• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
"Microsoft acquires Bungie, again" XO18

Not likely but I hope that at least Bungie makes D3 good without needing the expansions to course correct.

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Just wanna mention to everyone here per their leaked contract this is the last destiny game they are going to be making. D3 is gonna have 3 DLCs, and 2 small ones.

This will be the final game they work on. So it makes sense for them to push hard on a specific aspect of it.

Oct 30, 2017
Y'all gotta understand that Bungie isn't shaking up the foundation for D3. At the very least, we can be glad Luke Smith won't be there to hit the reset button and strip away what made D1 Y3 so good.

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanna mention to everyone here per their leaked contract this is the last destiny game they are going to be making. D3 is gonna have 3 DLCs, and 2 small ones.

This will be the final game they work on. So it makes sense for them to push hard on a specific aspect of it.

Wasn't the original contract for 4 Destiny games?

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
So does this mean that Destiny 2 will only have a two-year lifespan? Or will we see a third year of updates in 2019 and then Destiny 3 in 2020?

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Call me crazy, but sometimes I think the new AC games have a better loot system than destiny. Please copy that.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Has to be next gen only, has to have exploration-heavy huge open worlds like MMOs, and has to come with a promise that this is the ONLY Destiny game for the entire generation and will be supported with game-sized content updates and expansions for the whole generation.

Miss even one of those check-boxes and I'm not interested.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'll be in, but my expectations and hype are going to be sooooo much lower after my experience with Destiny 2. I still play it a bunch, but we heard of all the talk about "Towns and NPCs in Patrol" for Destiny 2 as well and it turned into basically 1 person you could get bounties from for each planet sitting in some cave or room. Not that that is what they are saying here, but I feel like whatever they hype ends up being a tenth of the final result.

Gambit is my favorite addition to Destiny since Vanilla Destiny so I hope they can figure out a lot more PvPvE modes.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
More RPG elements is a big positive for me. I'll be curious how they handle our characters and all that. I don't feel like D2 really did things as well as it could have. They need to start on a much stronger foot than D2 did. It basically took until the game was free on PS+ until I was willing to give it a try after being thoroughly disappointed in the beta. I'm not sure, for my taste, that Bungie has ever quite gotten it right with Destiny, even when it's really good. I'll just have to wait and see as things become more concrete.

SHAQ

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, Florida
As long as I don't have to ever do PVP bullshit, I'll buy. I prefer more of the timed world boss instances, or even more team vs team objective based like that new mode they added.

I'm gonna jump in on it sooner next time around.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
Not falling for this series again, i shouldnt have to wait for a big expansion to come out to make the game actually "good" thats a horrible excuse. How about just waiting until your ready for launch with a crap ton of content and actually have better frequent updates.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As much as it seems forsaken fixed everything the fact the game had to go through two expansions to get there is a no for me on continuing the cycle. They just don't have a good track record now and there are better games out there which sucks because the world has so much potential.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
So by RPG elements do they mean stuff like dialog trees with NPCs in towns?

In Forsaken, they started adding more optional dialog and that kind of stuff, and people seem to like it, so I wonder if they will integrate that.
Probably just means more grindy stuff to appease all the streamers they invited to their studios to help them fix D2.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I'm down. I think I will stick with consoles for this next game.

no1

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Wasn't the original contract for 4 Destiny games?
It was but they changed it as destiny 1 took one year more in dev before it launched so it cut into the time for the other games, and then the DLC was released irregularly.

So it's only for 3 games now.

I should mention that this other game with Netease was called Marathon and per their contract Activisiononly allows 5% of their team to work on other projects.. But anyways each game has 3 years of support for it after the 4th comet (dlc) it will have 3 years of support, and then onto the next game.

This was the plan for each one. After that it's up to bungie but they are contacted 3 years of support after the 4th dlc.

Which sorta makes sense what they are doing with the forsake update schedule.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
If this is just starting then it sounds like it is a good 2-3 years off.. probably closer to three unless they want a repeat of last time. Which is fine. Releasing the game one to two years after next gen console launch. Makes sense. The great news in this means D2 has another year after this year maybe two.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If Chris Barrett takes over ill be down. Destiny 1/2 were improved by leaps and bounds with their big expansions. So hopefully D3 can be like that from Day 1.

If the contract really is 3 games now, Maybe they'll go all out.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I bought Destiny 2 at launch. Played through the campaign and then really had no real reason to continue playing with the itemization compared to the original. Didn't pick up Forsaken.

Don't think I'll bother with Destiny 3 if Anthem turns out well.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Destiny 3 shouldn't surprise people, they promised Activision 3 games and they gotta tie up these story threads somehow. I'm more surprised that there's leaks for D3 already considering both D1 and D2 got rebooted. I just hope they cook this one in the oven long enough. as for systems or features i think they really need to lean into the PVE stuff and let PVP be it's own thing. I'm not sold on the idea of PVPVE areas but i do hope they keep gambit or something like it around.

Apr 25, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
It's interesting that there's so much cut content and concepts from the first game that they can put out multiple expansions and even games with it. I mean I know a lot of games have cut content make it into sequela bbut this seems different. I'm excited to see more of course but I'm really curious what they plan on doing for next year.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Probably just means more grindy stuff to appease all the streamers they invited to their studios to help them fix D2.

It still amazes me they brought in Diablo 3 devs that had learned a ton after Reaper of Souls and made Diablo 3 wildly fun and still ended up with a worse version of Destiny 1 in Destiny 2. My dream has always been for Destiny to be more like Diablo with fun class building.

Oct 30, 2017
I really don't want PvPvE zones...leave that to nodes like Gambit where it belongs.......that said, Forsaken has been a blast. But please no pvpve zones....please god no

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
More RPG focused...so like, actual skill trees maybe? That would be greeaaat. And I don't like to talk shit and I'm sure he's a great guy, but I'm not sorry to see Luke Smith leave as game director. Anyone have any details on Chris Barrett?

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Destiny 3 will finally deliver on the hope of actual massive worlds to explore, and not just fancy "hallways".

Walking around the EDZ or Nessus just feels so fake and artificial. It doesn't feel anything like an actual world in a RPG.

Last edited:

Trickstah

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I know I shouldn't be excited since what Destiny 2 was like on launch... but Luke Smith has been replaced in the Game Director role and I've never been more excited.

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
How do you balance for that?

I would think something along the lines of how the new World of Warcraft system works.
Your damage values and health values are scaled based off what you are hitting possibly?

So if your bullets hit a player, it'll scale using the PvP system, and vice-versa.

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this means D2 will have Y3 and Y4 content packs.

D3 gets a DZ. let's see how Bungie does it.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Maybe Destiny 3 will finally deliver on the hope of actual massive worlds to explore, and not just fancy "hallways".

Walking around the EDZ or Nessus just feel so fake and artificial. It doesn't feel anything like an actual world in a RPG.

Agree completely. Destiny has some good art design and graphics but atmosphere is non-existent. It feels static, confined and artificial.

I don't need massive, but I want to feel like I'm wandering around alive, alien worlds. Not a movie set.