• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Except you seem pretty clueless about the state of Destiny in general

I played the first and the second. I regret my time and money. It's plain mediocre, generic, uninteresting.

The world is boring, the characters are boring, the missions are boring, the music is generic and over dramatic, the enemies are dumb as shit.

Nothing about it is special.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
When I first heard them say that I legit though Destiny 1 would be the game they supported for ten years and release expansion after expansion for it and we wouldn't see Destiny 2 until the ten year mark.
In a perfect world that could have been it. As it is, though, the early plan was to do a game on year, expansion the next, then repeat it for up to 5 games. RoI was sort of a stopgap because D2 wasn't going to be ready yet, which also ended up going from an unfinished engine/toolset for D2 to a heavily modified version of the D1 engine/toolset that they used for RoI's new content. According to DeeJ after D2 vanilla released and was well under way, right before CoO came out, they handed off the game to the live team and VV, which is partly why Warmind was such a change from CoO and Forsaken has been, thus far, an amazing experience. Supposedly D3 will be with a fully new engine, possibly whatever it was D2 was going to use, and creating content will be easier and faster (which is what the complaint about the D1/2 engine was).

I full expect us to get another RoI-type expansion next year, but I'm fine with it if they content drops are more like after the main team went off to do the sequels. I also almost expect to see D3 follow suit and, possibly, when we reach "year 10" instead of a whole new game we get a full, total remaster with all of the content from the previous games, seamlessly, up to and through the conclusion of the story.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
PvPvE? Yeah, we're getting Dark Guardians or the like. Forsaken hinted at this idea pretty heavily.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
I think I'm out, guys. Not going to fall for this one again. Enjoyed D1 under the pretense that it would be an evolving concept, but I'm thinking that larger developments are a few releases away. See you for D4?

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I don't believe this, but I have run into WAY more dedicated Warframe fans than i have Destiny fans. Still, you can't overcome that AAA marketing machine.

Which is why I said it was a well known franchise, not a beloved one.

Destiny didn't become popular, it was MADE popular. It wasn't famous because people loved it, it was famous because there's marketing everywhere.

Halo's marketing were nothing compared to Destiny's, and yet it was much more popular, and definitely more beloved.

There are games like PUBG, who got extremely popular because it's good and people loved it, and there's games like Destiny, who got famous because its maker put LOTS of money into the marketing.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's a well known video game franchise but not a beloved one, plain and simple. Feel free to prove me wrong.

It is an incredibly popular franchise that has had ups and downs -- including its worst period ever in early 2018 to what might be its best period ever currently.

The fact that you used, "People don't cosplay as Destiny characters" as an actual argument, despite that being factually incorrect, is enough to wave off your hyperbolic criticism.

Even Warframe is more beloved than Destiny.

But this is enough to prove that you're just trolling.

Destiny didn't become popular, it was MADE popular. It wasn't famous because people loved it, it was famous because there's marketing everywhere.

Halo's marketing were nothing compared to Destiny's, and yet it was much more popular, and definitely more beloved.

"No one really likes it. It's just marketing. I know this because I personally don't like it."

Embarrassing. Stop.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
It's a well known video game franchise but not a beloved one, plain and simple. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Even Warframe is more beloved than Destiny. Actually Warframe is much more beloved than Destiny.

Theres nothing to prove.. If you enjoy warframe, go play it =)

Its just a video game man!! Stop trying to start wars between two completely different games with different play styles.

Oct 27, 2017
You haven't made a genuine point as to why it would be.

I did but you said that did not count, so I don't know why I would continue. Regardless of the studio. If you publish a game under your name you better know what you are representing. They could have continued working on the game but went silent. That isn't a good look for the company. So yeah my point is valid in my eyes. You just don't like it.

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Which is why I said it was a well known franchise, not a beloved one.

oh please, now you are just trying to deny anything positive about Destiny

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah. Forsaken is the best Destiny's ever been, gonna go up and up from here.
Except the taken King was the best at one point, and then it went downhill with rise of iron and further down with destiny 2 vanilla. Forsaken is the best content though I agree.

I'd be lying if I said I'll be waiting for reviews, as it'll probably be a day 1 with me unless they screw up a lot. I've always wanted Europa in destiny.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
if there is one thing i learned, it's that hardcore warframe fans love coming into Destiny threads to say they don't care about Destiny

It's an easy enough comparison. But I mean...at least you can figure out what's going on in Destiny without much trouble when you're first starting out. You need a 50 page guide to figure out what to do in Warframe, and you're still gonna get lost.

Yeh, blame the popularity and fanbase on just marketing. Jesus christ.

Counterpoint: are you saying marketing is irrelevant to a game's popularity?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Fireteam better be 4 this time. Someone in my friends is always left out in patrol or story because of the restriction of 3.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I did not buy Forsaken, I am waiting for the game to be completely done to buy the rest of the dlcs for cheap. Will probably do that for destiny 3. Not buying day 1 anymore

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I think I'm out, guys. Not going to fall for this one again.

This is understandable given the fact that D2 threw away three years of what Destiny 1 turned into and had to built itself up again.

However, if Destiny 3's development team understands this and continues to build on what D2 is now, it will be amazing.

It completely makes sense to at least wait until the game launches though. Bungie did this to themselves.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Lol I know, I just want something more than a pretty coating for a glorified loading screen, especially if they want us to "value" the ships.
I can value the ships more if they actually made them look cool

Same thing with the emblems.

COD has he animated emblems for years, what's Bungie excuse for the lame emblems ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's my biggest gripe with the game. I'm ok with the way it is but they could have made certain aspects a whole lot better.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
If they finally let me pilot my ship around in space and get into dogfights I'll come back. I don't even need to be able to fly directly down onto a planet no man's sky style, just give me star wars galaxies space expansion style and I'm happy. Load screen onto planet load screen into space with the option to fast travel from destination to destination

Pretty much this. The original pitch was this amazing Galaxy you get to explore, it would expand over 10 years. What have we gotten, the same solar system for 6 years and no space what so ever.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even play Destiny and to me Warframe seems like the result of pure successful marketing and word of mouth, the actual game is pretty much a second job with no benefits.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
But this is enough to prove that you're just trolling.

I am not, Destiny didn't deserve my trolling. It'd be a waste of my time.

Looks like there's no point staying in this thread, it's clear Destiny fans are going to buy the 3rd, 4th or the 5th game anyway, while people who were disappointed won't.

All I am saying is, maybe it's time to move on from Destiny Bungie, the way I see it there's more people hating this franchise than actually loving it.

Aug 29, 2018
Destiny has managed to make game as a service dollars while still releasing full 60 price games every 3 years. Hah, I'm impressed.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Yeah I am never buying Destiny again. I held off on Forsaken and I feel fine. Hopefully Christopher and co do a good job as it sounds like folks are really enjoying Forsaken.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
I am not, Destiny didn't deserve my trolling. It'd be a waste of my time.

Looks like there's no point staying in this thread, it's clear Destiny fans are going to buy the 3rd, 4th or the 5th game anyway, while people who were disappointed won't.

I mean just look at all your posts (edited and unedited) in this thread.. you're pretty much straight up trolling at this point.