• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
oh shit i'm hype

i hope this will include passworded summoning without level restrictions so i can play with my boys

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
Am I a bad person for doubting Vaati? I love the guy, but this reads so... odd

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Hoooooo buddy.

Want this even more now, Dark 3 engine means we might get Dark 3 combat system.

Also, rip to the red team that thought they were gonna easily gank noobs because this being a remake likely means you get From's "modern" approach to invaders (aka we don't care if you die).

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
So it's less of a remaster and more of a porting the game to a new engine with newer tech sensibilities.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
Yeah so if they make gameplay changes I'll still play it but it's not the same game, many people love DkS because of its differences. Zero interest in any DkS3 combat/gameplay systems, especially if it'll erase the usefulness of armour and builds for example just like how armour is useless in DkS3.

OP
OP
R.T Straker

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't trust Vaati of all people.

Also it seems pretty unlikely that the game has any significant changes to combat. They would have announced these in the PR statement.

Also, please no combat changes, man. Other than maybe 8-diagonal movement.

I like my poise the way it is in Dark Souls 1, thank you very much.

This info was posted by Fextralife which were most likely send PR info to share along with the promo covers for the game. They are also a reliable source when it comes to everything Souls related.

KHlover

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hoooooo buddy.

Also, rip to the red team that thought they were gonna easily gank noobs because this being a remake likely means you get From's "modern" approach to invaders (aka we don't care if you die).

I hope they add Tree of Giant Seeds to the remake. Imagine popping those in Blighttown or Duke's Archives :D

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, I'm looking forward to Capyr Demon to slap me just as my walking through fog animation is done.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
Hoooooo buddy.

Pls, don't

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Please don't speed up the combat, add in long enemy combos, change poise, and change rolling and weight restrictions. DS1's gameplay and combat is fine as it is, there's no need to add in bloodborne/ds3 combat changes.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just fix up the hit boxes and some of the animations and we good. DO NOT make it speedy like DS3

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
  • This is a REMAKE of the game using Dark Souls 3's engine. Expect Combat differences.
Oh no.
I hated DS3's quick, weightless combat.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
This info was posted by Fextralife which were most likely send PR info to share along with the promo covers for the game. They are also a reliable source when it comes to everything Souls related.

They have the same PR info as everyone else, but they're the only ones claiming full remake for now.

They're reliable in current content of released Souls games, not as insiders.

Mind you not saying it's true or false, but I wouldn't claim as if it's something confirmed.

treemonkeys

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I actually like poise better in DS3, I know it's a not a popular opinion. Still I hope they don't change anything for combat in DS1 since I can already play DS3 (I don't want it to just be DS3 with DS1 scenery). The one change I would like to see is limiting weapon upgrades for invasions like DS3.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Combat differences mhm. I don't want a faster Dark Souls 1. Still, too early to panic though.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Hoooooo buddy.

Yep.

DS3's quicker combat style might make DS remake a little easier to play.

Im all for it since i was never able to finish DS1.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
guys there's no reason to assume that this being on the DS3 engine means this will just use DS3's combat mechanics wholesale

there will probably be minute differences with the original game, but assuming they won't even attempt to make it resemble the original is a big conclusion to jump to

Kinopio

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to play this on Switch, but I'll have to go with the PS4 version after this news.

Wait, will it be 60 FPS on Switch or not?

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
Game will be a lot more enjoyable to play with these changes. It played like ass in comparison to the newer games, really hard for me to go back to.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From the perspective of a PC gamer
Pros: "improved lighting/engine" (we'll see on that, I prefer Dark Souls 1 to Dark Souls 3's visual style)
60FPS/4K support (dsfix)
dedicated servers (dsc makes this pretty much irrelevant https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/334/ )
higher multiplayer count

Cons: Splits the community
Kills 5 years of mods
Costs $40

Yeah I'm not liking this.
the PC price hasn't been revealed and a discount for previous owners is extremely likely.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is great news. I thought this was a straight remaster. DS3 had incredible quality of life changes and the combat is simply better.