• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I think people will be pleasantly surprised with the new Smash Bros games visuals because it's one of the few WiiU games to run at 1080p native meaning there's a lot of untapped power on Switch for everything from better character models to improved lighting and much more complex stages.

Damn... I cannot wait to see what this game looks like. I was a little pessimistic on the visuals before today.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
He actually didn't reveal anything major so I hope he doesn't lose his job.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Accidentally revealing the co developer of the last smash game is also working on the new one (shock) isn't something he'll get fired for (hopefully). Not like he leaked some huge secret . He probably deleted his account after he realised his mistake and started getting loads of notifications

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
XT6zDPz.png

just checked the Mario Odyssey credits to be sure, and he's certainly listed!
whether or not that was actually him we'll never know, i guess.

It's apparently legit since someone checked his LinkedIn and it had his account over there.

Deleted member 19761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tomorrow DMC 5 gets leaked, mark my words.

Bit of a weird thing to say in this thread haha...But tbh I hope it doesn't get leaked. At least not anything substantive. I would want some kind of confirmation of it being at E3 without seeing anything from the game until the day of.

Also RIP to this guy's career. Thanks for your work on this likely good game.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
I think its a joint thing. But Solair for Smash is my dream!

If it was going to happen it probably would be Solaire given that the Chosen Undead doesn't technically have an identity of it's own.

The love of Solaire has always kind of baffled me though. I mean he's a cool NPC and everything but I don't understand why he stands out so much to Souls fans.

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
Bit of a weird thing to say in this thread haha...But tbh I hope it doesn't get leaked. At least not anything substantive. I would want some kind of confirmation of it being at E3 without seeing anything from the game until the day of.

Also RIP to this guy's career. Thanks for your work on this likely good game.
I don't think he'll get fired, he didn't revealed anything major, just that Bamco was working in the game.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
mans probably lost his job but hey at least we know this is a new smash, a thing that was obvious from the start.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
I heard a there was a 4chan e3 leak that might be accurate? Liam Robertson mentioned it earlier but I can't find it.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This should be a given at this point, shouldn't it.

SnowFlakeCake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look at all these people wanting that attention seeking piece of shit Goku that couldn't win against a big baby, this is why we can't have nice things.

Get the greatest. Get the Geets. Vegeta4eva.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
If it was going to happen it probably would be Solaire given that the Chosen Undead doesn't technically have an identity of it's own.

The love of Solaire has always kind of baffled me though. I mean he's a cool NPC and everything but I don't understand why he stands out so much to Souls fans.
Being a Sunbro, the Praise the Sun emote being so popular, and the mystery of who he is is probably why he is so popular. I mean there was strong connections of him being Gwyns first born up until Dark Souls 3 came out. He was a character of contention.

TrickyAssist

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
Here's what comes up from his Linkedin

150b152aadc3bc6150c0c9a71125bcb0.png

If this is the case, then it means 2 things.
1. The game was in development around early-mid 2016(which was already assumed based on Sakurai's quotes)
2. More importantly, he started working at Bandai Namco in 2014, 5/6 months before Wii U released.

Unless they had to re-do the rendering engine months before release it's extremely likely he's referring to Smash Switch and not Wii U.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, poor guy didn't really give it much thought before posting that tweet. Hope he just gets scolded and not fired.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
RIP Tiago, I hope the Nintendo Ninjas weren't too hard on ya. Yeah I guess I should start thinking this is a new game, rather than an updated "port"/enhanced version of Smash 4.

Sebastopa

Apr 27, 2018
Well, I just hope he doesn't lose his job over this.. He basically confirmed that water is wet.
At least this confirms that Pac-Man is not going anywhere :D

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this is the case, then it means 2 things.
1. The game was in development around early-mid 2016(which was already assumed based on Sakurai's quotes)
2. More importantly, he started working at Bandai Namco in 2014, 5/6 months before Wii U released.

Unless they had to re-do the rendering engine months before release it's extremely likely he's referring to Smash Switch and not Wii U.
Just go check if his name is in Smash Wii U

Oct 29, 2017
Fuck, poor guy. I hope nothing bad happens to him... especially because a lot of us already thought this was a certainty.

Also, have my 1+ for Solaire in Smash. If he's in, it may be a bit awkward to reveal him @E3 when we haven't even gotten the game on Switch yet, though.

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Wow Bandai Namco is working on Smash Switch? I dunno man not sure I buy this one.....

I kid of course but this dude really gonna get himself in deep shit for something this really we all pretty much assumed anyways. If ur gonna leak something at least let it be something we couldn't have inferred already.

Really though I hope he doesn't get in too much trouble for this, that would really suck.

Zedelima

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
He didn't revelead too much...

Also, nice to see a brazilian working for nintendo!

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
When I saw that tweet, I assumed he meant the previous Smash (read it in a rush so I didn't notice the Switch namedrops), but with this turn of events...

The account deletion seals it, I think.

TrickyAssist

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
I'm not entirely sure why some of you think this means anything within regards to characters. Smash 3DS and Wii U were also developed by Bandai Namco so

May 3, 2018
The only Smash leak I can recall is the one in a massive Nintendo E3 "leak" that says Crash and Spyro will both be characters and I'm... not believing that for a second lol
Wish I could find it.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a reason Nintendo want to keep the developer a secret? It's weird even by everything has to be a secret game industry standards.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
Poor guy

Probably didn't realize what was (and wasn't) public knowledge yet. Made the tweet, and then oh shit time to delete my e-life