• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Also streamers are currently flying out to Bungie to see the new content for Black Armory

Leaks for that are already very spicy

Oct 27, 2017
Don't think I'll bother with Destiny 3 if Anthem turns out well.

j-jonah-jameson-laughing-gif.gif

Yeah, I mean bungie has messed up some, but Bioware under the current regime of EA operating right now? You have high expectations for this?

Last edited:

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Neat, I'm on board for another Destiny. I haven't done the expansions for 2 yet but I'll get around to them eventually.
Another full, main campaign though i'm on board for as long as it improves a lot like 2 did over 1.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I bought Destiny 2 at launch. Played through the campaign and then really had no real reason to continue playing with the itemization compared to the original. Didn't pick up Forsaken.

Don't think I'll bother with Destiny 3 if Anthem turns out well.

Anthem is out in 4 months. Think about that.

Like I want Anthem to turn out well too, but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

Oct 25, 2017
"More RPG elements" is normally a green flag for me, but in Destiny's case it'd be going against what the main fanbase appears to want. They want a short jump to the end game so they can start getting end gear and do raids and shit, which i have less than zero interest in. You don't piss off your existing fanbase just to possibly snatch people who left like me, so I'm gonna guess this is more of a half-step.

Wrong. Many of us want more diversity in builds.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having this out as a cross-gen title in 2020 would certainly move a lot of next gen consoles....

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
I fully expect Destiny 3 with their current schedule to be announced either Winter 2019 with a really short teaser, or start of summer 2020.

You can easily quote me on this I'm more then confident on my prediction.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
Forsaken has actually been really fun, so I'm in as long as they keep up the quality.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
j-jonah-jameson-laughing-gif.gif

Yeah, I mean bungie has messed up some, but Bioware under the current regeme of EA operating right now? You have high expectations for this?
Tbf, Bioware haven't released a dud in a while, since Dragon Age 2? I get that it's popular on here to hate on Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition, and even if ME3 isn't as good as the first two and Inquisition isn't as good as Origins they're both still great games.

I don't really have high hopes for Anthem because they've shown so little of it and it's so close to coming out now but not believing in it because 'it's Bioware" is a bit weird to me.

Oct 27, 2017
Tbf, Bioware haven't released a dud in a while, since Dragon Age 2? I get that it's popular on here to hate on Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition, and even if ME3 isn't as good as the first two and Inquisition isn't as good as Origins they're both still great games.

I don't really have high hopes for Anthem because they've shown so little of it and it's so close to coming out now but not believing in it because 'it's Bioware" is a bit weird to me.

Andromeda

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
On the one hand, I'm totally on board for "more RPG-like". On the other hand, I'd much rather PvP (and PvEvP) be contained to its opt-in game mode and leave the patrol spaces to be just PvE. If I'm stuck having to deal with the stress of worrying about being suddenly sniped by some rando when I'm just minding my own business trying to get through the anticipated weekly bounty grind in the limited amount of time I have each week, that's enough for me to give the game a pass.

On the third hand,

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
I'm not falling for this again. I loved the improvements made before the first major expansion in Destiny 1, but I wasn't willing to pay for a huge expansion. When Destiny 2 was released I was expecting all the modes and improvements made that I had seen and heard about in the major expansion would be in Destiny 2 day one. That was a stupid idea on my part.

I can't be bothered to care about a Destiny 3 even if it's the only game that releases for a six month period on PS5.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I hope they go more in the Diablo direction and have lots of cool abilities you can use at once. Grenades and melee are pretty boring by themselves.

OnPorpoise

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If they can get this out early on next-gen consoles, they'll have a pretty good chance of re-attracting audiences.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to jumping in with its big Y2 expansion.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Wonder if it'll be another blatant rush job. Hard to imagine they pick this one to actually fix their issues.

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
No thank you. Eververse was supposed to pay for the tiny expansions and it didn't. I found the campaigns for Osiris and Warmind insulting. The base Destiny 2 wasn't the sequel to all of Destiny, just the base D1.

Summing up a previous poster, fool me twice...

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I am not sure what that changes. It is still Bioware. Just because that studio is gone doesn't change how the game was handled or how they just dropped it.
How does it not? The studio fucked up the game and were shut down because of it, it was dropped because it was an unsalvageable mess that killed a popular series. Even if you want to lump them in with the rest of Bioware, that's one dud by a studio that no longer exists. It's not really a reason to worry about Bioware's future output.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah. Forsaken is the best Destiny's ever been, gonna go up and up from here.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe they are going to continue doing number expansions. I would assume then this is like d1 to d2 meaning you make a new character. That's beyond dumb.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
If they can get this out early on next-gen consoles, they'll have a pretty good chance of re-attracting audiences.
Re-attracting?
Did Destiny 2 sell poorly or something? Genuine question, I don't pay attention to sales numbers much.

I cannot believe they are going to continue doing number expansions. I would assume then this is like d1 to d2 meaning you make a new character. That's beyond dumb.
Why would making a sequel be dumb? Is it dumb when any other company makes a sequel instead of expansions to their game?

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Damn already? I only played Destiny 2 and wasn't impressed. Definitely not gonna bother with this one unless they blow me away but I seriously doubt that happens.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
I went to destiny thinking will be a WoW in space. I got a really bland game, with few things to do, really repetitive. Destiny is a waste of potential. You could have space battles, space stations, big cities a big story with a lot of quests... The major error is to make Destiny 1, 2 and 3 Should have been one game expansible.