• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
I didn't even watch said trailer 😒

Sigh, Okay, get Video Blocker for Youtube, add in Devil May Cry 5, Devil May Cry, DMC, and other keywords you think are relevant.

For websites, get Spoiler Protection 2.0, and add the same keywords. Whenever those words are mentioned on any site, article, whatever, it will be blotted out. It's how I dodged God of War, Red Dead and other spoilers. It's heaven sent.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they realized their wrong ways and are patching Vergil in.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sigh, Okay, get Video Blocker for Youtube, add in Devil May Cry 5, Devil May Cry, DMC, and other keywords you think are relevant.

For websites, get Spoiler Protection 2.0, and add the same keywords. Whenever those words are mentioned on any site, article, whatever, it will be blotted out. It's how I dodged God of War, Red Dead and other spoilers. It's heaven sent.

That's helpful. Thank you mate.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

gotta admire your tenacity

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but in those cases we usually know it beforehand. It's really odd for Capcom to stay silent so long and a month before the release say "Hey the PC version ain't releasing it that day sorry" after they announced it.
I mean, Rockstar did the same thing. Thrice in a row, if I recall correctly.
It's definitely weird that Capcom would do it, though.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
All of their sites and social media still say the release date is March 8th on all platforms.

I'd guess we're safe untill proven otherwise by Capcom.

PARAdoja

Oct 27, 2017
I hope not, I bought an RX 580 just for this (and RE2, but mostly DMC). I need that game ASAP.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How do you dodge spoilers without stop using the internet?

That's really not hard. I think the last game I actually got spoiled on was Portal 2 eight years ago. That's without actively taking any anti-spoiler measures and I use ERA/Twitter/Youtube pretty much every day.

Haven't seen major open spoiler about any of last years big story-heavy releases yet (God Of War, RDR2).

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I'm sorry guys but I'm rooting for a delay because I need to save money. :p

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's really not hard. I think the last game I actually got spoiled on was Portal 2 eight years ago. That's without actively taking any anti-spoiler measures and I use ERA/Twitter/Youtube pretty much every day.

Haven't seen major open spoiler about any of last years big story-heavy releases yet (God Of War, RDR2).

Well my last spoiler was a bunch of worlds in kingdom hearts 3. It's also a reason why reviews are basically useless.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Do what you gotta do Capcom.. idgaf.

As long as it's not being cancelled, I'm still happy asf.

Velezcora

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I never understood posts like these.

Then don't buy the game at launch...? Pretend it doesn't exist or it's been ''delayed'' till any date you want.

Yeah sure I can wait on it and that's what I was planning on doing. It's just more fun to play a game when everyone else is playing it and its more relevant to discuss. Do you not get that?

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah sure I can wait on it and that's what I was planning on doing. It's just more fun to play a game when everyone else is playing it and its more relevant to discuss. Do you not get that?

Lmao.

If you were actually a Devil May Cry fan you'd get the game day 1 regardless and not want to ''delay the game for everyone because I want to save money''.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Do what you gotta do Capcom.. idgaf.

As long as it's not being cancelled, I'm still happy asf.
This. Unless it's a licensing issue, which I doubt because Capcom owns the IP outright, delays are put into place to make sure the released product is actually a finished product, fully working.

Velezcora

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Lmao.

If you were actually a Devil May Cry fan you'd get the game day 1 regardless and not want to ''delay the game for everyone because I want to save money''.

Are you gatekeeping?
I guess I gotta throw out my DMC games because I can't afford to buy DMC 5 in March.
lol

My original post was mostly a joke. I don't want it to get delayed but if it does it would benefit me at least.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
i like how in 2 pages we've had someone actually give a spoiler-phobe good advice on how to avoid spoilers, and we've had other people gatekeep "true" fans of the series.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
What if I told you the MGS won't be in Sekiro?

I know :P I read the GI Interview. It's just if "Moonlight Katana" or something was in the game it'd elicit a "Huh, what a surprise" from me because its one of those staples. Like if there is a Patches analogue.

For DMC 5, i remember an interview with Itsuno where he said he hadn't realized one of the enemies looked so close to Nelo Angelo until people pointed it out to him and its like...surejan.gif.

I appreciate people's desire to not get spoiled though. I can think some degrees of it are ridiculous but I guess that's why people have these browser add ons etc to help :P

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I know :P I read the GI Interview. It's just if "Moonlight Katana" or something was in the game it'd elicit a "Huh, what a surprise" from me because its one of those staples. Like if there is a Patches analogue.

For DMC 5, i remember an interview with Itsuno where he said he hadn't realized one of the enemies looked so close to Nelo Angelo until people pointed it out to him and its like...surejan.gif.

I appreciate people's desire to not get spoiled though. I can think some degrees of it are ridiculous but I guess that's why people have these browser add ons etc to help :P
OH ALSO I just remembered people went WILD on gaf cuz man at arms made Artorias' GS. Holy shit that thread was so bad. Stump went hard on the spoilerphobes. Goddamn those were good posts.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
OH ALSO I just remembered people went WILD on gaf cuz man at arms made Artorias' GS. Holy shit that thread was so bad. Stump went hard on the spoilerphobes. Goddamn those were good posts.

Lol i don't remember that. Although I think I was only on GAF for like 18-24mths before ERA started up. I think I remember once getting spoiled on the final boss of Metal Gear Rising and with zero context i was only confused. I try to consume less pre-release media nowadays because otherwise my excitement of a game feels diluted because I've already invested so much into it. If a twist or surprise is presented well or is in general just great, I'll still think that even if I knew of it beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.