• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently both games are showing up as being available to Xbox Gamepass Ultimate members on foreign Xbox stores.

German Xbox News site Xbox Dynasty says they're available but not able to be downloaded.
Two new titles have now been added, FIFA 22 and Battlefield 2042 , which you can access via EA Play.

However, we have to let you know that both games are currently not playable with your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, which actually includes the EA Play membership.

We tried the download on the console at least with FIFA 22 ourselves, but our EA Play subscription via Xbox Game Pass Ultimate prevented us from doing so.
www.xboxdynasty.de

EA Play: FIFA 22 und Battlefield 2042 ab sofort für Abonnenten verfügbar

EA Play: FIFA 22 und Battlefield 2042 ab sofort für Abonnenten verfügbar - XboxDynasty.de

And Xbox news Twitter account IdleSloth said FIFA was available before backtracking and saying it would be on May 5th.

Take all of this with a grain of salt of course.

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
with the other BF games available on gamepass i still don't know if i have time for 2042.

KeyChainDude

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe I'll download BF2042 just to scratch that itch, but I already set my expectations as low as possible.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Nice this will give a good boost for the playerbase. Bf2042 is an pretty good place right now.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
A GaaS, hasn't started its first season yet and available for less than 30 bucks lands on GP after 6 months of Release.
What a tragedy BF has come.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
Might want to correct the title, this is only on GamePass Ultimate where one of the perks is EA Play. This is not getting added to regular GamePass library.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I paid a lot of money for this game… lol haven't touched it since the first week.

Oh well I'll take the L.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
A GaaS, hasn't started its first season yet and available for less than 30 bucks lands on GP after 6 months of Release.
What a tragedy BF has come.
Isn't 6-ish months kinda normal for EA Play titles?
Might want to correct the title, this is only on GamePass Ultimate where one of the perks is EA Play. This is not getting added to regular GamePass library.
That's not accurate either, as EA Play is part of regular PC Game Pass.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Ive played most of all BFs and I know this is an unpopular opinion but 2042 has been one of my favorites.(Up there with BC2 and BF4 imo) Yeah its launch was a shitshow and it had a lots of issues but it had a great fun core. There just isnt many or maybe any games that match the insane scale, destruction and mayhem at that graphical fidelity. Maybe as its the first one I have fully played on PC first. ( I played all the others at launch on console) and have played most of all the recent ones from 4 on on PC since briefly. I still have lots of fun in the game, and its in a really good state after the last big 4.0 patch a week or so ago. Obviously people will have different experiences based on what platform/gen they played the game on.

But they really shot themselves in the foot with no season ready, and a bit of a lackluster live service, though I have enjoyed many of the different portal modes. But I think there is just a toxic cycle of shitting on the latest BF, and the previous BF that was shit on when it launched is now the gold standard. not to say they shouldn't be called out for stupid decisions, or game breaking bugs. But I still think its a great game and hope people aren't turned away by all the negativity targeted towards it. People who paid a lot of money for the premium editions have every right to be pissed though. Luckily I was able to pre order the standard edition for like 40 bucks.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
shouldn't the title be "...added to EA Play"? The service isn't exclusive to Game Pass.

Anyway, I doubt it will help 2042's numbers much, if at all.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even want to play 2042 on gamepass, and that says A LOT for me in particular

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
I would give BF2042 another spin to see how it looks now. I dont really have any hope for it though.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Was just telling my friend BF2042 would probably be hitting EA Play very soon.

Will give it a go for sure.

leverpastej

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ive played most of all BFs and I know this is an unpopular opinion but 2042 has been one of my favorites.(Up there with BC2 and BF4 imo) Yeah its launch was a shitshow and it had a lots of issues but it had a great fun core. There just isnt many or maybe any games that match the insane scale, destruction and mayhem at that graphical fidelity. Maybe as its the first one I have fully played on PC first. ( I played all the others at launch on console) and have played most of all the recent ones from 4 on on PC since briefly. I still have lots of fun in the game, and its in a really good state after the last big 4.0 patch a week or so ago. Obviously people will have different experiences based on what platform/gen they played the game on.

But they really shot themselves in the foot with no season ready, and a bit of a lackluster live service, though I have enjoyed many of the different portal modes. But I think there is just a toxic cycle of shitting on the latest BF, and the previous BF that was shit on when it launched is now the gold standard. not to say they shouldn't be called out for stupid decisions, or game breaking bugs. But I still think its a great game and hope people aren't turned away by all the negativity targeted towards it. People who paid a lot of money for the premium editions have every right to be pissed though. Luckily I was able to pre order the standard edition for like 40 bucks.

I am with you, this is also becoming my favorite Battlefield along with BC2, bought it to Ps5 day1 and have zero regrets, i have had fun since launch, but of course game is at a better state now then when it was released. Feels like a smart move to put in on GP about a month before new content will be released, my tip is early/mid June, and at the same point they will add stuff to buy etc.

This is not a bad game, not at all, its a very good game that might had a rough start, so many people that just wanted this game to die, so they can work on the next Battlefield, why? Dont know, but sometimes gamers and our community seems like its a thing to be toxic and hate, not my thing, opinions is good, but pure hate? Nah.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
At this point, I think someone would have to actually pay me to play 2042. 0 interest at all and if I get the BF itch, I'll just play any of the other BF games that are on GamePass.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Nice,
I still haven't even burned throught he Trial period of BF2042, but I'm excited to try it out again.

How is the game these days? Is it stable? and are there some good maps at this point?

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Nice,
I still haven't even burned throught he Trial period of BF2042, but I'm excited to try it out again.

How is the game these days? Is it stable? and are there some good maps at this point?

Game is more stable. No new maps or significant map changes outside of Breakthrough points on Kaleidoscope being removed from the roofs. First maps and (maybe actual map changes for Kaleidoscope) come with Season 1 which just has an early Summer date. And considering what happened to their Early April date, I have low expectations on timing.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Imagine paying $100+ for BF2042 at launch, man I would be pissed.

As someone who made the huge mistake of spending $100 at launch, I am not mad. It was a learning experience that solidified my belief that pre-ordering games in today's gaming climate is risky and not even worth it. I am completely done pre-ordering games.