• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
He said the same at an MCM Comic Con panel in the UK when asked what MCU project he would like to work on. With his prior experience as a screenwriter and connections in Hollywood, you can assume he has a few sources that would have confirmed the project. David Hayter aside from his video game credit as the voice of Solid Snake also has history working as a screenwriter for movies like X-Men, X2 and Watchmen.

TAKE THIS WITH A MASSIVE GRAIN OF SALT

Last edited:

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
David Hayter aside from his video game credit as the voice of Solid Snake also has history working as a screenwriter for movies like X-Men, X2 and Watchmen.

You forgot the most important part.

b981e4723e9c58db2e8193c5b86bcbd1.png

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Reboot worries me.

I get that they don't want the Netflix series to be cannon, but they need to bring back Charlie and Vincent at the very least.

Kingpin needs to be in the MCU. He's obviously not a Sony property even though I always associated him with Spider Man.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Even if Hayter does know, do you really think a screenwriter is just gonna leak that shit? Especially when his previous cash cow, voicing Solid Snake, dried up years ago?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Eh, he's probably inferring info from what has been rumoured.

A reboot is relatively likely though and, if it were to be a show or more meaningful appearances, they need to bring the main cast, not just Cox and D'Onofrio. It'd be shit if Deborah Ann Woll doesn't receive the call, for example.

I'd also love to see Wilson Bethel as Bullseye. He was really good.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Even if Hayter does know, do you really think a screenwriter is just gonna leak that shit? Especially when his previous cash cow, voicing Solid Snake, dried up years ago?
He literally says "they are doing a reboot of Daredevil" in the video.

It may or may not pan out, but he says it fairly casually yeh.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
yeah, this all makes sense! Man, this is all leading to an eventual

Spiderman and DD swinging around NY.

I thought I never I see that!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
He literally says "they are doing a reboot of Daredevil" in the video.

It may or may not pan out, but he says it fairly casually yeh.

He could very well just be operating under the same rumors we've all been hearing. I truly don't think he's privy to other information than we know, because if he had it and leaked it he won't get hired in Hollywood anymore.

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like the earliest stages of kicking around ideas/taking pitches. Doesn't seem like Hayter even knows the plans.

Edit this isn't unusual. There's always pitches going on for IP. Daredevil as a property is just sitting there, makes sense to see what you can do with it and get that off the ground.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
He could very well just be operating under the same rumors we've all been hearing. I truly don't think he's privy to other information than we know, because if he had it and leaked it he won't get hired in Hollywood anymore.
That is an assumption still. We have no way of knowing what is and isn't okay info to share for them.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Would it be a movie reboot or a show I wonder. Either way I'd be interested to see Marvel studios take after the grim dark, semi grounded, Netflix show. In hindsight I don't think the Netflix show used much cg for fights at all and Matt's super senses were usually just cameras tricks and playing with the lens focus. Marvel loves cg so i imagine the fight scenes would be more like Spiderman and his senses would be more like what was done in the Ben Affleck movie.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That is an assumption still. We have no way of knowing what is and isn't okay info to share for them.

This is Marvel. The kings of "don't talk about it until we say so". You really think a screenwriter who hasn't been getting a lot of work lately was cleared to just casually leak a major unannounced reboot? Come on.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This is Marvel. The kings of "don't talk about it until we say so". You really think a screenwriter who hasn't been getting a lot of work lately was cleared to just casually leak a major unannounced reboot? Come on.
I think it's perfectly reasonle to assume some info is less critical than other info yeh.

I also think it is pretty easy for people to slip stuff, it's not like it hasn't happened before.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
Was Charlie Cox well received by fans of the comic Daredevil? I really like him, but only ever seen the show.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's perfectly reasonle to assume some info is less critical than other info yeh.

I also think it is pretty easy for people to slip stuff, it's not like it hasn't happened before.

Leaking the existence of an unannounced project is absolutely critical information. Especially when it's tied to spoilers for an upcoming Marvel film.

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
at this point we can assume Charlie is coming back for NWH, so if he is back then his Matt Murdock is definitely getting folded in to the MCU

Isn't there visual evidence from spoiler leaks? Anyone following all that could make this same claim and would be right.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Leaking the existence of an unannounced project is absolutely critical information. Especially when it's tied to spoilers for an upcoming Marvel film.
I think it is reasonabl to assume that the are bothered about some leaks more than others. Could be that they said "fuck it" internally now the leak is out. Who knows.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think it is reasonabl to assume that the are bothered about some leaks more than others. Could be that they said "fuck it" internally now the leak is out. Who knows.

I really think the most reasonable answer is that he saw the same leak we did and jumped to the same conclusion everyone else is.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I really think the most reasonable answer is that he saw the same leak we did and jumped to the same conclusion everyone else is.
Could be that, sure. Could also be that he knows it and just let it slip. Could also be that internal word is that they just don't care about that one leak now.

All speculation. All I know us that it is cool we are getting this DD back in the MCU.

TrashyPanda

Oct 28, 2017
Part of me worries that the MCU will fuck it up by adding that trademark MCU lighthearted tone with lots of bants. Don't get me wrong Daredevil wasn't devoid of that sort of thing, but it does feel wholly unique compared to what the MCU usually puts put.

Charlie Cox deserves more Daredevil though.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Was Charlie Cox well received by fans of the comic Daredevil? I really like him, but only ever seen the show.

As a big DD fan, yes. He was fantastic and deserves to continue in the role in an MCU reboot.

Part of me worries that the MCU will fuck it up by adding that trademark MCU lighthearted tone with lots of bants. Don't get me wrong Daredevil wasn't devoid of that sort of thing, but it does feel wholly unique compared to what the MCU usually puts put.

Charlie Cox deserves more Daredevil though.

Daredevil comics can be really funny when they want to be. It's true that the books have a dark streak to them at times, Matt goes through so many horrible things but it's not always doom and gloom.

They tried to make him a bit funnier in Defenders I feel and it worked out okay for the most part. Cox and Ritter had great chemistry there.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You ever see a spoiler you really wanna click on but just don't? This whole thread is it

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yes please!
Have no problem with Charlie coming back but if they do get a different guy they better nail the casting cause we'll be stuck with him for years!

Also

#bringbackcolinbullseye
S31D.gif

:p

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man that fist season of DD was something else