• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damian Mahadevan

User banned for use of alt account
Banned
Nov 26, 2017
http://www.cinelinx.com/game-rumors...with-2-new-game-developers-for-star-wars.html

From what I've heard Lucasfilm is upset as well and looking for other options. I've had a couple sources reach out to me about the current state of Star Wars gaming. According to them, Disney/LFL higher ups pulled EA to the "principal's office" to talk about what's going wrong (which is what others have reported as well). Moreso, they've apparently reached out to both Ubisoft and Activision about developing Star Wars games.

I know what you're thinking, because I had the same thoughts. EA has a contract for the games, exclusively. How could Disney get around that without breaching and causing more problems? I don't know all the technical aspects of it, but supposedly there's an addendum of some kind within the contract that would allow Disney to pull the license, or shop it around, if certain standards/conditions weren't being met. This type of clause isn't unheard of when dealing with big licenses (and what's bigger than Star Wars?), and with all the problems and lack of games it doesn't surprise me in the least that they're looking elsewhere.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
As bad as EA has fucked this up, Ubi and Activision are just as bad. Give it TakeTwo or just leave it with EA. Better yet, don't give it anyway, and have publishers pitch for games on a game-by-game basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.