• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
70YM0zj.gif

Oh god why?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The gothic kids will go nuts

I hope they go the nightmare revisited route for the soundtrack ...

UKiCcQG.jpg

At least we will get the best of hot topic sounds xD

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
By live action, do they mean real full scale plate footage and sets, but CG characters?

Because I suppose that works. But I'd rather have them go full stop motion if there is a sequel.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Time to buy some stock in Hot Topic.

I'm not opposed to it, though, just depends on who directs it. It had a very particular style that I don't think can be messed with too much if they want it to be successful.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm I l'm really to give it the benefit of how they handle the costumes and interpret the characters into a live action movie.

Jadentheman

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Another "live action" film that is nothing but a 3d animated one sold differently.
Also creatively bankrupt.

Yep Disney is in a situation where the "bulk" of their films between their overhyped Marvel/Star Wars films are live action rehashes of their classics or hyped up sequels of their popular pixar/3d studio movies.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Hmm it's a perfect film that can stand alone forever ... otoh I would be lying if I said I didn't want to see them revisit this world.
Especially when I was a kid and saw the forest scene , all the other doors drove me crazy with excitement
nightmare-before-christmas-holiday_1_2a403400e84513db4d5f22c3bf537b69.jpg

I'm ao surprised they haven't come back to it yet

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised Disney hasn't done more with the property, but I feel like live action would be the wrong direction. A lot of it's charm is the visuals.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Hmm it's a perfect film that can stand alone forever ... otoh I would be lying if I said I didn't want to see them revisit this world.
Especially when I was a kid and saw the forest scene , all the other doors drove me crazy with excitement

My fiancee is a massive fan. Probably her favorite film. And I feel like every time we watch it, I say the same thing. "I can't believe Disney hasn't tried to do a sequel to this yet."

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't fucking stand a nightmare before Christmas so I hope they do this and it's so awful people don't seek out the original anymore ❤️

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
My fiancee is a massive fan. Probably her favorite film. And I feel like every time we watch it, I say the same thing. "I can't believe Disney hasn't tried to do a sequel to this yet."

I'm not really sure why they haven't. It's had a constant merchandise presence for as long as I can remember. Not even had a lame direct to dvd sequel.

I can't fucking stand a nightmare before Christmas so I hope they do this and it's so awful people don't seek out the original anymore ❤️

Never going to happen. ✌🏻

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly shocked that Disney hasn't done this yet, given how it remains in pop culture and merchandising so continuously.

Cautiously optimistic.

I'm not really sure why they haven't. It's had a constant merchandise presence for as long as I can remember. Not even had a lame direct to dvd sequel.
My understanding from what people from Disney have told me is they literally can't unless Tim Burton OK's it. Because they have wanted to, desperately, for decades now.

SuperL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind if they did it and got Tim Burton to direct.

Out of morbid curiosity, it would be interesting to see a version of the film he actually directed and compare it to Henry Selick's version.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Aside from Valentine Town, I don't see a lot of potential with the other doors.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
If it is true that Disney can't make the sequel without Burton, maybe he's finally relented or he made a deal with Disney where he'd let them make a sequel if he gets to make something of his own? (Or, more appropriately, they'll let him make something he wants to in exchange for a NBC sequel) I wonder what the plot would even be

Making a sequel where Jack or anyone else from Halloween Town interferes with another holiday completely undermines the entire lesson learned in the first movie. Is Jack gonna be like "Ok that was a complete and total disaster and I learned a valuable lesson, but maybe this time--"

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it is true that Disney can't make the sequel without Burton, maybe he's finally relented or he made a deal with Disney where he'd let them make a sequel if he gets to make something of his own? (Or, more appropriately, they'll let him make something he wants to in exchange for a NBC sequel) I wonder what the plot would even be

Making a sequel where Jack or anyone else from Halloween Town interferes with another holiday completely undermines the entire lesson learned in the first movie. Is Jack gonna be like "Ok that was a complete and total disaster and I learned a valuable lesson, but maybe this time--"
When has that stopped any sequel from being made ever

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Aside from Valentine Town, I don't see a lot of potential with the other doors.

I don't need a James Cameronesque Nightmare Before Christmas Univserse with multiple sequels set in a different world haha . But I mean the Easter Bunny, Leprechauns, a Town of pure Americana, Pilgrims and " Indians", a town obsessed with love... sooooo much potential for a good one-off sequel.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
When has that stopped any sequel from being made ever
You're not wrong I'm more just thinking out loud, so to speak. Burton has been extremely protective of this IP for over 25 years at this point. I don't know the details of why, if it's because he can't come up with a story or because he just doesn't/didn't want to, I just know they [Disney] have asked again and again to make a sequel and clearly they have never been told yes.

They could probably get away with something like, some new characters who weren't there for the first catastrophe, with or without the aid of Lock, Shock, and Barrel, escape Halloween Town and are wreaking havoc across all the holiday worlds and Jack has to stop them. They could also do a sequel that has absolutely nothing to do with other holidays at all, focusing on the return or rebirth of Oogie Boogie as he tries to get his revenge, or some other new evil creature trying to bring him back. Or even a prequel. What was Oogie Boogie, how did he come into the care of Lock, Shock, and Barrel, why was he trapped in what seemed to be a prison? Who of all the monsters, ghouls, and ghosts in Halloween Town deemed him worse than the others and in need of being locked up?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Live action wouldn't work.

I'd be for a big budget CGI sequel that sort of immitates the visuals of the first though.