• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure they would make more money selling these shows to another service. Making a deal with Netflix or something. And leave the app as a just a comics thing like MU.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
DC you fucks, you don't get to cancel a thing before you have launched it in my country.

Although... The comic division launching their own Marvel Comics Unlimited equivalent and WB -as a whole- launching their own video streaming service in parallel would have made so much more sense.
DC Universe always seemed like an idea from 5 years ago that took too long to actually develop into something, to the point where they couldn't back out of it. Oh well.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the hook for a year so they better not ditch the whole service lol. Doom Patrol is the best tv show on anywhere atm and I need more seasons after this one.

Looking forward to Swamp Thing and not really worried about the filming until we know more. Maybe it's a creative decision.

Isak_Borg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
it's a sad day but the platform wasn't widely available and didn't have an app that I could use to watch on my TV. I'm not buying a firestick, chromecast, or any other of those devices just to watch DC Universe shows. I thought Titans and Doom Patrol were fun shows but not fun enough for me to keep watching on my laptop when I have a big screen setup with surround sound.

The best move for them would be to partner with another streaming service and put their content there.

Sad for the production crew on this who are going to suffer the most because of this.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
They already had (have?) an event where you could subscribe for 80 cents a month. Then they made their original shows free for a while (still?). It's been obvious for a while that they got nowhere near the reception they thought they would for DCU.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta wonder tho, as DCU shows are showed on Netflix outside of the US. What were their expectations for adoption?

Oct 27, 2017
show could've just been overbudget, or the original ending is shit
speculation on the service's future seems to be just that

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
show could've just been overbudget, or the original ending is shit
speculation on the service's future seems to be just that

Yeah seems a little too soon to talk about the services demise. Especially since Titans itself had episodes cut, but only after they were shot. Not to mention that titans has started shooting.

Side note, seems like Titans season 1 is gonna be release on Blu-Ray, which would point to the same happening to Doom Patrol. Gonna be all of dat shit.

Oct 25, 2017
This is not the best news.

An ERA thread got me to subscribe last weekend to check out Doom Patrol and now whatever else happens they have to keep making that show. I'm definitely not the target audience for the service in general, but that show is something special and it's not going to have a real shot at driving subscriptions because nobody is ever going to even have a reason to start watching it.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
for those not aware, WB has announced their own all-encompassing streaming service, featuring both HBO and content from other WB brands, to launch later this year, but I'm not sure even they know how DCU fits into it yet. The former was announced a full year and a half after the latter; in hindsight, the DCU original shows would have made more sense as part of a broader WB platform from day one, but I imagine that by the time the execs decided to go that route, too much money had already been sunk into DCU for them to cancel it and put the shows on hold for a year.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I just want Titans to last long enough to see Bruce, Dick, and Jason on screen all at the same time.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
So Doom Patrol is actually good? I admittedly wrote off basically all of this app's original shows after that first terrible Titans trailer.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Er, didn't they just do new casting for Titans? I'd be surprised if WB was casting for those kinds of things if the service was doing that terribly, at the very least, I'd imagine a lot of these shows get consolidated into ATT's all encompassing service at a later time.

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
Er, didn't they just do new casting for Titans? I'd be surprised if WB was casting for those kinds of things if the service was doing that terribly, at the very least, I'd imagine a lot of these shows get consolidated into ATT's all encompassing service at a later time.
They have a deal for Titans with Netflix for international rights so that would make it easier to support the show.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I just want Titans to last long enough to see Bruce, Dick, and Jason on screen all at the same time.
So next season, unless they decide to shut everything down

So Doom Patrol is actually good? I admittedly wrote off basically all of this app's original shows after that first terrible Titans trailer.
Titans is a good show. Doom Patrol is amazing and everyone should watch it.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
No one gives a shit about Swamp Thing and DC need to get their act together and give me surround audio instead of having stereo only in 2019.

Doom Patrol is excellent and much better than Titans although the latter actually ended up somewhat okay in the end.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I still remember the live action series from the nineties.

What about the cartoon and toy line? Still blows my mind what properties they made into cartoons and toys back then... Toxic Avenger, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, etc.

Even though the DC Universe future stuff is speculation/rumor, it's not good that they basically told them last minute that you're done filming and you need to come up with a new ending with some reshots. They didn't give them a few episodes to wrap up, they basically said you're done and make the best of what you have.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Just cancel the service and let Netflix pick up Young Justice you cowards!

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
There's absolutely no reason for Warner to have a half dozen streaming services or how many it is at this point and I have to imagine AT&T sees that. At the very least HBO and Cinemax should've merged (I know there'd probably be issues with the cable side) and then merge everything else, throw up a tier for the sports stuff. Even better would be everything in one app for a reasonable price.

Got a feeling Disney+ is going to eventually change how studio/conglomerate owned services do business or at least I hope so.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
There's absolutely no reason for Warner to have a half dozen streaming services or how many it is at this point and I have to imagine AT&T sees that. At the very least HBO and Cinemax should've merged and then merge everything else, throw up a tier for the sports stuff. Even better would be everything in one app for a reasonable price.

Got a feeling Disney+ is going to eventually change how studio/conglomerate owned services do business or at least I hope so.

It still amazes me that while HBO and Cinemax have been the same company for a while now, the Cinemax streaming apps/service are so far behind. It makes no sense. They should have gone the VRV "channel" route long ago.

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
This is probably a good bellwether of how ATT is going to treat HBO in the future.

RIP the golden age of TV.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Someone please save Doom Patrol

I had a bad feeling about Swamp Thing ever since they got Len Wiseman to direct the pilot

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Titans is awesome, if you can handle the cheesiness. Which I realize isn't for everyone.

What I have seen of DP is good also, but I only watched a couple episodes so far.