• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
What? Where is that?

In the last paragraph

gm-5dcb861a-8539-4cdc-9cb2-4628fe9c0fd8-cp-discord.jpg

butterbutt!

Oct 27, 2017
Whether or not this delay was caused by performance problems I will be shocked if they don't exist. You can't expect the moon from 7 year old machines that were 400 USD when they came out.

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
I don't believe it at all, CD Project is a big and talented team, they released The Witcher 3 on these console already and also had to scale it back from their initial intentions, so they knew very well their limitations when they started the development of Cyberpunk

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
Well, MS first party game doesn't need to deal with any Sony's console, pretty big difference actually.
Btw i don't see this rumor being a rumor anymore since i just check the report and that person said there will be Sony exclusive witcher game? lol wat.
This rumour specifically mentions base Xbox as the culprit. Also, I don't see how the base PS4 can be a bottleneck when developing for consoles since it's in all regards stronger than base Xbox. I don't see how developing for base Xbox, XBOX One X, Xbox Series X and PC requires significantly less work than also adding PS4.

Radogol

Nov 9, 2017
Since I'm being ignored, I will also say that Telltale Witcher was very nearly a thing back when The Witcher 3 was being developed. Nothing came out of it but the talks were quite advanced.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
So, presumably, the thought process is if they wait for next gen consoles then they can get away with releasing current gen (last gen!) versions that look like **** in order to hit 25+fps.
But if they release in April there's no way console gamers will forgive such an extreme downgrade.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
You do when the pc version is also delayed due to consoles. If they have to strip a feature across the board because consoles can't handle it, it also effects you.
Should have phrased it better gonna edit the post, I was strictly talking about performance and those that were worried about current gen versions of the game.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is going to run poorly on current gen systems, isn't it? Lol.

Hopefully the PS4 Pro and One X versions run well at least, but I'm not holding my breath.

Most likely the CPU is the primary thing holding performance back (visuals are easier to scale down), and Pro/X have the same one just clocked a little higher, so it doesn't look promising.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
If this is true (which could be possible, with how old the base consoles are now) I guess it would show how scaling games doesn't always work to support old hardware, when the game is more ambitious.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is kind of funny considering the game was in the making since before this generation even launched.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
said this in the Canadian Deals OT

I'm holding off buying anymore new PS4 games besides FFVII remake. allows me to put a big dent in my backlog and avoids cross-gen shenanigans like this

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just wish they would cancel it and move it to next gen but i cant imagine the loss of money and other complications that would bring.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
Go tell people that keep saying it's due to CPU.
You mean the minuscule difference in clock speeds between Xbox One and PS4? This rumour specifically mentions Xbox so it's not a CPU thing.

In any case, this isn't about Xbox vs PS. It's just an indication that it might be extremely difficult to scale very ambitious games down to the current generation which is sth that many people don't want to admit. Only when I see MS giving us sth on the scale of Cyberpunk (meaning overall world complexity and interactions) on ALL Xbox platforms I'll accept that.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
It's a shame that a game with such amazing potential is stuck halfway between this gen and next-gen.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised, I'm expecting current gen to run like arse still, it's why I'm waiting to see if I should wait for next gen/if I get a good PC.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
WOW

This is actually great news though I have a hard time imagining that they would actually ditch the previous gen versions

I mean Witcher 3 is on switch... Are they taking the extra time to both polish up a next gen version as well as optimize a previous gen????

I suppose they can afford to do this but talk about your cross gen development hell hole. I would almost prefer they be next gen exclusive but thats just me

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they can figure something out but I'd consider dropping XBO. Not sure if MS allow an XBX only game. They could just delay one version, release the other versions and scrap it later if need be once the new consoles are here and XBX drops in price.

This game has always felt like a long way off so I'm not bothered if it gets delayed. Obviously CDP have a lot of money invested and users to consider.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
My intial reaction was "I doubt this", but thinking about it it doesn't seem implausible. If they need 5 more months of crunch to even finish production of the game, there has to be something seriously lacking/wrong with it in it's current state.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Already wasn't gonna compromise my experience on these old ass consoles. Definitely waiting to play on Series X.

Azerach

Oct 29, 2017
And that's why you don't do low spec console SKUs like the original xbox one, hopefully MS is listening with their Lockhart plans.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe CDPR should've handed off the PS4/XBO ports to Saber or someone while they just focused on PC?

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Man Lockhart in 2026 is going to be real struggle city. At least original Xbone was a decent enough upgrade over PS360.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
Honestly I've always thought it was pretty obvious that the real version of this game will be on the next gen consoles.
I think we would've had flying cars to drive if it wasn't for current-gen consoles. Probably impossible to do with the jaguar CPU's. I really wanted to fly a car :/
Lets hope they don't have to downgrade the game even more now.