coming in 2019
  • Activision has plans for Crash titles through 2022

PLEASE.... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kill me with fire!!!

Oct 27, 2017
Because Sony ALLOWED activision to make the remake, so they could choose which consoles to put it on.
I don’t think Sony has a say in what Activision does with their IP. They can pay them money or Activision can get them a timed exclusive since Crash was known as a PS game back in the day, but that’s it.

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
more crash to more people? Porting to Switch and PC, sounds nice, but i question vicarious visions on developing anything but naughty dog's core titles, so i am iffy about a new game. And Sony would have exclusive rights to Kart Racing. So....who knows how it might go

Oct 25, 2017
Very curious how they handle a completely new Crash platformer.

I think a new CTR would be a safer next step. A new platformer seems way easy to mess up.

Oct 27, 2017
more crash to more people? Sounds nice, but i question vicarious visions on developing anything but naughty dog's core titles. And Sony would have exclusive rights to Kart Racing. So....who knows how it might go
This was brought up in another topic. Activision can make a Crash Racing game without Sony. Didn’t Crash Racing games come to other systems?

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a huge part of the reason why N. Sane Trilogy was so successful was just pure nostalgia. I doubt a completely new Crash platformer would sell as well as that game did. That's not saying that it won't sell OK, though.

Oct 26, 2017
Take it with salt, but:

Max Arguile, Licensing Manager of GB Eye, a licensed merchandising company in Europe, goes on record in the new "Licensing Source Book Europe" from DHX Brands and claims the following:
  • Activision will release N.Sane Trilogy on Switch and PC in 2018
DO IT!

Oct 26, 2017
I'd give you that Sony were behind this (I doubt it), why would they agree on the Switch then?
Possible Sony just said no Xbox One and Wii U versions I guess, but I doubt it too. More likely they just did a [x] months of exclusivity deal. And Acti decide where it goes later.

pld

Oct 27, 2017
This was brought up in another topic. Activision can make a Crash Racing game without Sony. Didn’t Crash Racing games come to other systems?
Yes, Nitro Kart in 2003 (PS2, Xbox, GameCube, GBA, N-Gage) and Tag Team Racing in 2005 (PS2, GameCube, Xbox, PSP).

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant came out on literally everything except PS3

Weird, right?

Oct 27, 2017
I’m legitimately surprised that PC is getting the collection and Xbox isn’t. It’ll be nice playing it on my computer, but it would also be nice if it were on Xbox.

Regardless, glad to see that Crash is back.

OP
OP
Wrestleman
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a huge part of the reason why N. Sane Trilogy was so successful was just pure nostalgia. I doubt a completely new Crash platformer would sell as well as that game did. That's not saying that it won't sell OK, though.
I think 4+ million sales is a little bit more than a nostalgia-based success. Word of mouth was good, reviews were good.