• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Burnout Paradise is my favourite driving game ever and one of the best games ever made. If it came to Switch it would be one of the landmark releases of the year for me. So pleeeaaaase.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
please please please please please please please please please please

I know it's probably fake but

please please please please please please please please please pleeeeeeeeeease

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
Does this mean PC can get the DLC map expansion and cars without having to deal with endless nonsense

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Definitely would buy this provided it's a decent upgrade.

I still don't know why the heck EA burned this franchise down.

They made a newer one and took out the amazing crashes/physics that the series was known for and it was like no one on the dev team thought maybe that was the wrong move?

I'd love to see a new open world style Burnout game with the physics and crashes that the series is known for.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
Don't need to sound ungrateful about a rumored game, but it's EA! Give me Revenge! The only reason I keep my 360 hooked up is to play this game, and I still play it occasionally!

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
I love the game to death, bought it 3 times already and finished it twice to 101%.

But the PC version been working like a charm and been optimized in heaven since day one. It's running on any config now.

I don't know what they could add to make the offer more appealing. All DLC for starter.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Paradise literally made all the other burnouts obsolete. It was the most complete packaged racer last gen. It was clearly a labor of love for Criterion at the time and it showed.

One of the few games that COULD get me to double dip (although I won't as it goes against my number 2 rule with games).

Oct 25, 2017
I never really got on with Paradise, although Takedown and Revenge were great fun.
jake-no.gif

Paradise cut out too much of what I loved about 3 and Revenge. and the open track racing really diminished the level design. it was fun, but it pales in comparison to its predecessors
Glad I'm not the only one. Paradise was good, but I rather have Revenge/Takedown.

WorldofMiku

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't bought an EA game for 5 years. Boycotted them.

If this gets announced...I may have to stop boycotting EA and get this game. Burnout Paradise introduced me to the Burnout series and I loved it. Too bad Paradise is currently the last BIG Burnout game.

However if I EVER see EA add loot crates...

WorldofMiku

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cant wait to drive around Paradise City listening to Girlfriend and Paradise City songs again....

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Let's go! Hopefully this is a litmus test to see if a new burnout is financially viable or not. Takedown, revenge and paradise was the pinnacle of arcade racing for me.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Paradise was fantastic, I'd love a remastered version. The game was already good fun when it was released (and before that in the online demo which was fantastic), and they continued to support it adding so much content like day/night cycles, motorbikes and new islands. Never bothered with the previous Burnout games but I'd be all over this in a heartbeat if it was true.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
My least favourite Burnout by a mile and I already have a perfectly good version on Xbox 1X that could be further enhanced.

So this rumour is probably true.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is a thing I'd love to happen, but I'm fairly confident isn't happening. The rumour originates from a retail listing, which is very unreliable, and would be EA's first remaster this generation (and I can't think of any previous remasters). And, quite frankly, in terms of how many copies a remaster would sell, Burnout anything would be well behind a Mass Effect or Dead Space trilogy remaster. So, yeah. Super dubious about this happening.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On a scale of 1-10, 1 being "Complete bullshit" and 10 being "Press release in hand," how likely is this to be real?
We got the same information from two different and somewhat independent sources, but the most reliable one deleted the remaster info from its site today.... so I guess around 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.