• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
I would have preferred BF2143 but I'll definitely take this instead. BFBC2 was legit and if the same team is returning for BFBC3 I'm definitely in. This is great news for the franchise if it turns out to be true.

RedFury

Oct 27, 2017
I would be down with a remake of BFBC1&2 with the MP of BC2. Don't know how well I trust Dice/EA now though. No BF since then has been able to catch the moment to moment gameplay or match its presentation despite graphical improvements.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
This would be awesome, but please if it's true bring back the full on crazy destruction! I fucking loved Bad Company 2 so much.

Oh and I really hope it's not really faster paced than BF1 that game is already very fast imo, I don't know why it would have to be faster.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Nah I'm good.

You know it'll be riddled with micro transactions and loot boxes.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
I'm with it, Bc2 was definitely a solid entry. Just worried about what kind of loot box fuckery they'll try to pull. I'm not usually one to even care about loot boxes, so long as they aren't pay to win. But Uhh yeah...battlefront 2 and all that.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
This rumored era is where we get the M16 and AK, right? That'll be fun again. I do miss my M60 though. The Galil is also active.... Hm... I can't wait to use these weapons again, especially their older variants instead of their modern variants.

RedFury

Oct 27, 2017
"Hey we're making a Bad Company sequel but with a shitton or attachments and gunplay and TTK closer to 3 and 4 than 1"

Makes no sense

Bf1 took the best parts of BC2, this seems to be going backwards despite being a direct sequel.
Do you mean in attatchments, etc. or gameplay. I absolutley detest BF1s "streamlined" nature. Feels like a game made for the lowest common denominator (Patrick Star). It doesn't feel immergent it feels like a theme park roller coaster. Its hard to explain, the moment to moment action feels stale?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the designer behind BC2 making the Chivalry games now? Not saying they need members from the old team, but I think the game was created under a specific set of circumstances that they won't he able to recreate.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how I feel about tighter maps and no all-out warfare. I will have to do a wait and see approach.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EA found that a lot of players hated Bad Company 1's comedic tone. That's why Bad Company 2 dials it back so much, with most of the comedy taking place in optional conversations you have to stand around to hear. And even that was a problem.

"When we did the original Bad Company and the sequel, we got a lot of criticism. Why would I play this? It's not a serious shooter, I don't care about this. I want a serious shooter with a more hard-boiled angle. And we thought it was fun! We loved it, we thought it was a great game. The narrative was amazing and the characters were amazing.

"So it's not that we've buried the crew, so to speak. But it is true that for some reason if you want to make a game for the masses, you need to be more neutral when it comes to things like humour, because humour is very personal. Some people love it, some people hate it."

When asked if the comedic example set by Nathan Drake in Uncharted might be the way to go, creative director Patrick Bach added, "He's not really funny. He's serious, but he's kind of ironic. I'm happy for franchises that can do that. I think Bad Company was perhaps part of that group. I love franchises that don't take themselves too seriously.

https://www.vg247.com/2013/11/22/battlefield-bad-companys-humour-made-it-too-niche-reckons-dice/

Battlefield: Hardline tried to dabble in some of that Bad Company-esque satirical tone. Particularly the mission in the desert with the "don't tread on me" compound and the indignant denials of racism. But it wasn't particularly appreciated, unfortunately.

RedFury

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how I feel about tighter maps and no all-out warfare. I will have to do a wait and see approach.
Have you played BC2? Despite being smaller scale its actual "battlefield" feel is unmatched to this day imo. I cant quite explain it but they just got the feeling down. Tank shooting a round and the sand around the tank bellows out from the concusive force. Heavy sand/snow blowing through a level passively, not just some scripted even, etc. Things like that just felt "alive" even with smaller maps and lower player counts. Enemy lanes were easier to manage but full destruction meant anyone utilizing it could change the battle.

FRV

Oct 27, 2017
If it means 32 players and small maps, sad.
I will probably buy it anyway though, I like Bad Company 2 but I like main Battlefields more. I'll be kinda disappointed if this is true.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Have you played BC2? Despite being smaller scale its actual "battlefield" feel is unmatched to this day imo. I cant quite explain it but they just got the feeling down. Tank shooting a round and the sand around the tank bellows out from the concusive force. Heavy sand/snow blowing through a level passively, not just some scripted even, etc. Things like that just felt "alive" even with smaller maps and lower player counts. Enemy lanes were easier to manage but full destruction meant anyone utilizing it could change the battle.
Yeah I played it a bit back in its heyday but I thought it was an alright game, but I did like the destruction a lot.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Really in two minds about this.

I like this idea

I loved the first two Bad Company games; the first for its personality and the second for its multiplayer so if they struck a balance between them it'll be great. The second's campaign lost a lot of the personality and I don't think necessarily it *needs* the same squad, just do the 'unconventional squad' trope but in this new (old) time period. Two really nailed the multiplayer, while it lacked 'all out warfare' it still felt a lot bigger to its rivals and played like a dream. M60 being God-Tier aside. Also with the technology now available the destruction possibilities will be great. My top two picks for the next Battlefield with Vietnam or 2143. I'm down with another Bad Company game.

I don't like this idea

After picking up Battlefield 1 a couple of months ago I've fell in love with the series again. All-out warfare is the heart and soul of Battlefield. From that description it really sounds like a reduction in scope, while BFBC2 still had a large scope so there's hope they keep that DNA and don't reduce the game to smaller maps and modes. EA's microtransactions are getting increasingly nefarious and if they're returning to BF4 style crazy-levels of customisation there's a lot of potential to leech off the consumers. Also I preferred the more simplistic customisation in BF1 - on the whole it just felt a lot more manageable and allowed me to enjoy the game more rather than having to make 8 modifications to every gun regularly. BF1's customisation was robust without going overboard.

-------------

Just my initial thoughts upon reading this, I'm going to have to gnaw on the idea a bit more. Honestly it could go either way but it is totally down to the realisation of the product - the idea itself is fine and something I'm happy with but there's a lot of potential for missteps.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
If I may were you heavy into CoD at the time? I can't remember which one it was at the time, this was the BF that finally got my attention.
Yep, during that time I was pretty heavily into either COD4 or MW2. I didn't really get into the series until 3 and haven't looked back since.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
BC 1,2 and BF4 are my favorite BF games to this day. I swore of EA and their shit practicies but I will buy BC3 lol. So fucking excited!

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
How the heck does the campaign work in continuation from the previous 2 games if it's based around Vietnam War? Pure reboot with the same characters?

I'm not quite sure how to take the idea of the multiplayer being of a "faster tempo" with "tighter gameplay" as well. Hope this means they're making maps more dense while still keeping the DNA of the series.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This sounds pretty cool if true. Guessing a new WW2 entry is coming after.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
How the heck does the campaign work in continuation from the previous 2 games if it's based around Vietnam War? Pure reboot with the same characters?

I'm not quite sure how to take the idea of the multiplayer being of a "faster tempo" with "tighter gameplay" as well. Hope this means they're making maps more dense while still keeping the DNA of the series.
Probably multiple flashbacks throughout the campaign, like the intro to BC2.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would separate the series between console and PC again; with the console-centric Bad Company with tighter smaller scale gameplay and the Battlefield (Year) style open world sandbox large scale gameplay.

Battlefield 3-4-1 were good attempts to combine them together, but it eventually just led to a distilled mix that didn't excite anyone.

Oct 30, 2017
I still cant put my finger on why BFBC2 MP was sooooooooo good. I think destruction of everything, amazing but smaller maps and smaller player count? I remember vehicles were there, but many of the maps had a straight'ish line to follow for control points so tanks etc.. were usually coming in set paths. You got used to attacking in those patterns and defending in those patterns.

One of the best DLC's I've ever bought was the Vietnam DLC for BFBC2 too. I played that for like 500 hours alone.

Applesaucejaxon

Uncle actually worked at Nintendo
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Bad Company 3 would guarantee me picking up the game. I'm not big of FPS, but I loved the first 2. The stories, characters, and voice acting really sucked me in.

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
And so the dream of Battlefield 1944 dies yet again. Maybe for 2020... :(

Will hope for the best, but as a BF fan since the beginning I was never that impressed by BC2. I hope DICE can make BC3 at least a little more sandboxy and a little less linear than its predecessor.

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
I was hoping the new games would add operations mode. It's the best thing about Battlefield One.... Does that mean they want each "Battlefield" to be it's own thing, rather than involve and add on the best stuff with each iteration? Bad Company will be about Rush Mode and smaller maps and playercount. Battle Field One will be about Operations and Old War Stuff.... and Modern is somewhere in between? Operations was so awesome i was hoping it would be a staple to every Battlefield.

Dec 7, 2017
Didn't DICE say a few years back that they had no clue why people liked Bad Company? Makes me wonder what their approach is for this game. Is it going to be a sequel in name only? Are they just going to bring over as much as they can without really understanding why? Or maybe they were able to figure it out since then. In any case, I'm mildly optimistic.

Char

Dec 9, 2017
So I'm picturing a cross between the "tighter" gameplay of the Medal of Honor reboot series with pared down BF4 vehicle mechanics. I'm expecting the gun customization to be somewhat reminiscent of MoH:W.

Ajax125

Nov 15, 2017
I want this to be real.....but i just know that EA will figure out some way to fuck it up. And thats what scares me the most.

risnuff

Nov 1, 2017
NoVa
I was hoping the new games would add operations mode. It's the best thing about Battlefield One.... Does that mean they want each "Battlefield" to be it's own thing, rather than involve and add on the best stuff with each iteration? Bad Company will be about Rush Mode and smaller maps and playercount. Battle Field One will be about Operations and Old War Stuff.... and Modern is somewhere in between? Operations was so awesome i was hoping it would be a staple to every Battlefield.

In the video, he runs down the game modes. BC3 will reportedly have every game mode that shipped with BF1, with the exception of a 5 v 5 mode instead of War Pigeons. This means although Frontlines and Supply Drop won't be in it, Operations will.

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
I have zero damn interest in the multiplayer...

Make the campaign fun, solid, and for crying out loud... make it funny again.
That's what made Bad Company enjoyable.

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will mean nothing if it is just in the name and not the gameplay.

BC2 multiplayer was still the most fun BF game, second only to BF2.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking gross. Sick of this shit in shooters. BF4 scarred me for life.
I enjoy it to a point but DICE puts so many downsides and variables that it was easy to make the gun worse without realizing it. I'd like to see them take BF1's system of having specific attachments on certain weapons focused for a specific purpose but allow us to customize the visuals of them more. Angled vs vertical fore grip, ACOG vs Russian scope, that kind of thing. That way balance can stay in check, you don't mess up the weapon's performance, and you retain the fun visual customization of attachments.

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking gross. Sick of this shit in shooters. BF4 scarred me for life.

I enjoy it to a point but DICE puts so many downsides and variables that it was easy to make the gun worse without realizing it. I'd like to see them take BF1's system of having specific attachments on certain weapons focused for a specific purpose but allow us to customize the visuals of them more. Angled vs vertical fore grip, ACOG vs Russian scope, that kind of thing. That way balance can stay in check, you don't mess up the weapon's performance, and you retain the fun visual customization of attachments.

Agreed. Sometimes, less is more.