1. DNAbro

DNAbro
    Member OP

Before going into it, these leaks come from a known Destiny leaker known as AnonTheNine on reddit. He leaked a bunch of accurate stuff pre-Forsaken update and very recently leaked the fact that the Thunderlord machine gun was going to return in the recent holiday event and people have confirmed that the gun is now in the game via datamining.

Here are some select leaks from him as of late

Europa will be a location in D3
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/9pz56p/cant_wait/
    (links to a picture of Europa and he clarifies in the comments that it is for D3)

Chris Barrett is game director rather than Luke Smith and recently started full development
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...e_should_have_a_solid_base/e81yaol/?context=0
    (so don't expect D3 next year)

D3 will have PvPvE patrol zones and be "more hardcore" than Forsaken, bigger focus on RPG elements
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._have_a_d2y3_instead_of_d3/e87ex5x/?context=1

It also mentions that the we will be using the "Darkness" which most likely means new subclasses.

More on how "hardcore it will be"
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...bungie_allergic_to_numbers/e87d0hr/?context=2

"D2 vanilla was their idea from beginning. The "reboot" didnt change that, the game was born to be for casuals. If D3 will really have the idea they want to implement, trust me, a lot of Guardians who play 2 hours per week will abandon the game. They are going balls out with the rpg stuff."

Also slightly related, here is the original concept art for Europa that was supposed to be in D1
    [​IMG]

2. Ocelott

Ocelott

Fool me twice...

3. Slayven

Slayven
    You probably post about me on another board. Moderator

How do you balance for that?

4. Nirolak

Nirolak

The Year 1 expansion for this game will be amazing.

5. Kyoufu

Kyoufu

Better/deeper RPG elements would be really nice.

Also 60fps on PS5/XB2 please.

6. SageShinigami

SageShinigami

"More RPG elements" is normally a green flag for me, but in Destiny's case it'd be going against what the main fanbase appears to want. They want a short jump to the end game so they can start getting end gear and do raids and shit, which i have less than zero interest in. You don't piss off your existing fanbase just to possibly snatch people who left like me, so I'm gonna guess this is more of a half-step.

7. Rodjer

Rodjer

Someone kill me already.

Are they really going to make another Destiny?

8. Helacious

Helacious

I just know theyll find a way to ensare me again and ill regret it, again. For the third time.

9. There was no way we were getting Destiny 3 this year anyway. Destiny 2 didn't come out until two years after Taken King, so I don't expect Destiny 3 until mid-2020.

10. I bought the vanilla game for Destiny 1, and Destiny 2. Paid $60 for vanilla Destiny on PS3, and $10 for vanilla Destiny 2 on PS4.

11. hikarutilmitt

hikarutilmitt

10 year plan. We're in year 5, now!

12. SFenton

SFenton

I mean, it makes money.

But I don't see a path where this outsells D1 or D2 based on reception to both.

13. Nirolak

Nirolak

I suspect Luke Smith is on the new IP with Jason Jones given how long he has been MIA.

Also, this implies that Destiny 3 will at least be crossgen at launch (assuming a 2020 launch) or next-gen only (assuming a 2021 launch).

I think they just mean it’s an open PvP area a la PvP servers in MMOs.

14. bitSS

bitSS

So, has Bungie done it again, or what?

15. Boownage

Boownage

Lmao

16. Masterspeed

Masterspeed

Gambit is already that in Destiny 2: Forsaken and It's the best fucking mode Destiny has had since launch.

17. Masterspeed

Masterspeed

Fantastic contribution...both of you.

18. JakeNoseIt

JakeNoseIt

I can't believe they got me on D2

19. RedOnePunch

RedOnePunch

Lol

20. bitSS

bitSS

Sorry, I replied on accident. I already edited... You were too fast for me, ahaha.

21. Ricelord

Ricelord

i hope yall dont fall for this again.

22. Nirolak

Nirolak

So by RPG elements do they mean stuff like dialog trees with NPCs in towns?

In Forsaken, they started adding more optional dialog and that kind of stuff, and people seem to like it, so I wonder if they will integrate that.

23. Windu

Windu

You don't. Mixing those player groups never works out.

24. Shao Kahn

Shao Kahn

You have my curiosity.

Edit: Barrett is the director since April? You have my attention.

25. Ninja Kn1ght

Ninja Kn1ght

I love the sound of those leaks. The more RPG the better, Forsaken is already amazing.

26. Kill3r7

Kill3r7

I am sure Fallout 76 will show them.

Edit: I really want either 4 or 6 man patrols.

27. Crusadernm

Crusadernm

yeahhhhh...thats a no from me dogg

28. Enilced2

Enilced2

If they finally let me pilot my ship around in space and get into dogfights I'll come back. I don't even need to be able to fly directly down onto a planet no man's sky style, just give me star wars galaxies space expansion style and I'm happy. Load screen onto planet load screen into space with the option to fast travel from destination to destination

29. Dalik

Dalik

More rpg elements is a really good news, please day and date pc release and dont suck like d2 and i'll buy

30. DNAbro

DNAbro
    Member OP

One of the biggest complaints of D2 was the lack of true builds in the game and the reduction of RPG elements. Considering the more "hardcore" approach of Forsaken has won over most people who have played it, i'm expecting a bit more depth.

31. Heisenburger

Heisenburger
    Banned Member

Destiny 3: no content edition.

32. hydruxo

hydruxo

Chris Barrett being the director for D3 is promising.

33. tmkn

tmkn

It's called Stockholm syndrome

34. TheBeardedOne

TheBeardedOne

I like the idea of a frozen setting, but don't know if I care to get Destiny 3. I burned out on the first two games quickly, and was pretty much done with them once their campaigns came to an end. The raids and that kind of social content didn't interest me, nor was it a game I could keep going back to and keep interest in. Neither one.

I haven't played any of the additional content. I sold Destiny before the first add-on came out, and deleted Destiny 2 to free up space after losing interest months ago.

35. ParanoidRED

ParanoidRED

Yup, i'm staying the fuck away

36. Spinluck

Spinluck

Destiny coming back like that ex you think has changed.

37. II JumPeR I

II JumPeR I

Lol and already moving on to the next one. Already skipped the second one because it was obvious to me that this was just dlc sold as a new game.

38. John Rabbit

John Rabbit

They're already doing it with Gambit just fine.

39. Fuck off bungie.

40. Fid

Fid

Loving Destiny 2, and still mostly ignoring other games to play Forsaken which I totally didn't see coming.

You've got me, Bungie, but please let all of our D2 time/effort amount to something more than like an emblem and a short cutscene.

41. Truant

Truant

Sounds promising. At least theres no sign of a reboot yet.

42. Bhonar

Bhonar

is Destiny 2 new content development winding down or over at this point?

43. Maneil99

Maneil99

2021 sounds about right. Unless they plan on launching with next gen consoles. Either way I’m in. Forsaken is great, once I get off the Black Ops 4 and RDR2 train I’ll go back

44. GenericBadGuy

GenericBadGuy

I entered the Destiny franchise with Forsaken and have had a blast. However I know that players who were with the games from day 1 have been done dirty a few times with the infamous “1 year later expansions”.

Perhaps they will get it right this time?

45. Kasai

Kasai

I bought Forsaken and the other two expansions when 2 was on PS+, and I got to level 36ish.

I was a fan of the idea of 1, and I played to level 20 when it came out.

I just never had fun with the game. I play by myself because I dont really have friends, but I still expected more.

46. Maneil99

Maneil99

Destiny 2 has 3 minor expansions left for next 10 months and likely a major one next fall.

47. optimus8936

optimus8936

another destiny thread, another batch of well thought out responses

I really wonder what its like to hate one game this much

48. hydruxo

hydruxo

Nope. D3 is still a few years out. The annual pass content for D2 doesn't even start until December. Then there's almost certainly going to be a Forsaken sized expansion again next Fall.

49. Floex

Floex

I want to believe, I really do. They need to quit with how dumbed down they made 2. Make the RPG we want it to be.

I thought I wouldn’t go back but...

50. Oticon

Oticon

Forsaken has been amazing, so why not?

51. DNAbro

DNAbro
    Member OP

Expectation is for a Rise of Iron sized expansion next year.