• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Wrestleman

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
No numbers, but here's what was said about Crash:

3.JPG

Crash was treated basically as the "#3" in their top 3 for the Activision segment of Activision Blizzard. And a microscopic Spyro hint.

Oct 25, 2017
"Look forward to exploring other Activision classic IP as well in the future"

Soon.

I wish we could have receivied more concrete details on Crash though.

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I expect that N.Sane Trilogy going multiplatform will be a minor announcement in the coming months.

Maybe something about Spyro or CTR near E3. Another timed exclusive on PS4.

Emilijo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My guess is Crash Team Racing remaster announced at Sony's conference at E3 for 2019. release.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I'm not guaranteeing that it'll happen again after what happened with NECA/GB Eye but Toy Fair is next weekend and I wouldn't be surprised if there was an unintended blurb concerning the ports and/or 2019 game.

Crash is gonna be there with a full toyline.

Jacob LeBeau

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Pfft, yeah sure. If they couldn't be bothered to confirm or deny Crash coming to switch, that won't happen.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I expect that N.Sane Trilogy going multiplatform will be a minor announcement in the coming months.

Maybe something about Spyro or CTR near E3. Another timed exclusive on PS4.
Yeah, this sounds on the money. Sony gets the remasters for a year, then they go multiplat. I do wonder if CTR alone would be enough or would they add new content or another game (Crash Bash?) to fill it out?

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this sounds on the money. Sony gets the remasters for a year, then they go multiplat. I do wonder if CTR alone would be enough or would they add new content or another game (Crash Bash?) to fill it out?
I think they could get away with CTR with added online for $40-50. They know how big Crash is now.

OP
OP
Wrestleman

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
In what could be a frightening turn of events for GB Eye, all Crash Bandicoot content and merchandise has been removed from their website.

Whoopsie?

I really don't think they'd revoke the license over something like this, though.

Kenagain

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, I remember when people said no one cared about crash, good times.

Lol I just don't understand how someone could say this... I mean to each their own but growing up in the 90's, I don't have a single friend that wasn't stoked on this or Spyro... I always thought these were pretty much universally loved games, but I could be wrong

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In what could be a frightening turn of events for GB Eye, all Crash Bandicoot content and merchandise has been removed from their website.

Whoopsie?

I really don't think they'd revoke the license over something like this, though.
I doubt they'd revoke a license over something like this. especially if the merch is already established

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Lol I just don't understand how someone could say this... I mean to each their own but growing up in the 90's, I don't have a single friend that wasn't stoked on this or Spyro... I always thought these were pretty much universally loved games, but I could be wrong

I thought these motherfuckers were straight trollin. I thought it was like the Knack joke.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey

Whoopsie?

What were the odds of the guy getting fired for letting the cat out of the bag and potentially breaking an NDA?

PaypayTR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People who doubted Crash at first place were likely born in NES-N64 enviroment and never had PS1 or was already growed up when Crash came out. Here in Asia-Middle East - All europe Crash was the shit.

It wasnt popular as Mario in USA though

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
To be fair, I'd say I knew there was nostalgia for Crash, but had no idea how well that would translate into sales.

MANUELF

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that it was the 3 games everyone knew for 40 dollars was the biggest reason it did so well, if they tried each one for 40 or all 3 for 60 it wouldnt have sold as well, the biggest test will be a new full price release

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
People who doubted Crash at first place were likely born in NES-N64 enviroment and never had PS1 or was already growed up when Crash came out. Here in Asia-Middle East - All europe Crash was the shit.

It wasnt popular as Mario in USA though

We have (or used to have) a PC magazine called PCChip over here. I remember reading it in 2005 or 2006, and one of the journalists wrote "The most popular platforming game of all time is probably Commander Keen." I think that was the last issue that I ever bought.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
The fact that it was the 3 games everyone knew for 40 dollars was the biggest reason it did so well, if they tried each one for 40 or all 3 for 60 it wouldnt have sold as well, the biggest test will be a new full price release
imo, the smart move would to make a game that's bigger than any of the three original games (but not as big as all three put together) at the $40 price point.

They can reuse a lot of stuff from these remakes, and just do new levels etc.

PaypayTR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Why would they do that? Also if they sold it 3 for 60 $ it would sold similarly.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I didnot enjoy crash collection as I did with the original back it the days honestly. Something felt off.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Why would they do that? Also if they sold it 3 for 60 $ it would sold similarly.
The 40 dollar part is very important as that helped sell them like with Ratchet & Clank on the PS4, same thing with the remake of Shadow of the Colossus.

imo, the smart move would to make a game that's bigger than any of the three original games (but not as big as all three put together) at the $40 price point.

They can reuse a lot of stuff from these remakes, and just do new levels etc.

Would if have to be more open-ended with that length or a more linear kind of game with that length? (I'm also referring to Thumpin' Wumpa Islands and the 2015 N. Sanity Beach Protoype from 2015)

I didnot enjoy crash collection as I did with the original back it the days honestly. Something felt off.

For me, I did enjoy it as much but the thing that keeps throwing me off is the Jump mechanism/Pill-Boxed (possibly) collision hit detection of the charact model. I know some people who feel the same way as you.

PaypayTR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The 40 dollar part is very important as that helped sell them like with Ratchet & Clank on the PS4, same thing with the remake of Shadow of the Colossus.

Would if have to be more open-ended with that length or a more linear kind of game with that length? (I'm also referring to Thumpin' Wumpa Islands and the 2015 N. Sanity Beach Protoype from 2015)

3 games for 60 $ for ground of remake is still pretty good for price.

Also Open end crash with collectables never work because that is literally not what crash is about. Thats for Banjo,Mario and their clones.
Not like we are in big pool of Crash clone arcade level short 6-7 minuted level games. They are practically non existent so why not create one instead of bastardising Crash and turning into some open world Twinsanity bullshit.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
3 games for 60 $ for ground of remake is still pretty good for price.

Also Open end crash with collectables never work because that is literally not what crash is about. Thats for Banjo,Mario and their clones.
Not like we are in big pool of Crash clone arcade level short 6-7 minuted level games. They are practically non existent so why not create one instead of bastardising Crash and turning into some open world Twinsanity bullshit.
Obviously not expecting a Twinsanity--style game since that misses some of the most important core aspects of the Crash gameplay. But thank you for responding and understanding where I'm coming from as a fan.

Also, doing it as 60 instead of 40 would mean a bigger risk for the game(s) to sell overall in this kind of genre. Just saying since people here expected that to not work with Crash originally.

PaypayTR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Obviously not expecting a Twinsanity--style game since that misses some of the most important core aspects of the Crash gameplay. But thank you for responding and understanding where I'm coming from as a fan.

Also, doing it as 60 instead of 40 would mean a bigger risk for the game(s) to sell overall in this kind of genre. Just saying since people here expected that to not work with Crash originally.

Yeah i get that 60vs40 but just telling if anyone was able to justify its price it was Crash collection even for 60$ imo. They could slice up each title for 20$ as well. But end product is still more satisfying for 40 $

TZchassis

Oct 27, 2017
I hope a Crash Bash remake / sequel is coming next. Loved that game on ps1. I would assume they would do a new entry + a racing game before that.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
BTW, I think it's fair to say that Activision should not overestimate sales or make it on a similar level to N. Sane since there has to be a safety net for the new game or the upcoming ports. (the whole leaked/rumored bits according to the GB Eye Licensing Manager)