• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
Did you play it at launch? It was a joke.

I did. Day fucking one! It was not a joke. When Destiny 2 launched it had amazing gunplay and gamefeel, a great campaign with tons of memorable environments and a robust system for coop. Just because you couldn't really grind endlessly does not make the game "a joke".

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Re-attracting?
Did Destiny 2 sell poorly or something? Genuine question, I don't pay attention to sales numbers much.

Why would making a sequel be dumb? Is it dumb when any other company makes a sequel instead of expansions to their game?

It sold a lot but the player base supposedly fell of faster than D1 due to issues and the more "casualized" direction the game took.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
j-jonah-jameson-laughing-gif.gif

Yeah, I mean bungie has messed up some, but Bioware under the current regeme of EA operating right now? You have high expectations for this?
Honestly off what they shown and how fast they seem to be able to make changes? Yeah. I mean you can see for yourself, they're doing a uncut stream Nov.1 iirc.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
what is a little laughable is the fact that Destiny 1 was supposedly held back by last gen consoles, Destiny 2 suffered from the reboot and Destiny 3 will most likely be again a cross gen title and not a next gen only affair..i don´t expect something groundbreaking tbh

Oct 27, 2017
Because that's how Activision runs their business

Maybe. But Bungie isnt owned by Activision. Also it sounds like a 21' release. They dealt with a last gen engine so far and look how that worked out. They are going to do that again? AI will have more of a forefront next gen and having code that is depended on 10 year old laptop cpus would be a bad look a few years in next gen. I see why financially Activision would want that but that sounds like a tough sell if they are truly looking ahead.

Oct 25, 2017
I could tell from the previews immediately for Destiny 2 that it felt like a larger expansion pack rather than an evolution of what Destiny COULD be. But I gave it a chance.

And I was right in the end. In my opinion, PVP was a downgrade.
Worlds that rarely feel populated.
No new enemy race.
Social spaces, of course, are a complete waste of time. Social my ass. Can't even fucking talk to anyone. Just don't even make me go back there. Just give me a menu.
Fuck your weapon system.
Fuck your 50 different tokens.

I'll give D3 a chance in the previews. But I won't jump in head first like I did with D2.

Oct 27, 2017
How does it not? The studio fucked up the game and were shut down because of it, it was dropped because it was an unsalvageable mess that killed a popular series. Even if you want to lump them in with the rest of Bioware, that's one dud by a studio that no longer exists. It's not really a reason to worry about Bioware's future output.

Yeah none at all.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
They are still not giving up on this 10 year plan isn't it? I feel bored just reading ''Destiny 3'' out loud.

Someone kill me already.

Are they really going to make another Destiny?

Exactly how I feel about this.

It's like COD except it never had a golden age like Modern Warfare. Everything about the Destiny franchise was mediocre from the very beginning, it's only appeal is the addicting grindy nature, that's really it.

People buy these games to shoot shit and get bored, there was no legacy, few would care to do Destiny cosplay at Comicon, as a video game series it simply wasn't special or even interesting, let alone memorable or iconic.

Last edited:

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't D1 supposed to still be the only game released in their 10-year plan?

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
As long as people know to wait for the year 1 big expansion everything will be fine.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain

It makes sense indeed.

Destiny provided a huge sales boost for the new consoles when it came out in 2014. It was a killer ap ( especially for the PS4 ) !

I won't be surprised if Microsoft is working behind the scenes to get the exclusive deal to advertise Destiny 3. It would a big deal for the Xbox Next.

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
I could tell from the previews immediately for Destiny 2 that it felt like a larger expansion pack rather than an evolution of what Destiny COULD be. But I gave it a chance.

And I was right in the end. In my opinion, PVP was a downgrade.
Worlds that rarely feel populated.
No new enemy race.
Social spaces, of course, are a complete waste of time. Social my ass. Can't even fucking talk to anyone. Just don't even make me go back there. Just give me a menu.
Fuck your weapon system.
Fuck your 50 different tokens.

I'll give D3 a chance in the previews. But I won't jump in head first like I did with D2.
I mean this is because at it's core Destiny 2 was a cut up version of Destiny 1. Destiny 1 before the story change was supposed to be Destiny 1+DLCS (Exclusing RoI), and Destiny 2 + DLCS (Excluding the new expansion pass updates).

The original Destiny 1 campaign was beyond fucking massive.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
More RPG elements sound great. Just wish they did more with the ships, like give us a little Infinite Warfare dogfighting as something small to break up the long load screens, or ship to surface travel like No Man Sky / StarLink (never going to happen).

But as a launch buyer for the two previous, I'm going to wait for the enevitable expansions and balancing out before I buy. Love Forsaken btw, more of that

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
It's kinda weird to see the sort of negative reactions Luke Smith is getting in here. Isn't he responsible for the expansion that made Destiny 1 *good*? And then got saddled with a reboot of Destiny 2 that had only a limited amount of development time.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Huge if true. This sounds entirely like the ideal Destiny I have wanted from the beginning. More rpg than shooter. That being said.... I am gonna pick up Forsaken soon.

Oct 25, 2017
The real release date is one year later when they release the big expansion that fixes the game and you can get the game and everything up to that in a $60 bundle.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Wow I can see Horizon 2, Halo Infinite, Destiny 3 and a new Star Wars game for new generation line up in holiday 2020 + Call of Duty and FIFA of course

SavoyPrime

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina USA
Exactly! Now I'll admit I came around and got back on the train when The Taken King released. That expansion was great and made the game what it should have been from Day 1. When Destiny 2 got announced, I thought that surely Bungie wouldn't mess up the momentum they had and would learn from their past mistakes. So I pre-ordered. I was wrong. Damn wrong.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Absolutely in from the jump. Only thing I'm down on is it likely being the last Destiny. It will have been a phenomenal journey.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
D2 even post Foresaken has to be the most disappointing game in my life. Even beyond MGS V, which broke my heart.

Ive sworn off D2, and I dont think Ill even invest in D3. Year 3 D1 was perfection for me. The raids were so damn special.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
They are still not giving up on this 10 year plan isn't it? I feel bored just reading ''Destiny 3'' out loud.

Exactly how I feel about this.

It's like COD except it never had a golden age like Modern Warfare. Everything about the Destiny franchise was mediocre from the very beginning, it's only appeal is the addicting grindy nature, that's really it.

People buy these games to shoot shit and get bored, there was no legacy, few would care to do Destiny cosplay at Comicon, as a video game series it simply wasn't special or even interesting, let alone memorable or iconic.

Haha this post

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I will dip and be a QA play tester for a year and love it. When the year one patch releases I will love it even more. Sign me up as Destiny has been my jam since 2014

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
Day 1 but hopefully they can revamp the engine so mechanics are more than holding and throwing a ball for raids.

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People saying fooled twice, but I didnt want to move on after the first.... I can't see the third getting as much traction again third time around?

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I played Destiny for a good while, Destiny 2 for less than a week and now this will not even be in my radar. I fell for this game two times already and that is enough.