• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
Take it with a grain of salt, i'm not affiliated with this guy, nor i can guarantee the accuracy of the information provided below:

On DMC5:
This will finally be announced at PSX. Dante, Vergil, and Nero will all be playable on the game. I don't know if that will be confirmed at PSX in particular alongside the reveal, but multiple sources have informed me that all three characters are on it and you can play as them.

On Soul Calibur 6:

I was told it'll be for PS4, PC, and Nintendo Switch. There was no Xbox One version mentioned to me. The game should be revealed by the end of the year and make its 21st anniversary at least. One trustworthy source told me it would be revealed at PSX. If the Switch version is not announced in a matter of fact way alongside it like multiplatform games do when revealed at a specific console's event, then it should be announced during the Nintendo Direct in January that I keep hearing about. The source who told me about the Switch version is different from the one who told me of the game's existence, I might add. They also told me that Link would return as a guest character on that version.

On Pokemon Switch:
There has been pressure towards Game Freak to get Pokemon's 8th Generation out in hopes of a release next year. If you recall Pokemon Stars, that is (or was) real, but all it was was a Sun and Moon port to the Switch, used as an engine test tech demo thing.

Much more regarding Metroid 4, RE2R, etc., here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/7c9n8i/leakileaks/

Last edited:

DevilNeverCry

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be an insane PSX if true:
DMC5s time has come

iK0L3ir.gifv

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The DBZ stuff seems legit because people WANT it to be fake.

DMC5 stuff isn't really that juicy except for PSX unveil which seems unlikely every day.

MVCI seems too wild. 6 free characters in Summer? Yeah right.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you making the thread MBS.

This may interest RE fans:
REmake2
It is a third-person game. You should finally see something from it next year if they don't put something out around the very end of the year, but I'm hearing next year.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The REmake 2 thing is basically nothing. Like I could have told you that and I don't know anything about REmake 2.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the rumor of R2R being third person is true. I don't really understand the arguments for having a classic RE style camera, because there's nothing it can do that a third person camera and decent level/environmental design can't replicate.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the rumor of R2R being third person is true. I don't really understand the arguments for having a classic RE style camera, because there's nothing it can do that a third person camera and decent level/environmental design can't replicate.
Classic RE is 3rd person too. This rumor does not actually confirm the camera or the controls of REmake 2.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
As always folks, take rumors with a grain of salt.

gnilres

Oct 28, 2017
Metroid Prime 4 should have something revealed with some in-game footage early next year from what I've heard. I'm hearing that Direct in January particularly. Bandai Namco is developing the game for Nintendo. I don't know which development studio.

I thought it was confirmed to be internally developed by Nintendo?

DPart

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"According to one of my sources, they claim that Square Enix is doing The World Ends With You 2 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch."

don't do this to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Bandai Namco on Prime 4?

If this is true, that's definitely unexpected. Though it does line up with "talented new development studio" and them apparently announcing three new big exclusives.

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
Another DMC rumor will be at X event again.

I don't believe the SC6 stuff really either.

Pokemon I can't really say.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Really rare that someone would be told stuff from all these different JP publishers. Its not easy to come across of that huge amount of info, especially from a bunch of different parties

Im very skeptical on this one

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's any way one single guy can have so many sources or one source with such a far reach with so many different developers. Seems impossible to me to believe.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If dmc5 doesnt happen at either PSX or VGA i'm giving up the dream for good.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I don't think there's any way one single guy can have so many sources or one source with such a far reach with so many different developers. Seems impossible to me to believe.

This 'leaker' actually has some stuff right. But it's mixed in with a lot of stuff that's wrong or is a clear guess.

It also seems like they just rounded up rumors that are already out there in one way or another. So of course some stuff will be right.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
How about a special Soul Calibur for Switch? How about a crossover? Soul Calibur vs Fire Emblem? Every FE character has a melee weapon, it would be perfect versus game for SC.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
What kind of person would have inside information on secret games by completely different companies? I can understand someone knowing about PSX or Bamco or Capcom but additionally the completely unrelated Nintendo? I'm not buying it.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
There are some bombshells in there if this turns out to be legit: TWEWY2 Switch exclusive, Hearthstone Switch, Soul Calibur VI, DMC5.

The thing about Metroid Prime 4 being developed by Bamco is interesting. Zhuge recently made the comment that (citing here) he is "looking 4ward" to the Bamco exclusives for Switch. That would match up with this.

Oct 27, 2017
"3 of the DLC characters I've heard of include Broly, Regular Goku (it was noted to me that he does use the Spriit Bomb), and Regular Vegeta."

full

Name me lamer choices, I'll wait

Shin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's usually a Capcom game revealed at PSX or has been in the past IIRC, so it sounds plausible.
Soul Cailbur 6 is somewhat expected since Tekken 7 out of the way now, that's a pattern with Namco Tekken > SC.
Plus Harada and Ono usually share the stage or interact in some way so that kinda gives me hope that these rumors might be true.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This 'leaker' actually has some stuff right. But it's mixed in with a lot of stuff that's wrong or is a clear guess.

It also seems like they just rounded up rumors that are already out there in one way or another. So of course some stuff will be right.
DMC5 stuff real or nah?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good. Let's see if the leaks are true.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I'll get excited when the announcements actually come. That way I'll be pleasantly surprised if any of those announcements end up being real lol

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Always take a step back when a person post leaks that come from completely different sources (namco/capcom/nintendo or nitnendo direct, psx whatever) at the same time.
One person alone cannot know all of this. So every person decided to tell that reddit user at the same time ?

That being said.... Soul Calibur on switch, Worlds Ends With You, DBFZ on switch, Mother 3 and pokemon rumors sounds good =D

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I bet they got the Bandai Namco is developing Metroid Prime 4 rumor from you talking about "4" before

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
"According to one of my sources, they claim that Square Enix is doing The World Ends With You 2 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch."

If true, I'm so buying a Switch.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I hope the DBFZ stuff is bullshit, but I'd be cool with the SFV & MvCI stuff being true. Even if he got Enchantress & TMNT right, that's casting a wide net of info.

Nirbion

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...no. At least to the Pokemon-thingy.
Pokemon is such a strong brand. They can allow skipping a year without a major Pokemon-title. I know Nintendo's Switch-titles have a tight release-schedule now, but I think Nintendo is aware that GameFreak can't fart out a major Pokemon-title next year.
This year's announcement made it clear they just have started and only want to reassure fans and investors.