• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmmm. I own and love my Switch, but I feel half the nostalgia for the Crash remaster was that he was synonymous with the PlayStation brand and people were happy to see him back where he belongs. Releasing a new game as multiplat removes the feeling that he's part of the PlayStation family. I think Activision should keep him exclusive even without any Sony deal. It weakens the brand
Crash has been multiplatform for a long time, longer than he was exclusive. The truth is that Crash is an Activision character, not a Sony character.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
If this is true, do platformers not tend to sell well on Xbone? Could be a reason why it's not coming to Xbox
Ori did very well on XBO.

When you think about some of the obscure games that have had XBO ports, and how mainstream Crash is, and how Activision likes to port to everything under the sun, the only reason why it wouldn't be coming to XBO is moneyhats.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
more crash to more people? Porting to Switch and PC, sounds nice, but i question vicarious visions on developing anything but naughty dog's core titles, so i am iffy about a new game. And Sony would have exclusive rights to Kart Racing. So....who knows how it might go

Vicarious Visions made some of the best post Naughty Dog Crash games, so I honestly think they'd be my first choice after Naughty Dog for a proper Crash 4.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I would double dip on Switch easily

No XB1 mention is weird though, I see no reason for why it wouldn't be released there as it totally should

Zebei

Oct 25, 2017
Give it to me.

The world needs more crash, and I need Crash on Switch so I can play the damn thing. If Crash can come back to the level he one was (doubtful) it would be glorious.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I'll legit be surprised if it comes to Switch and PC but not Xbox.

One could argue that the Xbox audience doesn't really seem to care much for family-friendly platforming mascots. I'd imagine that's probably the reason Microsoft is hesitant on greenlighting a new Banjo-Kazooie game.

Nintendo's consoles/audience on the other hand, have always been welcoming for such kind of games. I'd call it "The Sonic Effect".

Oct 25, 2017
The real question is, what direction do they take the franchise and who do they let develop the games. It'll be interesting, to say the least.

BlandrewYT

Nov 27, 2017
People are really surprised that Crash would come to Switch over XBOX ONE? After Playstation, a Nintendo platform would probably be the next smartest platform for the series sales wise.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, please for the love of all that is good in this world, keep making more crash games.

Spyro when though?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Crash has been multiplatform for a long time, longer than he was exclusive. The truth is that Crash is an Activision character, not a Sony character.
Yeah but the franchise was at its peak when ND were developing it both commercially and critically and it's why it's still remembered to this day. There's a reason Acti picked the first 3 games to remake instead of any of the mostly junk shit they released after that. Crash has always been associated with Playstation in the mainstream and will remain so unless Acti do the unexpected and release a ground breaking crash game.
Well, I don't believe that Nintendo and Sony are rivals. In fact, LBP (A sony ip) was originally gonna have a Mario costume
https://www.engadget.com/2007/05/18/lbp-taunts-us-with-mario-sack-boy-concept-art/
You have to be joking to believe companies are actually this friendly to each other.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Vicarious Visions made some of the best post Naughty Dog Crash games, so I honestly think they'd be my first choice after Naughty Dog for a proper Crash 4.

to be clear i dont think VV's post ND games were "bad" per se, but i dont think they are up to the challenge of taking ND's base and expanding on it. Especially considering their...later art and design choices for later games being very far removed from the original game concepts

Jacob LeBeau

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Yeah but the franchise was at its peak when ND were developing it both commercially and critically and it's why it's still remembered to this day. There's a reason Acti picked the first 3 games to remake instead of any of the mostly junk shit they released after that. Crash has always been associated with Playstation in the mainstream and will remain so unless Acti do the unexpected and release a ground breaking crash game.

You have to be joking to believe company are actually this friendly to each other.
Why you always negative.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm optimistic about the future of this series, personally. I think VV understand the franchise well and got what it takes to move it forward.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
So if its CTR getting a remake does that mean it will be PS4 only? Sony still owns the rights to that.

Id be down for a finished version of Twinsanity. With all the cut content.

doragon

Oct 27, 2017
I have so little faith in their capacity to do a minimally good job. Please prove me wrong...

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CTR Remaster and Spyro Trilogy as well please and thank you

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great news. N.Sane Trilogy was a great remake and I have huge faith in VV to make a great new Crash game

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Why you always negative.
Because you're asking me to believe two companies competing are going to give each other titles even tho they can prevent it. Why don't Sony and Nintendo release every exclusive they have while at it if they're friendly enough to give multi-million selling game?
They probably have data on how plattformers perform on Xbox and would on Switch.

It probably would stay console-exclusive on PS4 if the Switch hasnt been such a breakout success.
Ori sold well and crash is a big name to justify a port. The game didn't come to Xbox yet because of the deal not because Acti just decided to ignore Xbox when it comes to releasing a game lie Crash. If Japanese games can sell well on Xbox you can bet freaking Crash would sell as well.

Because it'll likely sell better on Switch
Debatable but better doesn't mean the other won't sell.

OP
OP
Wrestleman

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
So if its CTR getting a remake does that mean it will be PS4 only? Sony still owns the rights to that.

Id be down for a finished version of Twinsanity. With all the cut content.

They don't own the rights to that any more than they do to 1-Warped. It's a point of confusion because CTR was licensed to them and not funded by Universal Interactive, but UIS still very much owned the trademarks for CTR.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, we got so much rumor about that Switch version, still hard to believe it might be true.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crash coming to Switch is a no-brainer decision considering that the users that buy Nintendo consoles love platforms. Activision is being intelligent if this confirms to be true.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming it's true, I wonder when the port announcements will happen. If Sony had one year of exclusivity they could release it this summer.

Oct 25, 2017
First time the original trilogy would land on a Nintendo system.
Not too interested in it myself, always thought these games were kind of bad. But I'm sure there's an audience for it.
I could've sworn we knew it was times exclusive for a year?

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmm. I own and love my Switch, but I feel half the nostalgia for the Crash remaster was that he was synonymous with the PlayStation brand and people were happy to see him back where he belongs. Releasing a new game as multiplat removes the feeling that he's part of the PlayStation family. I think Activision should keep him exclusive even without any Sony deal. It weakens the brand

what utter insanity is this? Yes have ATVI curtail their revenue, and lessen the amount of people who can enjoy the game because.... vague brand emotion? I can't...