• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Take it with salt, but:

Max Arguile, Licensing Manager of GB Eye, a licensed merchandising company in Europe, goes on record in the new "Licensing Source Book Europe" from DHX Brands and claims the following:
  • Activision will release N.Sane Trilogy on Switch and PC in 2018
  • There's a new Crash game coming in 2019
  • Activision has plans for Crash titles through 2022

DVNvNTwWkAErGRW.jpg

SOURCE: https://issuu.com/maxpublishing/docs/lsb_spring_2018 (page 97)

Death tornado spin me if old.

Cuboid 64

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like a good fit for the Switch if true! I'm really interested to see Vicarious Vision's take on a Crash 4 too. Unless it's actually the new/remade CTR people think Sumo's doing.

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Buy the collection traded it in crash 1 is to hard and frustrating and the controls were to stiff to play

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
I don't think a new game will be good. Crash has always been poor post the PS1, I don't know if they can bring back the magic. They are not Naughty Dog.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Given the immense success of the game and the ton of merch released in the last 6 months, not surprising and very likely true.

OP
OP
Wrestleman

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
This is just my speculation, but it's been made clear as day by Activision and Vicarious Visions that Sony came to them with the idea for this. Could be that they're in some sort of agreement as to which platforms the game can arrive on. It's also possible Arguile simply left Xbox out for no reason and it's coming to everything under the sun.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well there was the timed exclusivity thing going on....I was always dying to play this and I think it will look amazing on the Switch. Vicarious Visions are extremely talented.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Does the 'five year plan' involve releasing a half-finished game to then feed players the rest of the levels through DLC?

Did not expect them to pick this back up. Wonder what a new Crash game even plays like.

Last edited:

Status Effect

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmmm. I own and love my Switch, but I feel half the nostalgia for the Crash remaster was that he was synonymous with the PlayStation brand and people were happy to see him back where he belongs. Releasing a new game as multiplat removes the feeling that he's part of the PlayStation family. I think Activision should keep him exclusive even without any Sony deal. It weakens the brand

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Crash Team Racing Remake please.
Bit surprised they haven't said anything about the Remakes going elsewhere yet, no Xbox would be a surprise too.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmmm. I own and love my Switch, but I feel half the nostalgia for the Crash remaster was that he was synonymous with the PlayStation brand and people were happy to see him back where he belongs. Releasing a new game as multiplat removes the feeling that he's part of the PlayStation family. I think Activision should keep him exclusive even without any Sony deal. It weakens the brand

Crash should stay exclusive to Sony because of branding for you? You're joking?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting... but the game took ages to load on a ps4, can they really make it run ok on a switch?

Still waiting for ctr btw

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

There have been 9 CB games on Nintendo Platforms already, 4 of them exclusive. He hasn't been part of any platformholders "family" for two decades now

BlandrewYT

Nov 27, 2017
I don't think a new game will be good. Crash has always been poor post the PS1, I don't know if they can bring back the magic. They are not Naughty Dog.
I always thought Twinsanity was the best one. Great humor, amazing soundtrack, and great platforming. Would love to see the series continue off of this, rather than keeping him going through corridors like the Naughty Dog games.

Deleted member 8112

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
More sales = weakens the brand? Wut? I'd argue a bigger install base would widen it. For example, it'd be my first time playing a Crash game and I've heard they're quite good.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Interesting... but the game took ages to load on a ps4, can they really make it run ok on a switch?

Still waiting for ctr btw
Loading tends to be more efficient on switch due to both its card format and internal memory having a slightly faster transfer rate than the ps4s harddrives

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
If this is true, do platformers not tend to sell well on Xbone? Could be a reason why it's not coming to Xbox