• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Call of Duty Vanguard is no stranger to an occasional leak, but the latest unofficial reveal of upcoming content may be the biggest one yet. Thanks to the renowned Call of Duty leaker ZestyCODLeaks, fans now have a solid idea of what COD: Vanguard Season 2 may have in store for its players, with the most important reveal being that of a large-scale mode similar to Modern Warfare's Ground War.

The only real suggestion of a large-scale game mode is the fact that the upcoming map seems to be substantially larger than any of the existing Call of Duty: Vanguard maps. As for the three new characters, these are Anna, Gustavo, and Thomas. More important for gameplay purposes, however, is the weapons. These seem to be the Colt-Browning M1895 "Potato Digger" LMG, the Knorr Bremse MG35, and the Armaguerra OG-43 submachine gun.

Call of Duty: Vanguard's Season 2 content is set to launch on February 14, and the leaked promotional images seem reasonably well-produced and in line with existing Vanguard materials of this type. Not only were they first made available via reliable Call of Duty leakers, but their original uploads have also since been taken down with DMCA warnings. This all lends credence to the leak's validity.
BrtoDMb.jpg

1zPMAEY.jpg

Take with a pinch of salt or course. But if they're introducing tanks like the above image suggests, then I hope it's 64 players.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
As long as the TTK is as comical as it is, I'll continue to steer clear of Vanguard.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
It's hard to judge the scale based on the above screenshots, but would be nice if it was a bit of a slower game mode. Ground War, the last time I played it, played too much like a larger scale Domination. Was hoping for more of a Conquest-like feeling instead, but unfortunately it was not that. Hopefully they are moving in that direction with this iteration.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
If they're adding Ground War, I really hope that means they're adding Outbreak for Zombies as well, given that that used the Fireteam / Ground War maps from Cold War.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
when cod starts pulling off a better Battlefield mode than Battlefield..truly dark times for us BF fans
sadge-png.png

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
It's hard to judge the scale based on the above screenshots, but would be nice if it was a bit of a slower game mode. Ground War, the last time I played it, played too much like a larger scale Domination. Was hoping for more of a Conquest-like feeling instead, but unfortunately it was not that. Hopefully they are moving in that direction with this iteration.

Also hope there's a lot more paths. That first Ground War map from MW had that bridge between two buildings that was just popping off all the time because the outside was littered with tanks and snipers.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Unless the do something drastic to Ground War from MW19, it never works with the COD combat loop.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Call of Duty could probably do a better 'Big Team Battle' mode than Modern Warfare's attempt at doing something Battlefield scale.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I've been really enjoying vanguard(way more than mw2019 and cold war).

Whatever this is I hope there's a blitz pacing variant.

g23

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah! I think this is what will make me cop this game. Something akin to war mode from WWII but larger scale.