• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8112

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/7jbzkd/bayonetta_12_on_switch_only_in_720p/
http://m.filmweb.pl/news/Bayonetta+i+Bayonetta+2+na+Switcha+bez+1080p-126184
So, 720p60 in both games in both modes - tv and handheld.

That's the info we've got from our polish distributor of Nintendo - Conquest entertainment. If there are any journos from other countries who are in touch with Nintendo PR - can you verify this with your local contacts?

I wouldn't really take this as confirmation.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah no, the polish distributor of Nintendo isn't the source you want to get technical details from.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
From that reddit link:
I'd treat any info from this source like a complete rumor, considering the fact that nintendo doesn't even exist in Poland, and that conquest distributor is a third-party one. So there's still hope for 1080p60.

edit: although it's still possible it'll be 720p of course.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
720p/60fps sounds great on handheld mode, I loved wii u's version on 720p on tv too, maybe 60tps will be more consistent now with the added power of the switch.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This info is about as legit as some tea leaves, but regardless - this better be stable, locked 60.

Oct 31, 2017
if it's locked 60fps give me shit resolution i don't care, bayonetta has always performed rather unevenly on consoles so a steady framerate need to be a priority here

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Yeah no, the polish distributor of Nintendo isn't the source you want to get technical details.

Don't know why this made me laugh but it did, lol. And yes, you're absolutely right.

Also, I actually wouldn't mind 720p docked if the framerate was locked to a silky butter 60fps refresh, but I guess we'll see.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo
Unlikely that switch will have wii u like performance. Only possibility is low investment in optimization...

But that's a very untrustworthy source...

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
Not putting too much stock in this source but regardless of resolution, a locked 60fps would still be a big upgrade from the Wii U versions.

PolskiGamer17

Oct 27, 2017
Pfff, Nintendo having any relevance in Poland...lol.

(Seriously getting nintendo stuff is not easy in poland in local stores)

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Last time we got information from Nintendo Poland it was.....

...completely correct.

But this is not true as they say that only the two Bayonetta amiibo are supported, while Nintendo's site says that some Nintendo amiibo are supported to unlock costumes. Need to see the assets first.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Good performance and resolution in undocked mode is honestly all I care for.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
As long as the frame rate is solid I guess, I'd like 900p just so it is the definitive console port of bayonetta 1 but I'll be buying it anyway no matter the res.

Deleted member 62

This thread is kind of unfortunate.

A distributor like Conquest doesn't have information like resolution or game specifications yet. This is just based on what Nintendo of Europe has publicly revealed with additional uninformed speculation.

You could contact any other Nintendo distributor or even your local Nintendo CS, they'd also tell you they don't have such information.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like this trend of 720p games in docked mode.

But this isn't a definitive confirmation anyway.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That...doesn't seem...right...
Docked Switch is foh sho more powerful than base Wii-U... not even a boost to 900p?

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of if this is true or not, I'd be fine with 720, handheld and docked, as long as there's steady 60fps.

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it'd be an interesting discussion anyway, since it's the most "official" word we have on it.
You mean the discussion of "I don't trust the polish third party distributor that's not directly Nintendo", "I'm fine with it as long as it's solid 60fps", and "Expecting more than that will just make you disappointed"? Cause that's not interesting at all.

Kingpin722

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think there is cause for worry. Even if they released it at 720p, I'm pretty sure that they would release a patch to increase the resolution

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure the game will be 900p or something like that. If it's 720p in docked mode then that doesn't fare well at all for the undocked mode, which might have large slowdowns.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
There's no way it's 720p on both. With that other site claiming Doom was 60fps, people ought to trust official words, or Digital Foundry, who are even better than the official word.

I don't think there is cause for worry. Even if they released it at 720p, I'm pretty sure that they would release a patch to increase the resolution
How many games have had patches to up the resolution on Switch?

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not ideal, but no deal breaker either (if true). 60 FPS is a must and 720p/60 FPS undocked sounds perfect.

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
No way it's the same resolution both handheld and docked. That doesn't make any sense, unless they literally aren't enabling the higher docked clock speed. I can't imagine this game would be cpu limited...

Pif

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just don't want shit dropping to 500p in undocked mode.

Please.

Expecting at least 900p docked though.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's no way it's 720p on both. With that other site claiming Doom was 60fps, people ought to trust official words, or Digital Foundry, who are even better than the official word.

How many games have had patches to up the resolution on Switch?

Minecraft did. They did some extra optimisation and now that game runs near perfectly on Switch. Both docked and undocked.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would have to be a huge rush job for them to fuck up this port to perform just barely at what it was on the Wii-U

Status
Not open for further replies.