• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
If I recall correctly, didn't most cross-gen titles run like hot trash on X360 and PS3?

I do have a question for people here. Would you buy this game on PS4 or Xbox One if it ran at 720p-30fps (stable) ?

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Xbox one OG was struggling to even have games at 1080 P, I can't imagine running cyberpunk

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
This is what I got out of this, either that or another small delay.
Yeah, my wild guess here is that they want to have the game reviewed on the new consoles, so they're moving it to september so it can be a launch game while also delivering something that is as good as they can do it on the old consoles.

Question is, why move it now? Was one of the consoles originally planned to launch in april but got moved forward? hmmm

Last edited:

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
At very least CP2077 should be a a launch title for PS5/XSX so there is one compelling game even if launch line up sucks.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I don't believe that's the main reason. They already knew how powerful the consoles are before starting to work in the game.
That doesn't mean that they can't be overly ambitious. Hell, Witcher 3's performance on consoles wasn't anything to write home about and this game not only looks better than that, it is more complex overall based on what they've said. It's time for new hardware as the current run is struggling.

Rolodzeo

Nov 10, 2017
Spain, EU
Obviously they'd have difficulties getting the game to run properly on base consoles, game looks like it will melt cpus. However, delaying the game a few months for this reason having started development some many years ago targeting current gen is a bit weird to me, I'm sure more factors are to blame here.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Just put out streaming versions on current-gen consoles. Like RE7 on Switch.
Base console performance on this is going to be horrible. It took them a long time to solve Witcher 3s performance issues and that was way less ambitious.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A few lessons from this unfortunate scenario...

• Next-gen consoles can't come soon enough.
  • CDPR should really announce for next gen already, or at least soft-confirm it, the game looked like a next gen title in scope. I mean, of course it's coming. Instead they are just leaving the idea in the wind. I hope they aren't trying to do a Rock Star style double-dip. Internally, collectively they must know it's too late and too close to try that.
  • Base model Xbox and PS4 really should be treated like 7-8 year old machines at this point. Still have one? You are going to have a bad time with some titles. Imagine having a 7 year old phone. But unfortunately, MS/Sony continue to sell that crap to this day. If they had phased them out a bit, and had just made the pro machines their go-to item the last year or so, at least a lsser percentage of people would be having a bad time with Cyberpunk and the like.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
When you're a PC player and don't have to worry about current gen consoles.

tenor.gif
xD

but right now, they are that homeless cousin that refuses to get help. we're stuck with them for like another year.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe that's the main reason. They already knew how powerful the consoles are before starting to work in the game.

It wouldn't be the first time something like this happened. Dying Light was originally announced for the PS3/360 along with current-gen consoles. They eventually had to drop the last-gen versions because they just couldn't get it to run properly. Now i'm not saying that they're going to drop the current-gen versions of Cyberpunk. But it illustrates how the design of a last-gen game can start to outpace what's possible on current-gen platforms. And with Cyberpunk, they've never shown the game running on anything but high-end PC's.

Last edited:

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was always going to wait to play this until next gen anyway..

That it will perform bad on current gen with the jaguar cores - is kind of a no brainer

So regardless if this is rumor is true or not I am sure performance on current gen will be.. shit

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly i don't want to know how games like Cyberpunk and Dying Light 2 run on base consoles. There is a reason why all we have seen from both of these was running on PC. Next-gen consoles should come out like yesterday.

EffettoNotte

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 17, 2019
This makes no sense. Consoles have been around since the beginning of the development, and NOW they discover that they aren't powerful enough to run the game properly? Rotfl

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Which makes it even more weird the game does not utilize the power of PS5 and Series X. I mean, what's up with that? Just scale it up as if it were PC's.

You do realise you would play a totally different game when Cyberpunk was developed for PC alone, don't you? In one way or another, the game is held back, no matter how powerful your PC is.

Games will never be developed for only the best gaming rigs in mind, because then they would sell 100.000 copies max.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
A rumor about third party game proves something about first party games?
What's the difference between first and third party games when first party games are also aiming multiple platforms? It just shows that ambitious games like Cyberpunk are particularly difficult to develop for base Xbox One. And Cyberpunk's development started with the current generation in mind to begin with. If MS publishes a game of Cyberpunk's complexity to all platforms then you'll have a point.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Games will never be developed for only the best gaming rigs in mind, because then they would sell 100.000 copies max.

Exactly. That's why it's a stupid take to say that PC players don't have to worry about current gen consoles. If there's one group that has to worry about current gen consoles, it's PC owners and later this year next gen console owners. There's a reason the first Crysis still looks better than some games today.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This makes no sense. Consoles have been around since the beginning of the development, and NOW they discover that they aren't powerful enough to run the game properly? Rotfl

If Boskee is to be believed then this has more to do with the platform holders not approving than CDPR. Besides that, none of the games I have worked on have actively been pushing for a good a experience on all platforms during development, that usually happens at the very end of development, when you know that you aren't adding more features and no more targets needs to be reached. If the game ran on all platforms during most of development at all, that'd be considered a win.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that pisses me off is that the end product will end up being gimped just to satisfy the need to make it run on the base consoles

GinoFelino

Oct 27, 2017
I think MS was only talking about their own self published games
Yeah, but like I said earlier in the thread, it's a good example of how games of Cyberpunk's scope and ambition will be kneecapped by holding onto hardware that wasn't even able to hit 1080p on most games back when it came out.

Also, if a game in development during most of this generation is struggling to run on it, imagine how much you'll have to hold back games designed with the next generation in mind.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Given how badly Witcher 3 used to run on base PS4 at some point, it wouldn't surprise me too much.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people were voicing concerns about the game running on last gen hardware after the reveal.

I don't think it's a coincidence the two titles this year looking to make a sizeable leap in terms of reactivity, detail, and the scope of player freedom & choice have both been delayed(Dying Light 2 being the other).

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
No shit. I have no desire to touch this game on current gen, especially after the delay. I just hope they are bringing their day 1 patch for next gen launch

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Called it since a long time, so I am not really surprised.
I think people needs to be prepared for an eventual other delay. No matter what, the result we probably be really bad.
That's what you get when PC is your lead platform and you try to squeeze it in potato actual gen.

Bgamer90

Oct 27, 2017
It would be really interesting if this is the first ever current gen game to not release on the base consoles. Wonder how people would react.

I can't ever see this happening thanks to the huge user base of the base consoles. Issues that are blatant to us more than likely won't be major to the regular audience as long as the game is playable. I wouldn't be surprised to see resolutions under 900p on the base consoles.

But I thought scaling games is easy just slide left and right

Not sure I understand this. There have been games that have ran poorly on the original PS4 and Xbox One ever since the systems were released. If anything a game like Cyberpunk would show the power & benefits of the new consoles instead of the opposite, and were statements like this made due to the fear of the opposite in the first place?

GreenEarth

alt account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
I thought that developers could easy as pie just scale everything down, no problems. Isn't that what the defenders of Xbox no nextgen exclusives policy have been saying?

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
Welp, they could release it on PC first, right?

And then on consoles, when they figure out how to make it work on base Xbox One.

Just giving ideas.

:P