• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
charlieintel.com

RUMOR: Call of Duty 2020 connected to Black Ops universe - Charlie INTEL

A new rumor from TheGamingRevolution claims that the 2020 Call of Duty game will not actually be a Black Ops game anymore, even if many rumors have

"A new rumor from TheGamingRevolution claims that the 2020 Call of Duty game will not actually be a Black Ops game anymore, even if many rumors have suggested that over the last year.

The new video, posted by TGR, has stated that the game will encompass the Cold War era, and possible touch on the Vietnam War."

www.youtube.com

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Leaked Info/Rumors (New COD 2020 / Call of Duty 2020 Leaks/Rumours)

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Leaked Info/Rumors (New COD 2020 / Call of Duty 2020 Leaks/Rumours)BECOME A MEMBER OF THE CHANNEL TODAY AND HELP SUPPORT ME! ...

VoltySquirrel

Oct 25, 2017
I mean not calling it Black Ops doesn't mean it's not a Black Ops game when it's in the Black Ops universe and is being led by Treyarch, developers of Black Ops.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
OPS NOIR

A BRAND NEW FUTURISTIC INVESTIGATIVE ADVENTURE TO FIND WOODS' COLOSTOMY BAG

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this is because the Black Ops branding implies near future tech (considering only the first one that didn't have near future tech is 10 years old by the time this one comes out). An entire generation has grown up with the notion Black Ops = Near future tech.

Might be nice to have a different brand that plays out during the cold war.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

More like

CoD Black Ops
1515218-200.png

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Tiny brain: Black Ops 5
Galaxy brain: World at War 6

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly hate all the Treyarch CoD games so I'm not interested in this. But I'm worried next gen hype will get me.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't shake the feeling this game is not gonna turn out well. Modern Warfare 2019 has been great so far so the thought of Activation pooping out another sub-par CoD instead of supporting last year's game long is disheartening.

I really wish CoD released every other year instead

I honestly hate all the Treyarch CoD games so I'm not interested in this. But I'm worried next gen hype will get me.
This game will be as "next-gen" as Ghosts was when that came out. I'm only expecting higher/more consistent resolutions, higher frame rates (120fps), higher res textures, and faster loading times.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Hopefully the multiplayer will be better than MW 2019, which wouldn't be a tough hurdle for them to overcome from my perspective. Yuck.

Honestly I feel like this game is going to be in rough shape regardless of design decisions, just due to the timeline Treyarch have (supposedly) been working with.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I feel like this game is going to be in rough shape regardless of design decisions, just due to the timeline Treyarch have (supposedly) been working with.

Same :/. Wasn't there a rumor COD 2020 was getting pushed back, because of the intense timeline (Treyarch getting pushed up a whole year), COVID-19, and the success of Warzone and MW2019?

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Same :/. Wasn't there a rumor COD 2020 was getting pushed back, because of the intense timeline (Treyarch getting pushed up a whole year), COVID-19, and the success of Warzone and MW2019?

As far as I understand (based on rumors), CoD 2020 may end up being pushed back by a month or so. The plan is apparently for Sledgehammer to release a f2p CoD in 2021, and Activision want 2020 out before the holidays.

If the rumors are to be believed.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I can't shake the feeling this game is not gonna turn out well. Modern Warfare 2019 has been great so far so the thought of Activation pooping out another sub-par CoD instead of supporting last year's game long is disheartening.
They're not just giving up on Modern Warfare any day now. That game will be supported through the rest of this year at minimum.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
As far as I understand (based on rumors), CoD 2020 may end up being pushed back by a month or so. The plan is apparently for Sledgehammer to release a f2p CoD in 2021, and Activision want 2020 out before the holidays.

If the rumors are to be believed.

Ah okay.

Any idea what engine these games will be running on? From what I understood, with the old CoD games, each developer had their own branch of the CoD Engine and didn't really share assets.

With the new CoDs, any idea if they will be running on Infinity Ward's new Call of Duty Engine?

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Ah okay.

Any idea what engine these games will be running on? From what I understood, with the old CoD games, each developer had their own branch of the CoD Engine and didn't really share assets.

With the new CoDs, any idea if they will be running on Infinity Ward's new Call of Duty Engine?

I think TGR has said that all games will be using the new engine moving forward. Which is good news. I may hate MW as a game, but the new engine is super slick. I think they want to keep offering the larger scale modes moving forward, which the new engine is obviously super capable of handling really well.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Honestly with so many ups and down on the series as a whole, I feel they are better off making a service. I would rather play Moderna warfare 2019 with better maps.

The guns, graphics, recoil and warzone make is one of the best call of duty's in years.

I think having 3 studios making different call of duties is fine, but not all of them seem to be on the same page in terms of polish. And what we've heard with studio leads leaving sledgehammer, and having Trearch come in and try to put a Black ops type game together without a campaign in short amount of time is kind of a telling point.

Series should become a service where you can choose the games you want and the ones you don't. Similar to streaming service tiered pricing.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Ah okay.

IW said that all future COD games will be running on their new engine for MW.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Honestly with so many ups and down on the series as a whole, I feel they are better off making a service. I would rather play Moderna warfare 2019 with better maps.

The guns, graphics, recoil and warzone make is one of the best call of duty's in years.

I think having 3 studios making different call of duties is fine, but not all of them seem to be on the same page in terms of polish. And what we've heard with studio leads leaving sledgehammer, and having Trearch come in and try to put a Black ops type game together without a campaign in short amount of time is kind of a telling point.

Series should become a service where you can choose the games you want and the ones you don't. Similar to streaming service tiered pricing.

As someone who hates MW MP, I really hope they don't just stick with the one game and call it a day. I'd rather they rotate on a two year cycle and hopefully give those of us wanting a more arcade style shooter something to play again, and possibly rotate with the slower style. I'm not sure how well giving the games extra years of support would look for their bottom line though. It's weird to keep cycling a BR every year though, and honestly Warzone IS good enough that they could easily keep supporting it moving forward.

Frankly the multiplayer should have been made f2p a while ago. They won't get that huge quarterly revenue spike though.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
What does the "Black Ops universe" mean at this point? I thought 3 and 4 didn't have any tie-in to the storyline from 1 and 2.
The third game is set in the same world as the earlier ones, just far into the future. The fourth, despite having barely any story to it, takes place between two and three.