• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Apparently it's from a GameStop email. For comparison, Crash 1 has 26 levels, Crash 2 has 27 and Crash 3 32 (all of this without counting bossfights, which aren't really "levels").

If true, that's a lot of levels and I hope it doesn't overstay its welcome.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
WHAT! I don't mind there being lots of levels, as long as the quality is there. We'll see.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
That can't mean what it implies, that's...

I mean I like content, but I'd take 30 well crafted levels as opposed to 100 weaksauce ones

Serious doubt around the odds of 100 well crafted levels

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if that means the levels will be more bite-sized, like side-scrolling Mario stages? I'd be cool with that. By comparison, games like Tropical Freeze and Rayman Origins had like 60 or so levels, many of them IIRC being quite long. I loved those games, but it took me quite a long time (and I had to take some breaks) to go through them.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming Coco, Crash, and Cortez probably have their own dedicated levels that you can only use them in like Warped which probably adds to the level count too. Either way, I was buying no matter what.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the quality is consistent then, but jeez that's more levels than the original 3 combined.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure that's a misleading number, they probably counting "time trials" versions of levels as different levels for example, remember them using the exact same marketing for the trilogy which is not exactly true

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I hope they're tightly designed. If not, I'd prefer to have fewer levels that are all (or almost all) very good and still pay 60 euros for it.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Pretty sure that's a misleading number, they probably counting "time trials" versions of levels as different levels for example, remember them using the exact same marketing for the trilogy which is not exactly true
Nah, for NST they counted bosses to get to the 100+ mark. Even if this 100+ is counting bosses, that's still like 80 levels on the game.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, after the "it's too expensive" crowd we will get the "game is too long" one too.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
New Super Mario Bros. U has 82 levels.
Super Mario 3D World has 93 levels.

100 levels in a platformer might be high for a Crash game, but it's not crazy high for a platformer in general.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Nsane Trilogy I was surprised by how much shorter the original Crash games were than I remembered, so I'm not surprised they might increase the number of levels for this one by a lot. I don't think a game like this that you can complete on a casual playthrough in just a handful of hours would really fly these days.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind getting 5min levels. That's a solid 8-9 hour game right there.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Noooo you cant charge 60 for a platformer!

Noooo you cant add a lot of content to your platformer!

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
People worrying about quality like it's hard to make a platformer that is both good and more than 3 hours long

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
someone is going to calculate how much each type of level is worth and still deduce that the $60 is not worth it

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, for NST they counted bosses to get to the 100+ mark. Even if this 100+ is counting bosses, that's still like 80 levels on the game.
Can still be misleading here, nothing stopping them, the same way you can claim there is 120 stars as levels in mario 64 while the actual stages is like 15 or so , no way it will be +80 full-fledged stages, otherwise they would say so in the first interviews