• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
GWOmURjl.jpg

Stronger than a Super Saiyan tbh.

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
Why though? Id take Kale or Caulifla over Bulma... Can't even imagine how she would fight... I know SUPER Dragon Ball Z had Chichi playable, but we know she can fight, she trained Goten for a while.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I do want more female fighters in the game, but I want fighters that are actually... fighters. You've got Chi-Chi, Videl, Pan, Caulifla and Kale just off the top of my head.

ALSO

With all these side-characters making it in I'm gonna be proper irritated if his Lord Beerus doesn't make it in.

Isn't Chi Chi even much stronger than Bulma?
Chi-Chi is one of the strongest martial artists on the planet. At least at the end of DB.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
With all these side-characters making it in I'm gonna be proper irritated if his Lord Beerus doesn't make it in
This has probably already been said, but everyone in the roster (except 16, Yamcha, and Tien who were assists) were playable in the 3DS game Extreme Butoden. The remaining characters not in Fighterz but in Extreme Butoden are Beerus, Gotenks, Kid Buu, Adult Gohan, Raditz, Broly, and Bardock. He's pretty much a lock since it seems Arc is pulling most of the roster from that game.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a lot of people here actually never played an Arc System game before.

If you look at Teddie, Platinum or Faust, it's obvious that Bulma is the perfect fit for that type of gameplay.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Lunch would be great as a playable character. Lots of different strategies and moves between her normal and raging blonde mode...

Doubt even Toriyama remembers her these days tho lol

Oct 27, 2017
Launch was never a "Dragon Ball Z" character. She was in DBZ for that DB nostalgia, but despite her quirk, i don't think she belongs in the DBZ roster.

well, Bulma doesn't either, but here we are.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
Chichi and Videl make much more sense if they want a female DBZ characters. Bulma doesn't fight--her flying or doing any kicks/punches will look silly.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
If anything Bulma is the character most deserving of inclusion given that she's the one who's been there from the very beginning alongside Goku and remains relevant to this day. I'm all for this inclusion if true.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bulma is one character that's generally always around so her inclusion is valid, even if as a joke character. This is a game where Krillin can defeat Frieza, it doesn't have to make sense.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Bulma could be pretty interesting, though given the game's systems, I think she might end up being awkward if they let her teleport too. And while I might like Launch better, she doesn't really have as much to work with as Bulma does, who could bring in much more exotic weaponry that could conceivably hurt some of the Z fighters. If ArcSys takes a page from its Extreme Butoden game, it could have her use the gravity room that Dr. Briefs had as his assist.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chichi and Videl make much more sense if they want a female DBZ characters. Bulma doesn't fight--her flying or doing any kicks/punches will look silly.

Phoenix Wright is not a fighter too, yet he's in Marvel 3 and it's a blast to see him move / "fight". Same goes for Norimaro in Marvel vs Street Fighter.

It's fine if Chichi or Videl are the girls you'd like to see in DBZF, but let's not act like adding Bulma to the roster is a mistake.

It's clever, and it's totally expected, because Arc System.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Does she have any fighting ability whatsoever that would make this inclusion make any sense? I haven't seen anything post DBZ.

They could make her a gadgeteer character and have use guns and capsules.

Plus, come on guys, plenty of games had Mr. Satan playable, sure he's a fighter, but i bet a gadget equipped Bulma could beat him.

Revven

Oct 27, 2017
If Bulma was playable I would be very down with that but I'd still prefer someone like Launch.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do want more female fighters in the game, but I want fighters that are actually... fighters. You've got Chi-Chi, Videl, Pan, Caulifla and Kale just off the top of my head.

ALSO

With all these side-characters making it in I'm gonna be proper irritated if his Lord Beerus doesn't make it in.

Chi-Chi is one of the strongest martial artists on the planet. At least at the end of DB.
I mean all those other characters are going to just be punchy beamy character, or just punchy in the case of Videl and Chi-Chi. No thanks, this game is not lacking in that department.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix Wright is not a fighter too, yet he's in Marvel 3 and it's a blast to see him move / "fight". Same goes for Norimaro in Marvel vs Street Fighter.

It's fine if Chichi or Videl are the girls you'd like to see in DBZF, but let's not act like adding Bulma to the roster is a mistake.

It's clever, and it's totally expected, because Arc System.
I am not sure what MvC has to do with this. To me, Bulma makes zero sense to be in this game, regardless of how nonsensical other games are.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
So how do you justify characters like Yamcha beating ResF Frieza?
We sure are taking pretty big leaps in logic.

I accept that DBZ games need to have throw away characters compete with characters much stronger, otherwise you'll have a roster of Goku, Vegeta, and the latest villain. I just think it's silly to have characters that don't fight or do anything over characters which do.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
She'd be an interesting choice. Not like DB has a wealth of great female fighters to choose from, sadly.

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
Bulma in a mech, Tron Bonne style would be great.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I'd hoped we'd get Bulma, but I never actually expected it. I hope this isn't a misunderstanding.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be down for it, but I consider it just a marketing fuck up considering they misspelled "Buu".

Part of my wants this to be true though. Bulma being playable instead of Hit or Black in the initial roster would lead to a lot of funny breakdowns.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I accept that DBZ games need to have throw away characters compete with characters much stronger, otherwise you'll have a roster of Goku, Vegeta, and the latest villain. I just think it's silly to have characters that don't fight or do anything over characters which do.

I guess I just don't get why it's such a hang up for some people. It's a silly fighting game where a team consisting of Yamcha,Tien, and Krilling can beat Frieza,Cell, and Buu. I don't see the harm in adding a fighter like Bulma who would surely have a very unique move set and gives us some much needed female representation.

Plus this means we can have a Vegeta family team. Add Chi-Chi next and we can get Family Feud Dragon Ball edition.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017

Not necessarily. It's an original story, characters who have no reason to fight or can't because of strength might be able to here. I mean, they have to justify Nappa/Ginyu being in the game. Yamcha, Krillin, and Tien might not be all that strong but contribute none the less, but Nappa and Ginyu are long gone in DB.

Shig

Oct 30, 2017
Better be the endearing Dragonball-era Bulma rather than the nagging angular frump that DBZ-era Bulma became.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I just don't get why it's such a hang up for some people. It's a silly fighting game where a team consisting of Yamcha,Tien, and Krilling can beat Frieza,Cell, and Buu. I don't see the harm in adding a fighter like Bulma who would surely have a very unique move set and gives us some much needed female representation.

Plus this means we can have a Vegeta family team. Add Chi-Chi next and we can get Family Feud Dragon Ball edition.
Calling it such a hang up is a bit of a misnomer in my case. I just see this and go "there are a dozen other characters I'd rather see. Oh well." If a lot of people are really happy to see her, that's great. It's just my preference to have others.
Not necessarily. It's an original story, characters who have no reason to fight or can't because of strength might be able to here. I mean, they have to justify Nappa/Ginyu being in the game. Yamcha, Krillin, and Tien might not be all that strong but contribute none the less, but Nappa and Ginyu are long gone in DB.
The leap in logic was assuming that because I think including non-fighters does not make sense in a DBZ game means I should also think including a weak fighter does not make sense in a DBZ game. As I said, I accept weaker characters for the sake of roster variety. I just think there are far better options than Bulma which both make sense in the universe and offer female representation. But again, it's really not a big deal.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's "Buu" in the game. Even if it's interchangeable like Freeza and Frieza, it seems odd to go with the spelling not used in the game.
Oh right, yeah i agree then, it's strange.

Edit : Well, they cleared it up. Rip Bulma. Time to believe again for Launch :x

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
pretty sure bulma was supposed to be in budokai 2 right?

*EDIT* i meant 3
Unless there's a statement from the developers that confirms this, I don't think that's true

The model and animations found are fully used in the tutorial and if a game like BT3 didn't feature her in the roster, I can't see how she could have landed on a smaller and focused roster