• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Back in December, we got a hint at what the new Destiny 2 expansion could be. "Gods of Mars" appeared on the Japanese PlayStation Store, offering details on new story missions and adventures, weapons and armor, and lots more.

Last time, it was Sony's system that leaked the information. This time, it's the Xbox.

Reddit user TheDarkS0ul has posted screenshots of pages that detail the Destiny 2s God of Mars DLC expansion. Check out all of the info below:

Destiny-2-Gods-of-Mars-DLC-2.jpg

Destiny-2-Gods-of-Mars-DLC-1.jpg

Destiny 2 Expansion II: Gods of Mars sends your Guardian out to investigate a mysterious signal originating from Mars's Northern Point, a brand new destination with all new story missions and adventures. Rasputin – the last of the ancient Warminds, has been alerted to a dark threat from beyond the Solar System. He has betrayed humanity and plans to construct a powerful weapon capable of detonating the Traveler itself. Work alongside Ana Bray, who has emerged from the shadows after being missing for years, and destroy Rasputin before his machinations are realized.

Features:

• Explore Mars and uncover Rasputin's secret
  • New story missions and adventures
  • New themed weapons, armor, and gear to earn
  • New cooperative activities – New competitive multiplayer arenas
  • New cooperative Raid Lair activity – New "Crow Splicer" & "Construct" enemy factions
  • And more…
Until official confirmation, do note the possibility that these images could be fake.

What do you make of this possible expansion? Think it sounds good? Bad? Let us know.

In other Destiny 2 news, several top Destiny YouTubers have lessened their support of the game, Bungie is hiring a new community manager, and the developer explains the faction rewards throttle and incoming adjustments.

https://mp1st.com/news/rumor-destiny-2-gods-of-mars-dlc-2-details-leaked-on-xbox-store

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
A new "expansion" set on a D1 planet and no new full blown raid?

Seems legit.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Edit: This was wrong, it was Mercury in the first expansion. Wait wasn't Mars in the first expansion with the forest? Are they just going to open up more of the planet or will it be a small zone again like the first one?

I'm interested to see what they plan to do with the raid lair tactic, at the moment it seems like an easy way to release content without opening a whole new raid. But hey, I'm burnt on the game and don't really plan on coming back anytime soon with how long it's gonna take just to "fix" the base game.

Last edited:

LoNe_eXiLe

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, we won't create a completely new raid, but will add another variant to this extremely shitty raid - Bungo

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
Destiny 2 can only be saved with a Taken King like expansion, those smaller expansions are insulting for how little content there is for the money they're asking.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
The first expansion was one of the most underwhelming dlc this generation, so they better up their game.

zeox

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Wait wasn't Mars in the first expansion with the forest? Are they just going to open up more of the planet or will it be a small zone again like the first one?

I'm interested to see what they plan to do with the raid lair tactic, at the moment it seems like an easy way to release content without opening a whole new raid. But hey, I'm burnt on the game and don't really plan on coming back anytime soon with how long it's gonna take just to "fix" the base game.
First expansion was Mercury, not mars

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
So expansion 3 will be The Crows and Savathûn: a rehash of the hive/taken/awoken thematics of Taken King.. LMAO

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the description yea I am so done with this game. If that's the sort of content I should expect going forward I can't see anything pulling me back to it again and I doubt I'm the only one feeling that way at this point.

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm only gonna play it because I was stupid enough to buy the Expansion Pass. Even then I got 25% off it and yet I still feel ripped off with that awful Curse of Osiris "expansion".

If Bungie want me to buy whatever comes after this then they better sort this game out.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, "expansion". Like "Expansion 1". They should not call expansion to anything less than The Taken King. Expansion 1 was little less than a micro DLC. I'll download and play whatever this is for a little while because I bought the season pass with Battle.net credit. After that I'm done.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The first expansion was one of the most underwhelming dlc this generation, so they better up their game.

They wont. Guarantee this will be the same size as last one. You can bet your last penny this lot do not give a single fuck about giving their fans value for money.

Dragoneye

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The United States of America
Assuming this is real and based of the description and the picture, I can already see what kind of story they planning on telling with this and then the eventual Expansion pack for D2 in the fall and i'm disappointed to say the least.

While I know not all people care for the "lore" but I did like reading what we did have in Destiny 1 and it made Rasputin to be a very interesting character. I always liked the fact that were it not for Rasputin the traveler would've just flown away from Earth just like it did for say the Fallen. Now it seems like they're just going have it be Rasputin which we still don't know enough about will just go "space pyramid aliens are my god now"

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Mar's northern point better he bigger than that public space on Mercury, especially when they can just reuse assets from the old game.

New enemy types will just be palette swaps.

I honestly think I'm just waiting until September for the big shake up with the Taken Queen or whatever it will be called.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really difficult to be excited or care

I put in thousands of hours in D1 while D2 was over for me less than 2 months after launch.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who expects something notably different from CoO are setting themselves up for massive dissapointing.

Deleted member 6733

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I didn't pick up the season pass. I haven't touched this game for months except to look at the X upgrade. Both expansions look exactly how I expected based on D1.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the time I put into the base game but it's not enough to get me to part with cash for shit expansions, especially when Bungie continue to suck on their own feet at an alarming frequency.

MarcyPoos

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not coming back for this. The first DLC wasn't enough either. Too many other great games this year to play.

rakkadakka

Oct 25, 2017
Rasputin is one of the more interesting characters from D1.

Of course they're going to see us try and off him as the baddy in D2.

ldave82

Oct 28, 2017
The game may be as it is, but the original Leviathan raid and the Curse of Osiris raid lair (Argos) are both well crafted events.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
If things go as I expect (follow the same path as D1, shitty first dlc, much better second dlc where the quality of life changes are better than the dlc itself) they may have something.

Obvious thing they have to do for this dlc is
Bring back elimination for trials
Bring back 6v6
Lower the TTK
Introduce some re-rolling mechanism for guns.

They would get their pvp audience back.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
We've got a whole fucking GALAXY and yet we go back to Mars of all places.

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK SAKE

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not liking the whole raid lair thing instead of a new full-blown raid. Just comes off as something they did because it takes less effort.

McArkus

Oct 25, 2017
MX
Wasn't the previous leak something about Charlemagne capturing Rasputin somehow on Mars? Anyway I hope is not a story to destroy Rasputin, we need allies if the ending cinematic is any indication of things to come.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
Not sure how I feel about this at the moment, but I got the season pass cheap on PC so I guess I'll play it.

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Destiny had a cut Mars raid during 2013 we never got. It was feature complete even too.
I know. Bungie talked about having one raid in D2 and expanding it. The new Raid lair is actually very cool and way more interesting than the first raid. That ship where raid takes place at a so damn big, I can understand that expanding another lair is more efficient than designing a brand new location and place from scratch. Besides, if Rasputin is the enemy and I can totally see it using the Leviathan as a weapon for our destruction.

Different strokes for different folks but this is how Bungie is doing D2. Whether they learn lessons from CoO will have to wait.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Atm i think i am done with Destiny 2 after the expansion. I payed for it already also.
Its just i lived through Destiny 1 and the ups and downs of the game. But they didnt learn from it with Destiny 2 and now even the hardcore community who sticked by them when Destiny 1 was rough and lacking updates are done with the game. My friendslist was always full of people playing Destiny 1 even when there was a dry period. Now? Nobody is playing anymore. Maybe 1 person a week. Even the streamers like Gothalion dont really play alot or at all. Especially when reset day and Trials were the big days alot of them were playing.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Wish I didn't buy the deluxe edition but I'll give this a try since it's part of the season pass. I hate that I've completely lost faith in Bungie.

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atm i think i am done with Destiny 2 after the expansion. I payed for it already also.
Its just i lived through Destiny 1 and the ups and downs of the game. But they didnt learn from it with Destiny 2 and now even the hardcore community who sticked by them when Destiny 1 was rough and lacking updates are done with the game. My friendslist was always full of people playing Destiny 1 even when there was a dry period. Now? Nobody is playing anymore. Maybe 1 person a week. Even the streamers like Gothalion dont really play alot or at all. Especially when reset day and Trials were the big days alot of them were playing.
Same. I already payed for the expansion so I will play but the fact that Bungie is following a similar roadmap to Destiny is disappointing. While Destiny was flawed the gameplay loop and grind was fun. Not this time. A poor gameplay loop, tokens, two primaries and a still poor endgame make it even harder to expect great things in the Fall. I mean, we sat through all of Destiny and gave them the benefits of the doubts and second chances AND they do the same mistakes as Destiny, amazing. Chris Barrett will do what he can but you they are looking at Destiny 3 to right the ship.

If Bungie doesn't want make D3 similar in gameplay and endgame as Destiny then tell everyone. If they want to make it a linear story based shooter with some MP, tell us. They want to make it a point and click romance, murder mystery novel, tell us.

They sold is D2 as Destiny but more and better and that was a lie.

AngryPuppy

Oct 27, 2017
While I know not all people care for the "lore" but I did like reading what we did have in Destiny 1 and it made Rasputin to be a very interesting character. I always liked the fact that were it not for Rasputin the traveler would've just flown away from Earth just like it did for say the Fallen. Now it seems like they're just going have it be Rasputin which we still don't know enough about will just go "space pyramid aliens are my god now"

I think it's more likely to be the case that Rasputin knows the Traveler is drawing the space pyramid aliens to Earth, and our amoral AI protector is once again ready to make the hard decisions required for the survival of humanity.

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017
Is Bungie trying to make the raid GAAS style? lol. I hate this raid.... I don't even bother with it and I ran massive amounts of raids in D1.