• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason Nintendo want to keep the developer a secret? It's weird even by everything has to be a secret game industry standards.
I don't think that's their goal so much as they just want to announce everything in one go.

You see this with game companies refusing to confirm the platforms of their game until an official announcement as well.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason Nintendo want to keep the developer a secret? It's weird even by everything has to be a secret game industry standards.
It reveals that Smash 6 is just an upgraded port of Smash 5 with some Smash 4 elements since all three have the same co-dev. It also sort of spoils Goku but we all knew he was a lock.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
http://kyoto-report.wikidot.com/tiago-sonobe

Tiago Sonobe

Current employee of Nintendo Company Limited, having worked mainly in the development department during his time with the company.

Sonobe was originally born in Brazil before moving to Japan in pursuit of a career in the game industry. After graduating from the University of Tokyo, he briefly worked for Square-Enix and Bandai-Namco before officially joining Nintendo in 2016, initially working as a Computer Programmer for the Entertainment Planning & Development Division.

His first prize work was handling environment program on Super Mario Odyssey for the Nintendo Switch.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
Would it be unreasonable for Nintendo to just flat out buy Bandai-Namco at this point since they collaborate so much all the time: Metroid Prime 4, Smash Bros series, Wii Sports Club, some old Star Fox, Pokken Tournament, and those Mario Kart arcade games...

Nintend could gain all BN's IPs plus rapidly expand their studio numbers and development output!

Deleted member 33798

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 19, 2017
Not surprised his account got wiped since JP companies are super sensitive about this kind of stuff. Bummer, though. :/

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Would it be unreasonable for Nintendo to just flat out buy Bandai-Namco at this point since they collaborate so much all the time: Metroid Prime 4, Smash Bros series, Wii Sports Club, some old Star Fox, Pokken Tournament, and those Mario Kart arcade games...

Nintend could gain all BN's IPs plus rapidly expand their studio numbers and development output!
They probably wouldn't want to be bought out.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

BN is a pretty big company with a lot of dealings outside of video games.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Here's what comes up from his Linkedin

150b152aadc3bc6150c0c9a71125bcb0.png
Talented guy

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017

Why buy the cow when you can get milk (nearly) free? Nintendo won't be able to do much with those IPs that Namco isn't already doing, and I don't think Nintendo wants to get back into manufacturing toys directly and would probably sell off power rangers pretty fast. So at this point, it's easier to contract out to them to do the menial work on their games.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I would take this to mean they took what they had for Smash 4 and built on top of it for the sequel a la Splatoon 2.

Probably smart, since it gives you a huge head start even if you upgrade art assets and the like, and this is out quite early in the gen.

if they make new character models for everyone* and cut or update the ugly stages like Meta Knight's, then i'm good from a graphics standpoint

*or improve the current ones. It depends since some need more help than others. For instance Bowser's model is great, but some FE guys and Donkey Kong need an overhaul.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
As a fellow brazilian, I share my condolences. Hope he keeps his job though in spite of probably being listening to some mad japanese screaming.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Man, the meltdowns would be one for the ages.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
VAI BRASIL!
(Go Brazil)

7x1 redeemed.

Caipirinha, feijoada.

Seriously, happy a brazilian guy is was working at Nintendo....

He was probably drunk tho...

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think he was just proud of his work and maybe with this invitational teaser thought the public knew more about the game than they currently do.

I hope the powers at be are lenient with him, he didn't really disclose anything earth-shattering.

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Poor dude, will lose a dream job because of one tweet.
On the other hand, Brazil keeps delivering leaks.