• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Before going into it, these leaks come from a known Destiny leaker known as AnonTheNine on reddit. He leaked a bunch of accurate stuff pre-Forsaken update and very recently leaked the fact that the Thunderlord machine gun was going to return in the recent holiday event and people have confirmed that the gun is now in the game via datamining.

Here are some select leaks from him as of late

Europa will be a location in D3
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/9pz56p/cant_wait/
(links to a picture of Europa and he clarifies in the comments that it is for D3)

Chris Barrett is game director rather than Luke Smith and recently started full development
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...e_should_have_a_solid_base/e81yaol/?context=0
(so don't expect D3 next year)

D3 will have PvPvE patrol zones and be "more hardcore" than Forsaken, bigger focus on RPG elements
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._have_a_d2y3_instead_of_d3/e87ex5x/?context=1

It also mentions that the we will be using the "Darkness" which most likely means new subclasses.

More on how "hardcore it will be"
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...bungie_allergic_to_numbers/e87d0hr/?context=2

"D2 vanilla was their idea from beginning. The "reboot" didnt change that, the game was born to be for casuals. If D3 will really have the idea they want to implement, trust me, a lot of Guardians who play 2 hours per week will abandon the game. They are going balls out with the rpg stuff."

Also slightly related, here is the original concept art for Europa that was supposed to be in D1
latest

Last edited:

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Better/deeper RPG elements would be really nice.

Also 60fps on PS5/XB2 please.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
"More RPG elements" is normally a green flag for me, but in Destiny's case it'd be going against what the main fanbase appears to want. They want a short jump to the end game so they can start getting end gear and do raids and shit, which i have less than zero interest in. You don't piss off your existing fanbase just to possibly snatch people who left like me, so I'm gonna guess this is more of a half-step.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Someone kill me already.

Are they really going to make another Destiny?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was no way we were getting Destiny 3 this year anyway. Destiny 2 didn't come out until two years after Taken King, so I don't expect Destiny 3 until mid-2020.

Apr 27, 2018
I bought the vanilla game for Destiny 1, and Destiny 2. Paid $60 for vanilla Destiny on PS3, and $10 for vanilla Destiny 2 on PS4.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I suspect Luke Smith is on the new IP with Jason Jones given how long he has been MIA.

Also, this implies that Destiny 3 will at least be crossgen at launch (assuming a 2020 launch) or next-gen only (assuming a 2021 launch).

How do you balance for that?
I think they just mean it's an open PvP area a la PvP servers in MMOs.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
So by RPG elements do they mean stuff like dialog trees with NPCs in towns?

In Forsaken, they started adding more optional dialog and that kind of stuff, and people seem to like it, so I wonder if they will integrate that.

Enilced2

Oct 25, 2017
If they finally let me pilot my ship around in space and get into dogfights I'll come back. I don't even need to be able to fly directly down onto a planet no man's sky style, just give me star wars galaxies space expansion style and I'm happy. Load screen onto planet load screen into space with the option to fast travel from destination to destination

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
More rpg elements is a really good news, please day and date pc release and dont suck like d2 and i'll buy

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
"More RPG elements" is normally a green flag for me, but in Destiny's case it'd be going against what the main fanbase appears to want. They want a short jump to the end game so they can start getting end gear and do raids and shit, which i have less than zero interest in. You don't piss off your existing fanbase just to possibly snatch people who left like me, so I'm gonna guess this is more of a half-step.

One of the biggest complaints of D2 was the lack of true builds in the game and the reduction of RPG elements. Considering the more "hardcore" approach of Forsaken has won over most people who have played it, i'm expecting a bit more depth.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I like the idea of a frozen setting, but don't know if I care to get Destiny 3. I burned out on the first two games quickly, and was pretty much done with them once their campaigns came to an end. The raids and that kind of social content didn't interest me, nor was it a game I could keep going back to and keep interest in. Neither one.

I haven't played any of the additional content. I sold Destiny before the first add-on came out, and deleted Destiny 2 to free up space after losing interest months ago.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Lol and already moving on to the next one. Already skipped the second one because it was obvious to me that this was just dlc sold as a new game.

Fid

Jun 5, 2018
Detroit
Loving Destiny 2, and still mostly ignoring other games to play Forsaken which I totally didn't see coming.

You've got me, Bungie, but please let all of our D2 time/effort amount to something more than like an emblem and a short cutscene.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
2021 sounds about right. Unless they plan on launching with next gen consoles. Either way I'm in. Forsaken is great, once I get off the Black Ops 4 and RDR2 train I'll go back

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
I entered the Destiny franchise with Forsaken and have had a blast. However I know that players who were with the games from day 1 have been done dirty a few times with the infamous "1 year later expansions".

Perhaps they will get it right this time?

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I bought Forsaken and the other two expansions when 2 was on PS+, and I got to level 36ish.

I was a fan of the idea of 1, and I played to level 20 when it came out.

I just never had fun with the game. I play by myself because I dont really have friends, but I still expected more.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
another destiny thread, another batch of well thought out responses

I really wonder what its like to hate one game this much

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
is Destiny 2 new content development winding down or over at this point?

Nope. D3 is still a few years out. The annual pass content for D2 doesn't even start until December. Then there's almost certainly going to be a Forsaken sized expansion again next Fall.

Floex

Oct 27, 2017
I want to believe, I really do. They need to quit with how dumbed down they made 2. Make the RPG we want it to be.

I thought I wouldn't go back but...