• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mocolostrocolos

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, I was talking to a friend who was checking the eShop CDN and both demos popped up along with other titles that released today such as Bastion.

I wouldn't be surprised if those were announced during the Direct.

BOTW is 6.5GB
MK8DX is 3.11GB

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they should pre-install them on every switch

well maybe not Zelda. it'd be too good

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing a BOTW demo would be just the plateau and the first four shrines?

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A BotW demo would be real cool! Maybe like the E3 builds where it was limited to the Plateau.

Mario Kart is also a good choice. Too bad it couldn't be like Mario Kart DS where you could have one copy of the game and your friends could join in.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Demo for a Mario Kart game ?

Weird world we live in

Are you sure this is not dlc ?

That's cool but who hasn't bought these games yet or isn't getting a Switch to get these games?

I haven't bought MK8 because I have it on the WiiU and the new stuff does not interest me.

If they announce dlc for it .... not sure if I will resist xD

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd be very curious to see what they are- especially BotW's. Remember how desperate people were that Nintendo released the E3 Wii U demo in 2016? That'd be ironic as a thing now.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You get a demo, you get a demo, everyone gets a demo!

Give the picross games a demo you cowards

Oct 25, 2017
Who buys a switch without the intention of buying the next Zelda or Mario Kart. Zelda I can understand, it's a reboot and plays differently so a demo helps.

Everyone knows what Mario Kart is and how it plays.

People who buy a switch for the next 3D Mario? I bought the Switch for a) portability, b) the hope that I could play some cool third-party ports of last-gen games that I love portably, c) playing Game Boy and N64 games, and d) Super Mario Odyssey.

There are about a billion Nintendo IPs that everyone loves. Zelda and Kart are but two of that stable of IPs.

(Full disclosure: I own both of those games, but had Odyssey come out at launch along with BotW, I might not yet own BotW, and I only bought Kart8DX because I got it for thirty bucks from Target.)

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine a Christmas NiGHTS style demo for Zelda, that would be swell.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The great plateau is a great way to demo the game to people and simultaneously give them the biggest blue balls ever.

It's genius.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
I'd be very curious to see what they are- especially BotW's. Remember how desperate people were that Nintendo released the E3 Wii U demo in 2016? That'd be ironic as a thing now.

There's actually a case to be made there. BOTW Wii U attach rate is lower than SW attach rate.

Of course some of that is due to dual ownership of Wii U and SW.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
People seem to forget we are coming into the Christmas holiday and those are just there to remind people about their evergreen titles.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These games have attach ratios of over 50%, and their sales are accelerating; why demos for these? Why not for something else?

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
What would be the purpose? Demos for games that have been out for well over a year and can even be found discounted.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Do games with over a %50 attach rate really need demos?

Those games are getting old. Yet the Switch is still selling. Those new owners will probably not have a lot games to play, and those they do own are most likely going to be newer titles.
Having a demo of those early gems keeps the games relevant to those who are going buy a Switch in 2021.