• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Fixed camera angles are bad for precisely that: They make the game difficult not because the actual game is difficult, but because of mechanics completely hindered by the camera. That, on top of the bad controls just makes it a chore to play in this day and age. And I fucking LOVE classic RE, especially 1 and REmake.

That and you rarely miss shots in classic RE. The only thing the game prevents is more precise shots, which can and has been replicated in behind the shoulder survival horror games. It doesn't need to be a function of the camera.
Auto-aim in the classic games allows for very precise shots, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there. As for "bad controls", I'm going to assume you're referring to Tank Controls. First off, Tank Controls aren't bad if the game is built around them (all Classic RE's were), and second, many games show it's possible to have both fixed camera angles, and standard analog controls that work just fine.

Beyond all of that, fixed camera angles add more to the experience than you realize. For instance, scale. Did you notice how much smaller environments like the Baker estate from RE7 or mansion from Lost in Nightmares felt compared to, say, REmake's mansion? It's because in REmake, the camera is pulled further away from your character, making the environment feel much larger than it actually is. I don't see how it's possible to impart that same sense of scale with the small main hall or narrow corridors of RE2's police station with a third-person camera, nor do I imagine it would work well at all with the latter. It also utterly deflated the tension of not knowing what's ahead of you, when you can simply see to the end of a hallway with a standard camera.

A third-person camera also makes it more difficult to dodge enemies. Classic RE games are built around avoiding enemies rather than fighting them when at all possible, and the fixed camera angles greatly facilitate this. Assuming the camera is similar to RE4, Dead Space, etc. (very close to the player to impart a sense of claustrophobia and greater immersion), it will make running around even standard zombies very difficult unless the game is set in very open areas (which most of RE2 is not). The fixed camera angles absolutely help in this regard, giving you a bird's-eye view of every room, and making it easier to find a route past enemies, rather than through them. These are just some of the contributions fixed camera angles can bring to a Horror game.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
What's going to happen is the same thing that always happens with leakers.

A few of the things they post comes true whilst the rest of the stuff doesn't.

The leaker will then boast about being right all along.

There was one leaker that was true about everything. It was in 2011. It announced the existence of Bravely Default, Project Mirai, Bayonetta 2 (then became Wii U exclusive), Bayonetta anime, and other stuffs.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
The reddit post is saying Mother 3 is real and fully localized but they are not doing anything with it for some reason. Better be the truth or heads will roll.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know why anyone would want TWEWY 2 on any of the current consoles on the market. It would just be some generic ARPG at this point.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
DMC 5 and SC6....? Oh my god. Please, please, please be true. Especially SC6 - I really thought they won't make more SC games. I will be so happy... But Metroid Prime 4 being developed by Namco seems so unbelievable I don't know if it's all true... ;_;

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I'm positive about DMC5 but the other stuff.. i don't know..

Also Pokemon Switch being rushed is not a good thing to be real.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I need some DMC in my life. I'm taking all of this with a grain of salt though, but man, wouldn't it be awesome to have a new DMC...

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I like how NO ONE is talking about the fact that apparently we are going to get 6+ Saiyans as post release DLC for DBZF.

That's hella garbage IMO. If it's true I hope people actually make a stink about it and not just hold double standards because the game looks good.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I don't know a lot about the 3DS Pokémon Engine, but my first thought is that a full-blown Pokémon Switch title would not use it.

Maybe they're just porting over the tools for practice. But that seems like a big waste of time if the game will be completely different.

Maybe Serebii knows something about this? Have any Pokémon games ever relied on the technology of a previous console - even in part? Every Pokémon game has looked entirely different at the end of one system's life to the birth of the next.

Would there really be any value in porting over Sun and Moon in their entirety to Switch just for practice?

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of recycled rumors, obvious fakes, and some broad guesses, with maybe a couple of correct leaks, probably taken from elsewhere. Exciting.

I need some DMC in my life. I'm taking all of this with a grain of salt though, but man, wouldn't it be awesome to have a new DMC...

Itsuno's working on a new game that he started on right after DMC4SE, and considering what else Capcom has been doing recently, DMC5 is likely on its way anyway. Don't need leaks, real or fake, for that.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Ok after going back and reading the original reddit post, I'm upgrading my rating from Super Fake to Absolutely Fake.

Stealth

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None of the current systems(including Switch) can remotely replicate the unique gameplay of the original. 3DS and Wii U were perfect for a sequel.

Xenoblade X has some terrible Nu Metal if that's your thing.:P

Switch can replicate it quite easily. And what if they change it up to make it work on Switch?

You're shitting on an idea without any imagination.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing and Fighterz for Switch are probably happening. Mother 3 is the rumor that never dies so that's probably true too. Too much smoke at this point. Pokémon in 2018 is a coin flip.

DMC5 will happen and Capcom will find a way to screw it up because they're Capcom.

The World Ends With You 2 is fake because life is not that beautiful.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
A bunch of recycled rumors, obvious fakes, and some broad guesses, with maybe a couple of correct leaks, probably taken from elsewhere. Exciting.

This.

There is some technically correct stuff in there. But the whole post is a mish mash of rumors from around the net.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
DMC5 revealing three playable characters as it's debut sounds like bullshit to me.

No way they'll blow their load like that.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I obviously don't forget that, but mercury steam also did make another 3ds metroidvania (which isn't looked at too positively, but still).

Also definitely agree that Tanabe is a possible concern. I'm worried about the game being taken even more in the direction of prime 3, and there being way too much stuff about sylux.

And as you well said, the 3ds metroidvania was not... good. As a spaniard gamedev I know the problem Mercury Steam has, and thats Enric Alvarez. You can clearly see how Sakamoto did the right thing moving him to the side, getting the part of the team that is talented (that is a lot of people there) and putting them into lead and driector positions with him supervising.
I was scared as fuck until I knew this. Seems Sakamoto (and Nintendo in general, like when Miyamoto starting cutting heads at Retro) has an amazing eye to see shit troublesome people in a dev team. Who could be a fly on the wall when they put Enric on a producer sidelines job instead of director on a Nintendo franchise, with the huge ego he has, Im sure its killing him inside still (and that the game had a great critical response without him even more lol).

Stealth

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I heard about Soul Calibur 6 for the first time not that long ago. That seems like a badly kept secret that it will be revealed before the end of the year.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I like how NO ONE is talking about the fact that apparently we are going to get 6+ Saiyans as post release DLC for DBZF.

That's hella garbage IMO. If it's true I hope people actually make a stink about it and not just hold double standards because the game looks good.

Sadly i can believe it. Broly is obvious. Base Goku and Vegeta are in the story. Bardock and Black you have Base Goku and ssj Goku as the base to create those. Raditz you can reuse the assets of his saiyan armor for Bardock with changes.

If reality is even remotely close to these choices the dlc sucks

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be pretty happy with even one of these being true. I'll probably lose my friggin mind if all three come to pass.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any actual confirmed info for Pokemon Switch yet? I keep holding onto hope that being the first mainline Pokemon on console they return to the original 150. It would be a pretty strong selling point surely?

The appeal of the series for me at least died after 250 of them so the idea of diving into the series where it is now isn't that appealing, but a proper Pokemon game on console is something I've wanted to too long.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Not sure of what to think about a potential DMC5. I liked the first three, but DMC4 did nothing for me and I stopped playing it. The reimagining was good though.

Pokemon Switch needs to happen. Although Sun and Moon were a drag, it could be great/make me get one.

Not interested in Soul Calibur at all.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
I call bullshit.

Its a collection of multiple rumors. I see such "Best Of" leaks all the time and they are 99% wrong.

I once joked about Ninja Turtles being in and literally everyone expected enchantress.

Doesnt mean im right that Ultra Instinct Shaggy is gonna be in FighterZ. Or am i?

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny even semi-fake to fake "leakers" can't leak Retro Studio's project. That place is locked up like a fortress

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any actual confirmed info for Pokemon Switch yet? I keep holding onto hope that being the first mainline Pokemon on console they return to the original 150. It would be a pretty strong selling point surely?

The appeal of the series for me at least died after 250 of them so the idea of diving into the series where it is now isn't that appealing but the proper Pokemon game on console is something I've wanted to too long.
That would do the opposite of being a selling point. The selling point for mainline Pokemon games is new Pokemon and the new features.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Bamco + Metroid means Metroid Prime 4 will actually be known as The mETROIDPRIM@STER and Samus will be an idol in the game.

This is now a confirmed fact.

3qmmSva.png

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always take these huge lists with a grain of salt but...

The Switch's Virtual Console will not be like how it currently is known to be like. There is some kind of a subscription service of sorts in the works.

Mother 3 is real. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that I've heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in.

I've heard about this too. I'm not an insider or anything but one of them I back on Patreon said the same thing.