• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

oneida

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Translation:
Here's a quick and dirty translation since I can read French:

"FighterZ" is, very, very, very anticipated by
gamers. How well do you think it'll sell?

We have a good idea how many people will be picking up the game on January 26th, but I can't give you an exact number. What I can tell you is that this will be one of our biggest game launches ever, and certainly the largest on the current generation of consoles [PS4 and Xbox One]

Source appears to be a French magazine or website, cannot find exact source so I'm posting this with the (rumor) flag.

update: source

Pretty nuts if true. From another thread...
My crystal ball is currently out of order, but I also suspect this will outsell Xenoverse.

Last edited:

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Does that mean beating out Dark Souls 3? That's a rather big undertaking if true. Dragon Ball is a big IP though, and it's looking very positive. Hope the game does well for them.

Coldman

Oct 25, 2017
I think Xenoverse's success really surprised everyone, but it's even more surprising on how quickly they've capitalised on learning a Dragon Ball game can do some big numbers.

Now give Digimon a similar budget.

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm more than happy to assume this will outsell Tekken 7, but they're figuring for it to overtake Dark Souls 3? That's big.

-edit-

Hmm I've had a second look and what numbers that are available seem to point to both doing similar numbers, so perhaps not such a big deal for it to outdo either.

Can't help but wonder what Capcom are thinking in view of this.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After what Xenoverse 1 and 2 did to the franchise in gaming selling pretty well with more than 3 million, it was a bit expected. But I don't see FigherZ actually surpassing them, even if it's going to be a success.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Dragonball is at an all time high worldwide I'm not surprised

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

We have a good idea how many people will be picking up the game on January 26th, but I can't give you an exact number. What I can tell you is that this will be one of our biggest game launches ever, and certainly the largest on the current generation of consoles [PS4 and Xbox One]

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's absolutely no way this sells more than Xenoverse. 2D Fighting games won't outsell 3D person games with avatar customization, missions and co-op.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I can easily see it being a bigger hit than Tekken.

I'm not as sure that it'll permeate the general audience as well as Xenoverse does, though.

OP
OP
oneida

oneida

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Thank you! I'll add this to OP.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I think Xenoverse's success really surprised everyone, but it's even more surprising on how quickly they've capitalised on learning a Dragon Ball game can do some big numbers.

Now give Digimon a similar budget.
I'm excited for the PS4 Digimon game they have in development. Hacker's Memory was a side game for extra sales like USUM.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Does that mean beating out Dark Souls 3? That's a rather big undertaking if true. Dragon Ball is a big IP though, and it's looking very positive. Hope the game does well for them.
doesn't Xenoverse already outsell the souls games reguarly?

There's absolutely no way this sells more than Xenoverse. 2D Fighting games won't outsell 3D person games with avatar customization, missions and co-op.
have to agree imo...but we'll see.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Xenoverse 1 was nuts. It was near impossible to find PS4 copies for a few weeks after launch. Even the restocks were selling out. I can see the same happening with FighterZ.

An ArcSys fighter potentially selling millions, what a fuckin' time to be alive.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can easily see it being a bigger hit than Tekken.

I'm not as sure that it'll permeate the general audience as well as Xenoverse does, though.

"Shit looks like the TV show!" has been the best selling point among friends of mine who don't really play fighting games.

All they have to do is see it.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would believe it. Xenoverse alone sells a ton despite being... not so good.

Xenoverse is a really cool concept for a game actually, and the first one was fine for being a great proof of that concept. It was really the sequel that dropped the ball hard. It had the opportunity to take this awesome idea that sold well and capitalize on it, but instead they pretty much just made a flaccid expansion pack. I still played a lot of it though.

Anyway I hope this means pre-order numbers are really strong. I can see it outselling Xenoverse and being a big hit in general.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
doesn't Xenoverse already outsell the souls games reguarly?

have to agree imo...but we'll see.

Dark souls 3 had about 2.4 million on steam spy while xenoverse 1 had about 670k and xenoverse 2 has a bit more than 400k. Of course consoles aren't included in any of those, but I figure dark souls 3 probably sold a good bit more.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
USUM?

A high budget for a digimon game seems like a long shot, tales has been budget starved since vesperia. Sure would love it though.
Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. They're Pokemon's breather game for a generation where it's very similar to the initial game but with slight changes to the world and story. Hacker's Memory is like a side story to the main game and reuses a lot of assets.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
This might change the way fighters are developed, maybe more licensed fighting games? I mean come on, DB franchise alone is better than most fighting ip.

I just want arc to make a jump fighter, like jump uiltimate stars but in 2d traditional form