• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Sony first launched Days of Play as a celebration to coincide with E3, but seeing as it doesn't even attend the annual convention anymore, it's transformed into more of a summer promotion for the platform holder. It's been historically successful, too, driving huge hardware and software sales. And it all looks set to return on 25th May.

Eagle-eyed Reddit users have spotted some advertising material for the 2020 incarnation of the event, with annual PS Plus subscriptions set to secure a 30 per cent reduction. There's no other information on the flyer, although it looks like the discounts will end on 8th June. Expect deals on first-party titles, as well as accessories, like DualShock 4 controllers.
Source

Wonder what they'll have this time. Probably not a limited edition console but seeing how this is the PS4's last year and TLOU2 / Iron Man / GOT are right around the corner they probably should have some good discounts on consoles.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Good discounts on PS+ I imagine to lock as many people in as possible.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
omg me and my friend's bought soooo many controllers through his sale (the sale, employee discount at a store we worked at, plus an accessory sale).

I think I got a dualsock 4 for like $15. I ended up buying like four of them at least.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I'm not sure there's much of a point in doing deals for accessories since the supply and production chain for them is going to be so limited. Very interested to see what they'll be doing for games.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they announce a new Days of Play slim PS4. I really need to replace my near-launch one.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the PS4 will get a revision or a price cut before the PS5's release.

I think a price cut will likely happen for the PS4 before the PS5 releases.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if the PS4 will get a revision or a price cut before the PS5's release.

I think a price cut will likely happen for the PS4 before the PS5 releases.

Both are likely. The revision is what helps make a price cut possible while maintaining margins.

Get ready for the top-loading PS4 Super Slim (but not during this promotion).

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
Trying to think if there is anything left from this generation that I am dying to play on PS4... maybe Days Gone?

Gorion's Ward

Apr 6, 2019
Israel <3
Based on previous years and titles, how much should I expect FF7R or P5R to drop? Probably to around 45? If so I'll wait another year to grab them maybe along with TLOU2.

Also, is there a chance for Days Gone to drop to 10?

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping for a discount on Outer Wilds.

And Disco Elysium to come to PS4 sometime soon maybe? Dunno if they've said when.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, forgot about this. Weren't they setting up for these before the pandemic?