• The site will be down for scheduled maintenance this Friday the 24th at 2AM PST / 5AM EST / 9AM UTC while we perform a software update. We expect this process to take up to 5 hours. Thank you for your understanding and patience. New features will be included.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

RUMOR: Burnout Paradise Remastered (PS4 / Xbone) Listed on Brazilian Online Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to a blog, it seems that Burnout Paradise Remastered has been spotted for the Xbox One and the PS4.

The release date is March 1st 2018, which sounds like a placeholder?

Considering there is no official word from EA or Criterion, let's see where this leads? AFAIK, EA isn't fond of remasters or HD remakes else they're missing a gold mine with plenty of amazing titles on the PS3 / Xbox 360 that can easily be HD remade.

I searched and didn't find a duplicate thread, or if I missed it, please correct me.

Takedown if old.

Nov 2, 2017
Already got the Xbox 360 version on Xbox One and the PS3 version with the Big Surf Island DLC

Still might triple dip...

Would *love* a Switch version, sorry to be that guy.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why but I read this as a Burnout collection lol :(. Already have Burnout Paradise because of GWG and Backwards Compat., but for fans of HD remakes and PS4 fans, they'll enjoy this.

Oct 27, 2017
I've not been one for HD remakes thus far but a shiny Burnout Paridise would be enough to tempt me into a purchase. It's still better than any other open world driving game that has come since. I hope it comes with the DLC. I never got to play on the new island. Bikes were cool as well. Could they get the plane to work now?

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I have the game on PC, so a remaster of Paradise isn't a big deal for me. I would, however, love to see the Takedown or Paradise.

Oct 27, 2017
Never liked Paradise. I'd rather they remaster 2, that was the pinnacle of the series to me. Takedowns were a cool bit of emergent gameplay to me, Burnout's strength was always the crazy racing through traffic and chaining and later releases lost that purity.

Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
It's good to remember that Brazil doesn't officially get Switch games. I don't think Burnout is coming but we can't rule it out completely yet.

Oct 25, 2017
True. I think both are equally great, but the cheerful tone of Takedown feels a bit better than the gritty one used in Revenge.
But you could also rear-end cars in Revenge, worth the trade off lol
(No really though both are pretty much equal to me in quality though)

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
It's strange if true since EA said some years ago that they didn't want to make remasters. Either way, I loved Burnout when more younger so if it's true, I'm probably going to buy this. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.