• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BlacJack

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I wonder why people have this perception of the Souls community being like this.

I mean, what you said was complete hyperbole, and the response was just as ridiculous. It's not the Souls community. If you try starting dialogue with "BEST GAME EVER BUT LAST HALF IS WORST IN WORLD" you're not going to invoke a reasonable conversation.

For instance, I don't necessarily disagree that the second half isn't as good as the first, but I do feel the quality difference gets exaggerated more and more as the years pass. It was always worse, but lets chill with the "drops off a fuckin cliff" silliness. I wasn't going to initially respond to your comment because just by looking at it, I don't feel like anything can come from it. You will be right no matter how this conversation goes. And anyone that disagrees will be a crazy enraged fanboy.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
If it's just DS1 with Durante's fix, why can't they just patch the base game for free?

Because it requires more work than just adding Durante's fix. You can clip through the floor and fall through the wall, distance on jumps and rolls are reduced and potentially some other bugs.

DS2 had problems at 60fps with enemy animation speeding up, weapon durability and 3rd party controllers on PC having parry and shield windows being extremely small.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love fighting against the environment, so naturally Blighttown is my favorite map.
Same, post patch Blighttown is fantastic.

Honestly Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith may be pretty terrible but they're still uneventful and boring at worst and in no way ruin the experience for me. I recently replayed the game for the first time, dreading those parts and... They were over so quickly that I wondered why I even worried in the first place. The rest of the game is still superb.

Goronmon

Nov 9, 2017

Honestly Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith may be pretty terrible but they're still uneventful and boring at worst and in no way ruin the experience for me. I recently replayed the game for the first time, dreading those parts and... They were over so quickly that I wondered why I even worried in the first place. The rest of the game is still superb.

This sums up my feelings on the subject. Those areas just aren't that important and you can get through them so fast I just didn't find it to be a big deal. Perfect example of a 'forgettable'.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

My feelings as well.