• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I read somewhere that the list could not be final, and that some companies may show up as a surprise at the event.

They wrote it in their article.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...ience-2017-more-than-80-exhibitors-confirmed/
Below is a near-final list of the exhibitors who are set to grace the halls of PlayStation Experience this year in Anaheim, California on December 9 and 10. As with all things, this list is subject to change — plus, we don't want to give everything away just yet!

lori

Oct 25, 2017
The scans had an icon for Beerus in the arcade ladder, so he's almost definitely a base game character. The "confirming leaks" dude is just a liar and all of this leak fanfiction lately is really dumb.

I have to wonder if this is just rikurikumore making new alts.

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Easy to put a wrench in the gears of the second DBFZ rumour, but it requires Super spoilers:

Ultra Instinct Vegeta kills this entire rumour. Why?
- episodes are written approximately 3 months in advance. Unless Vegeta is getting UI within 12 episodes, DURING THE ToP, he's not happening. And he won't get UI in the tournament. There has never been a single arc in DB in which an on screen transformation has been achieved and given to multiple characters. Super Saiyan shown on screen? Goku. Others get it next arc. Super Saiyan 2 shown on screen? Gohan gets it, others next arc. Super Saiyan 3 shown on screen? Gotenks achieved it on screen, but Goku already had it before hand.

Also, there's a reason you haven't seen Kefla in rumours before three weeks ago: all of these lists are complete bullshit

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Easy to put a wrench in the gears of the second DBFZ rumour, but it requires Super spoilers:

Ultra Instinct Vegeta kills this entire rumour. Why?
- episodes are written approximately 3 months in advance. Unless Vegeta is getting UI within 12 episodes, DURING THE ToP, he's not happening. And he won't get UI in the tournament. There has never been a single arc in DB in which an on screen transformation has been achieved and given to multiple characters. Super Saiyan shown on screen? Goku. Others get it next arc. Super Saiyan 2 shown on screen? Gohan gets it, others next arc. Super Saiyan 3 shown on screen? Gotenks achieved it on screen, but Goku already had it before hand.

Also, there's a reason you haven't seen Kefla in rumours before three weeks ago: all of these lists are complete bullshit
Super is muchos levels of bullshit, though i expect this leak to be false

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for the inevitable second-round of disgruntled disappointment when the supposed TWEWY sequel is in fact another mobile spin-off game. I remember the hype being built the first time round; fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
All this talk of the rumour not being true is really making it hard for my dream of the rumour being true to come true, guys, so if you could all just stop doing that right now I'd really appreciate it.

*Goes back to my DMC5 fantasies*

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Oh hey, the Reddit dude has been on 8WayRun talking more about Soul Calibur VI. Take with a grain of salt but here's where he starts talking about it.

Here's a recent info dump by the dude

-> Soul Calibur is for PS4, PC, and Nintendo Switch. No info on an Xbox One version yet. It doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but don't be surprised if there isn't one.

-> The game will be revealed in December.
On either the 7th, 8th, or 9th most likely (7th = The Game Awards, 8th = PSX Opener and Fête des Lumières, 9th = PSX)
If they still opt not to do it on those dates for whatever strange reason, then on its anniversary on the 20th.

-> One of the reasons that Soul Calibur VI was never revealed for its anniversary last year in December, even though they were building up to a reveal even as late as the fall of last year was because they ran into technical issues that sent the game into a mini development hell of sorts.

-> The game was still in the motion capture stage even back in May of this year.

-> The thing I heard was the cause or most likely cause for the delay was the implementation of a moveset / style switching thing in particular (like having multiple movesets per character, weapons even). Since that not working out how they wanted was such a big deal to its direction and draw to the game, delaying it until they either figured it out or decided to ultimately nix it was something they went back-and-forth on but was retained in a certain capacity, however. You will understand what I mean by this eventually.

-> Kilik is back and uses his staff moveset again, not the Weapon Master thing that everyone hated on SCV. He will have a new rival too.

-> Gameplay and mechanically, Supers are back and as far back as July, there was some kind of universal mechanic like V-Triggers.

-> Huge focus on story elements.

-> I know of two veteran characters at the moment. I can't say who quite yet. But they're very obvious inclusions that aren't surprising at all. They were both on SCV. They aren't characters who originated on SCV. I don't know any of the characters introduced on V that are returning or not yet. These two characters have been on every numbered entry since introduced, but were introduced in different games.

-> I know of three newcomers. The one that I know the most about is very unique and different, being a first ever for the series mechanically. Their unique weapon style is blade based. This character is important to the story, but not the main focal character.

-> The other new character has ties to the aforementioned.

-> The third new character I know about is suspected to be a Fire Emblem character for reasons I cannot divulge.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem guest character? Guess it's gonna be Lucina, Ike, or Lyn.

Nov 2, 2017
Fire Emblem guest character? Guess it's gonna be Lucina, Ike, or Lyn.
I hope for Ike, and not Lyn or Lucina. Ike's particular brand of big fucking sword isn't common in Soul Calibur, and with his games' tones, he fits in with the Soul Calibur cast. Lyn is overrated, and Lucina is already omnipresent. If not Ike, then please no Conquest/Birthright characters.

Also would take Game of Thrones guest characters

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, the Reddit dude has been on 8WayRun talking more about Soul Calibur VI. Take with a grain of salt but here's where he starts talking about it.

Here's a recent info dump by the dude

So the two Vets are a character introduced in Soul Edge and one in Soul Calibur who both were in every SC game

Possible SE character:
Cervantes, Mitsurugi, Siegfried, Voldo

Possible SC character:
Astaroth, Ivy, Kilik (but he already named him), Maxi, Nightmare, Yoshimitsu

Having weapon switching and the v trigger like thing seems too much. So i assume the v trigger thing will change a character's weapon/moveset. Don't you dare lock half of Ivy's moveset behind some activation..

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I always did wish they'd bring in a medium sized longsword user who took cues from Darth Vader's moveset in Soul Calibur IV. But then, if it was a Nintendo guest character, I guess it wouldn't really matter for me.

So the two Vets are a character introduced in Soul Edge and one in Soul Calibur who both were in every SC game

Possible SE character:
Cervantes, Mitsurugi, Siegfried, Voldo

Possible SC character:
Astaroth, Ivy, Kilik (but he already named him), Maxi, Nightmare, Yoshimitsu

He later clarified that he meant characters who had been in every installment since their own introductions (characters introduced in SCV not included). In other words, characters who have never been cut after being introduced. He also said one was male, and the other female, and they were introduced in different games. And he mentioned that they were 'obvious' inclusions.

We boiled the female choices down to Ivy, Tira, and Hilde, thanks to the huge dumping of the old female cast in SCV.
The male choices we boiled down to Mitsurugi, Voldo, Cervantes, Maxi, Nightmare, Astaroth, Raphael, and Algol.

Ivy seems like the most likely female candidate, which means the male character can't have been introduced in Soul Calibur, and so is either Mitsurugi, Voldo, Cervantes, Raphael, or Algol. Of those, I'd favor them left to right most likely to least as far as obvious inclusions go.

Siegfried probably doesn't count, since he technically only appears as Nightmare in SCII.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I always did wish they'd bring in a medium sized longsword user who took cues from Darth Vader's moveset in Soul Calibur IV. But then, if it was a Nintendo guest character, I guess it wouldn't really matter for me.

He later clarified that he meant characters who had been in every installment since their own introductions (characters introduced in SCV not included). In other words, characters who have never been cut after being introduced. He also said one was male, and the other female, and they were introduced in different games. And he mentioned that they were 'obvious' inclusions.

We boiled the female choices down to Ivy, Tira, and Hilde, thanks to the huge dumping of the old female cast in SCV.
The male choices we boiled down to Mitsurugi, Voldo, Cervantes, Maxi, Nightmare, Astaroth, Raphael, and Algol.

Ivy seems like the most likely female candidate, which means the male character can't have been introduced in Soul Calibur, and so is either Mitsurugi, Voldo, Cervantes, Raphael, or Algol. Of those, I'd favor them left to right most likely to least as far as obvious inclusions go.

Siegfried probably doesn't count, since he technically only appears as Nightmare in SCII.

I see. Definitely Ivy when it comes to female characters. Mitsu seems like the obvious male choice.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County

Well, she topped the character popularity poll from two years ago with over a hundred votes above second place (862 total). That's got to count for something.

If she does come back, I hope they actually give her an interesting personality, instead of just being bland purity child and the magic solution to everything. Then maybe I can understand why she appears to be so damn popular.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I'm reading further into the 8wayrun thread. The leaker implies the FE character isn't Lucina, Chrom, Marth or Ryoma.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I am not expecting anything from PSX, much less big announcements. Release dates, sure, but most things were moved to PGW.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
As someone who actually knows a thing or two about REmake 2, all I'm going to say is their non-information on it is way too safe to basically mean nothing, and isn't completely right either, making me suspect they pulled this out of their ass.

One minor thing I'll share as I don't want to say too much until Capcom reveal it themselves, but the smallest provable detail I can share is the game is running on a much advanced version of the RE Engine (it's been improved a lot since RE7, single biggest improvement is the lighting system has been completely overhauled and is much better than it was in RE7), its assets are being made with 4k in mind (RE7 had 1080p in mind), lead platform is the PS4, aiming for 30fps 1080p on PS4 standard and 60fps 4k on PS4 Pro.

That's literally the least interesting thing I could say, but it's true and can be proven true down the line. I think they're being vague on purpose to get a DMC5 rumor rolling and knowing if they said nothing on REmake 2 it'd look fake.

I was thinking about the possibilities of it being a launch title for PS5/XBOX2 or even having a "more optmized" and graphical superior version for those systems a little bit later. If the PS5 indeed arrives at 2019, the second option should be the case, but it's good to know that they're aiming for 1080p on the original PS4.

Also, the RE Engine is a beast, i can't wait to see what they crafted in this updated version (especially in RE8).

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Soul Calibur 6 rumour increases in bullshit.

Apparently the few details they know are of the Switch version and its not one, but two exclusive characters. Okay sure.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I was thinking about the possibilities of it being a launch title for PS5/XBOX2 or even having a "more optmized" and graphical superior version for those systems a little bit later. If the PS5 indeed arrives at 2019, the second option should be the case, but it's good to know that they're aiming for 1080p on the original PS4.

Also, the RE Engine is a beast, i can't wait to see what they crafted in this updated version (especially in RE8).
Haven't read that info about REmake 2. It appears that it will look great... HYPE!

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There's still E3 too

Sure. But while DMCV isn't gonna be at TGA, SC6 still might.

What do you mean DMC5, what about following up the reboot?

That ship has sailed. DmC wasn't the success Capcom hoped, failed to meet its 2m original target and 1.2m and 1.15m revised targets initially, and was the lowest selling DMC game until very recently. Capcom had plans for DmC sequels every 2.5 years and to continue working with NT. That hasn't panned out. Since 2013 Capcom has ditched overseas outsourcing for new titles and scaled back their outsourcing pipeline. We already know Hellblade was the biggest title Ninja Theory have been working on. Another internally developed DMC would be DMC5, according to several Capcom staff. And it so happens that Itsuno recently directed DMC4SE, and started development on his current title right after finishing work on that. Putting the two and two together is simple enough. DMC5 has been rumored among insiders and press a while now. It's a rather poorly kept secret.

Last edited:

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If he's leaking info anyways, why not just say the characters' instead of giving riddles? Seems fishy to me. :P