• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AAMARMO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Metroid Prime 4 should have something revealed with some in-game footage early next year from what I've heard. I'm hearing that Direct in January particularly. Bandai Namco is developing the game for Nintendo. I don't know which development studio.
OH NO

Oct 27, 2017
Itsuno already confirmed DMC5 won't be at PSX, right? Also, I desperately hope that RE2 info isn't true. I want a new, fixed-camera angle RE, not a TPS.
Sorry, can't agree here. Fixed camera angles can add so much to a Horror game. They dramatically enhance the atmosphere of a game, and give you the feeling of playing a Horror movie (this was especially important for RE2, which was very cinematic at the time). They also prevent you from aiming, and this missing shots (thanks to auto-aim), allowing the developers to balance the game around very specific, strict amounts of ammo. This, specifically, can't be done in a third-person game.

What's the problem with fixed camera angles, anyway? I never understood what people had against them?

Fixed camera angles are bad for precisely that: They make the game difficult not because the actual game is difficult, but because of mechanics completely hindered by the camera. That, on top of the bad controls just makes it a chore to play in this day and age. And I fucking LOVE classic RE, especially 1 and REmake.

That and you rarely miss shots in classic RE. The only thing the game prevents is more precise shots, which can and has been replicated in behind the shoulder survival horror games. It doesn't need to be a function of the camera.

And I haven't seen anything in any fixed camera survival horror game and its atmosphere that isn't doable, or has been done, in a behind the shoulder survival horror game.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Season 3 characters include Sagat, Sakura, Cody, Sodom, 2 newcomers (I heard 2 Final Fight newcomers from one source, but Roxy and a Shadaloo Doll from another)

There will also be free characters added as part of the update, which are Crimson Viper, Q, Necro, and Oro.

This person destroyed whatever reputation they had.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DMC5 has been rumoured to be at every event since this generation started.

Cool your jets folks.

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
The actual reddit thread is more wild. The World Ends With You 2 being something listed is just making me go "Yeah no lol."

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
This is all way too good to be true.

Never mind having this much different information on this many different companies.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
GameFAQs and reddit, huh? Not the most credible sources out there. All of this seems a bit pie in the sky, mixed with stuff that will obviously happen (DB FighterZ for Switch).

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting, but didn't Nintendo specify that the team developing Prime 4 was a new INTERNAL team? Maybe I'm misremembering.

It seems odd that they'd let Bamco handle Metroid all by themselves. I'm not a Smash guy, but was that one Smash a joint project or did Bamco do it all by themselves with Sakurai supervising?

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Day 0 for Soul Calibur 6. Day -1 if they give me Link as a guest character again.

Not surprised about Pokemon being fast tracked if true.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I agree
giphy.gif

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In the U.K., the ratio of Tekken was 85% PS4 and 15% XB1. I wouldn't be surprised if Bamco decided to skip the XB1, but as you said, it wouldn't make sense considering upcoming the SAO GGO game.

The lack of an XB1 SKU would be somewhat believable but the existence of a Switch SKU is a big red flag.

What's going to happen is the same thing that always happens with leakers.

A few of the things they post comes true whilst the rest of the stuff doesn't.

The leaker will then boast about being right all along.

Plans change!

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Some of these sound credible (Pokemon Stars being tech demo, MP4 by Bamco, DBFZ Switch) but looking at rest it looks like complete bogus.

With PSX presumably being small this year I can't see DMC5 and SC5 being announced there.

TWEWY2 also sounds very fishy.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
If Sony had a bunch of PSX reveals ready to go then they would have done their usual keynote instead of whatever it is they're doing.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll make it clear for everyone but Nintendo said Prime 4 was being made by a New Dev team, never specifically said it was an internal developed one.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
DMC5 is possible since there have been a few rumours already, I just hope that Capcom doesn't make it cheap (Same for REmake 2).

Pokemon 2018 is yet another possibility since they've already mentioned it could happen (although I doubt it). Anyway, if they manage to release it next year then the Switch has simply won 2018.

Metroid Prime 4 is definitely showing in January Direct. This is Nintendo we're talking about, they most likely will want to hype it as one of their big 2018 games (I trust MP4 to release in that year before Pokemon to be honest).

Animal Crossing, yeah, this is definitely happening.

The World Ends With You 2. NOPE! I don't trust this at all. I mean, I would love it to happen but I don't trust it.

Plausible rumour list in some aspects, pretty SAFE in some aspects but others make me doubt it. Grain of salt I guess.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, but didn't Nintendo specify that the team developing Prime 4 was a new INTERNAL team? Maybe I'm misremembering.

It seems odd that they'd let Bamco handle Metroid all by themselves. I'm not a Smash guy, but was that one Smash a joint project or did Bamco do it all by themselves with Sakurai supervising?
They wouldn't have Bamco do it by themselves though.

They supervised MS with Samus Returns, think they'd do the same for MP4. It's a big game for them. Possible the next big single player 1st party Switch exclusive after Xenoblade and Pokémon.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony already announced there is no press conference or anything at PSX this year. I realize that does not preclude new games but rather large franchises I doubt would want to be announced with no fanfare

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The guy just took a bunch of stuff that were rumors floating around and compiled it in a list. Bullshit.

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
Also yeah, giving free characters like that in MvCi and SFV seems bullshit. And who at Bandai Namco could develop a Metroid Prime game?

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, the World Ends With You 2 part makes this sound like fan nonsense. I don't know the last time we got a legit leak with this kind of breadth.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of this sounds too much "dream come true" scenario and I'm questioning the way this is being collected into a massive info dump, but we'll see. Still though, Bamco working on Metroid Prime 4? That's... interesting. Can the Kappa mods verify this?

Yesterday.

WAIT WHAT?!
And the designs are actually good?
Love the blend between the original movie and the 80's cartoon.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If you mean what Flowtron said, he specifically said that those four wouldn't be in Season 3. Flowtron would technically still be right if this panned out.

I mean Capcpom isn't going to give away four characters for free. I would have bought it if the guy had said Sagat was gonna be a freebie for everyone.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all calling fake at TWEWY 2 need to beeelieeeeeveeeee.

please be real ;-;

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Everything here sounds like a dream that's too good to be true(except the dbfz stuff). I want to believe but my common sense is telling me it's fake

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
I call fake everyone knows MVCi is getting dropped and no future support is gonna happen. Any list with Asura in it is automatically fake.

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe all of this because it's exactly what I want to hear.

Interested in seeing how Bandai Namco handles MP4.