• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019

YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This info comes from an insider who leaked Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V info with 99% accuracy.

"Hey guys! BF3 Remaster is the best thing since BF4's fix. BF3 Remaster will be launching behind another BF project in a similar manner to Call of Duty's Modern Warfare Remaster. The title proceeding BF3 remaster will have its own video dedicated to it :) Additionally, Levelcap Westie Jackfrags et al. have known about this since BFV launch. They are Battlefield's PR team and have been gauging interest in the title during its pre-production. Levelcap Westie and Jack are some of the most disingenuous battlefield Youtubers out there, milking fans with false rumour videos to generate clicks when they know full and well what the next title is far in advance."

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
A BF3 remaster would be my shooter of the year. Hoping this is real.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If it has all the DLC that would be fantastic. BF3 with everything included was amazing.

Heromanz

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, BF3 remastered is something I didn't know I wanted but................. man do i want it. BF3 might be my favourite BF ever.

Though I have to admit that having two modern Battlefield is a little bit weird. Maybe it's because they expect Battlefield VI to take more time than expected, and to launch something in between?

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
He also revealed in the video that DICE never wanted to make a WWII game. He also confirms that the next Battlefield is going back to Modern combat. Battlefield 3 Remastered will be like MWR. Battlefield 3 Remastered has been in the pipeline for a long time. It's not a standalone game. It's going to be packaged with a new Battlefield game like IW/MWR. The remaster will launch with all it's DLC content. DICE plans on supporting it with more cosmetics.

He also revealed that the Battlefield youtubers have known about the remaster ever since Battlefield V was revealed. The youtubers posted a bunch of abnormal BF3 content which was DICE gauging interest in BF3.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
The best BF game. It's aged so fucking well but it needs a new coat of paint for sure. I'll believe it when I see it, though.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
How about a Bad Company 1&2 remaster if they're going to go that route. Bad Company 2 is 10 years old, BF3 was good, but I liked Bad Company better, a lot more focused.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
He also revealed in the video that DICE never wanted to make a WWII game. He also confirms that the next Battlefield is going back to Modern combat. Battlefield 3 Remastered will be like MWR. Battlefield 3 Remastered has been in the pipeline for a long time. It's not a standalone game. It's going to be packaged with a new Battlefield game like IW/MWR. The remaster will launch with all it's DLC content. DICE plans on supporting it with more cosmetics.

He also revealed that the Battlefield youtubers have known about the remaster ever since Battlefield V was revealed. The youtubers posted a bunch of abnormal BF3 content which was DICE gauging interest in BF3.

Hmm, that would be a crazy amount of maps. Idk if I can believe this lol. Would be dope tho.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
They are Battlefield's PR team and have been gauging interest in the title during its pre-production. Levelcap Westie and Jack are some of the most disingenuous battlefield Youtubers out there, milking fans with false rumour videos to generate clicks when they know full and well what the next title is far in advance."

Feel like someone is mad at something.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would make a lot of sense for them to release Battlefield 3 remastered with PS5 and Xbox Series X at launch since EA has not major shooter on the market this year. But this guy provided us with no proof.

DoublePayje

Oct 29, 2017
Who needs this? Battlefield 4 after all the updates was better in almost all ways, and the graphics still hold up well enough today. Singleplayer wasn't good besides a few moments/missions and multiplayer balance was maybe the worst in Battlefield history (M16 anyone?).

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Wasn't the level of destruction in BF3 a step back from BC2? I would love a chance to play again, I had lots of fun playing at sub 20fps on ps3, it would be amazing to play at high framerate

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Weird they do BF3 tho if true and not BF4.
Btw if a remaster comes. The horrible BF3 surpression needs to be gone tho.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
battlefield 3 was the last BF game i really enjoyed. game had some great maps and ran flawlessly, but why would you need a remaster? it still plays perfectly fine

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
BF3 is probably tied with KZ2 for best multiplayer FPS I've played so this would be huge...

Jan 10, 2018
Hopefully we will also get a remaster of all the whining that came with that game. Can't wait for the "blue filter brigade" to get back into action!

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
battlefield 3 was the last BF game i really enjoyed. game had some great maps and ran flawlessly, but why would you need a remaster? it still plays perfectly fine
Native 4K, stable 60fps, HDR, new assets and textures, new audio and all DLCs included for 30 bucks?
I would buy it immediately. That's why!

Oct 27, 2017
Battlefield 3 was fantastic. It was one of the first things I downloaded on my PC when I built it last year just for the novelty of seeing it on better hardware, and it still looks fantastic. BF3 on PC was near enough a next gen game before next gen (and Battlefield 4) arrived.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
I'd buy a next-gen system day one if a BF3 remaster is there at launch. Even better would be if they brought Battlefield 4 maps across too.

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I like BF3 and it's my fav Battlefield game, but I fucking hate the suppression mechanic. How is that fun or authentic if your screen gets smeared with vaseline if someone shoots close to you. I want suppression mechanic removed from BF3 remaster, then it would be perfect.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
In the video, he says he was glad to get this info out before EA Play before they start teasing it. Maybe it'll be announced at EA Play?

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
PC Player am I right?
Console players will love upgraded ps3/360 graphics

totally forgot about consoles, you're right. bf3 remaster makes sense then, though i'd rather them make battlefield 6 a great game that includes all the best maps from bf3 and 4 (especially the naval strike maps which imo were the only good bf4 maps)

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Meh. Give me another Bad Company or 2142 game.

I enjoyed BF3 well enough, but I mostly just remember it as "the one where they started chasing Modern Warfare's coattails"

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Why would it be packed in with a new game? Useless.

I mean BF3 is my favorite BF and I'd love it to be more than just a remaster but to tie it with a new game? That'd be dumb, I'd just play the new game.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ugh. Really not excited at all about a Battlefield 3 remaster if true. I felt like Battlefield 4 was a very similar and yet far superior game. Seems like a questionable choice overall.

BFBC2 remaster, or even a Battlefield 2 remaster would be far more exciting.

DAHGAMING

Oct 26, 2017
If they launch together surly either the remaster or the new game will die ? There will be some that prefer the other game but overall 1 of them is going to get the big community.

vlaar

Banned
Sep 23, 2018
Oh man oh man oh man this is too good

EA will fuck it up somehow but oh man can't wait

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
I assume they would want to implement the BFV movement options into as well.
Yeah, hopefully it's more than a simple up-rez. BF3 was fantastic, but games that followed added some great stuff. E.g. the difference in player animation between BF3 and BF4 was really significant.

If they launch together surly either the remaster or the new game will die ? There will be some that prefer the other game but overall 1 of them is going to get the big community.
I expect to see this remaster this holiday season. elenarie (from DICE) made "eye emoji" when somebody said, that 2020 won't have any Battlefield game.