• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zephyrus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think we're just gonna have to agree to disagree since we do seem to just be going in circles. And as I said, the point is moot anyway given that the rumor has been debunked already. Though I still fail to see how the concept of wanting to see more females represented in a Dragon Ball game is apparently so alien and unbecoming.

At this point the best I can hope for is that they'll consider adding her as a DLC character down the line and that you hopefully won't be aghast at the concept. :P
The issue is not female representation. I'm all for Videl, Zangya, Caulifla or Kale (only if she's not in the berserker state).

The issue is the character being asked. Bulma or Launch or Mai are not fighters. They should not be in this kind of games when they've never fought once. Especially at the expense of characters who actually did stuff.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The issue is the character being asked. Bulma or Launch or Mai are not fighters. They should not be in this kind of games when they've never fought once. Especially at the expense of characters who actually did stuff.
What does it matter if a character is a fighter or not in a fighting game? It's one thing if you want FighterZ to be serious business in terms of its roster with no joke characters (but then the power level argument can come into play), but it's another to just say that characters who don't fight can't be part of a fighting game.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
The issue is not female representation. I'm all for Videl, Zangya, Caulifla or Kale (only if she's not in the berserker state).

Why does it matter that they never fought. What should matter is that they are fun and unique characters. And Arc Sys getting creative with Bulma as a gadget character, Launch playing sorta like Elphelt, Videl as a stand character with Saiyaman like Relius, Chi-Chi the way Arika did in Super DBZ all more interesting than more beams everywhere.

Thankfully the obvious upcoming characters also have potential. Gotenks' Kamikaze ghosts, Kid Buu's whacky fighing style in general.

Zephyrus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does it matter if a character is a fighter or not in a fighting game? It's one thing if you want FighterZ to be serious business in terms of its roster with no joke characters (but then the power level argument can come into play), but it's another to just say that characters who don't fight can't be part of a fighting game.
should be obvious considering this is a fighting game that pulls from the source material.

I'd rather get a character who has fought and has a cool moveset, like Dabura, than Bulma who hasn't done jack...

You're essentially trying to force on me a character who never once in the entire series, has performed any sort of martial arts while a fan favorite fighter with a cool moveset gets to stay behind.

Chi-Chi in super dragon ball was hated for the very same reason.

I'm aware I'm peddling my wares to the wrong crowd here. I just hoped people had a bit more common sense regarding the series that this game is adapting.

Yeah but we're already getting characters in the game that are completely new and have never been in the anime. A U6 Bulma variant is basically the same thing, right?
Android 21 hasn't been confirmed to be playable. And an U6 Bulma variant won't be Bulma in the same way that Frost isn't Freeza.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Zephyrus, you don't have to be a fighter to be in a fighting game. They can very easily design a movelist from her capsules, gun, mechs, vehicles etc.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
U6 Bulma is actually Emmy Rossum from Dragonball: Evolution.

Man, the deeper I dig this hole, the more I like it.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Mehh, sucks that the rumor is false. Would love to have her playable. She has been there since day 1 in the series.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Asking for Bulma from a different universe....you know that's not how it works in dragon ball right? If there was a fighter Bulma she would be from a different timeline not universe

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017

Future Mai holds her own against Goku Black. I think she'd be a fine addition to the game (although not expected).

Asking for Bulma from a different universe....you know that's not how it works in dragon ball right? If there was a fighter Bulma she would be from a different timeline not universe

Have you not seen Dragon Ball Super?

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Huh he's still right tho? There wouldn't be Bulma in U6. Just somebody like her. Kale and Broly aren't the same person.

She would have a different name, but it would still be Bulma. I also wouldn't put it past ASW to give you a special way to change the name to Bulma.

All she does is try and snipe him. I don't know if I'd call that "holding her own".

She did better than Trunks throughout most of that arc.

Igama

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, is it false? Damn. Would have been refreshing and the character greatly deserves it.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
She did better than Trunks throughout most of that arc.
No she didn't. Outside that snipe attempt she spends most of the arc "dead" or on the sidelines. Trunks was the one who actually held his own considering he had to fight off both Black and Zamasu alone while Goku and Vegeta retreated to the past to find a way to stop Zamasu.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
But what about Mr.Satan?

He can't control Ki, throw beams or fly (jetpack doesn't count) this roster won't be quirky like the budokai games which is what I think a lot were expecting.

It's hard to convey tone at times so people think both sides are trying to force their desires but going off Hiroki comments characters like Bulma, Launch, Chi-Chi, Satan won't be in.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they made a new female character to have a female fighter who can keep up while talking about Videl, Chichi, and Bulma in the same article plud the fact they again confirmed they won't be doing that shows they have no intention of adding in a character who can not fire ki blasts of doom and punch mountains.

So unless they are just yanking chains or merely just discussing base roster, its best to give up on Bulma, Videl, etc. Unfortunately it seems they are going for serious fighters. I know Yamcha is a joke, but he is still a more important fighter in the series. It sucks. They could easilly do it. But at the same time there are bigger fan favorites they should be putting in over such a character.

I know they game needs more female fighters, but the masses of casual fans wouldn't like quirky fighter Bulma getting in while some of their faves were shafted or could only get in as DLC regardless as awesome as ASW's gadget fighters ways are.

Then again, they could just be hiding such a character, but I would keep my expectations low to be less disappointed. The team seems to have this small dilusion of needing to keep the spirit and accuracy of the series as much ad possible

Which sucks because Mr Satan would be rad

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
No she didn't. Outside that snipe attempt she spends most of the arc "dead" or on the sidelines. Trunks was the one who actually held his own considering he had to fight off both Black and Zamasu alone while Goku and Vegeta retreated to the past to find a way to stop Zamasu.

Except when Trunks went back to the past and left Mai to fend for herself...

I'm not saying Mai was equal to Goku Black, but she did way more than any other powerless character.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
There's definitely a part of me that would like to see Future!Mai as someone who basically continues where Mamiya left off in HnK. Time will tell if Arc sees it the same way. I'd honestly rather see her than just another version of Future Trunks.

Edit: PlaystationEU twitter confirms this for good:
Bulma was mistakenly listed as a playable character in Dragon Ball FighterZ on our website. This was an error. Sorry for any confusion!
https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/925468939454382084

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
There's definitely a part of me that would like to see Future!Mai as someone who basically continues where Mamiya left off in HnK. Time will tell if Arc sees it the same way. I'd honestly rather see her than just another version of Future Trunks.

Edit: PlaystationEU twitter confirms this for good:

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/925468939454382084

An error... because we shouldn't've known yet? I'm going to keep holding out hope & be devastated when we get not-Saiyaman Gohan & yet another Buu tonight!

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
It's probably a mistake, why would Bulma be listed in between two villains and not Cell who was revealed alongside them?

this was my first reaction. I never thought she was coming like... ever... Cant recall any DBZ game I ever owned that had her. But there's like over 50 dbz games but my point is the ones I played never had her and shes definitely not a fighter in DBZ Super