• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Fuck me sideways

Konami you're forgiven king

Any news about a new Castlevania too?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me sideways

Konami you're forgiven king

Any news about a new Castlevania too?

I believe Vergeben confirmed a new game was in production a year or so ago. He confirmed what the recent Contra game was before that got revealed, too.

The rumor was a collection with SotN as the lead title, and a Switch game. Unless the latter was actually the multiplatform Anniversary Collection, it's still not been announced.

Something is coming though. Konami is going out of its way to hide who the current producer to the series is, and they don't do that for dead franchises. Probably don't want him/her to exist outside of the Konami ecosystem like IGA and Kojima are, I'd presume.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
This is true as it was two years ago, but I don't know anything about where it's currently at. I knew someone who was at one of the developers Konami was "shopping around" for two developers to handle two separate titles, and had it re-confirmed later by someone else separate from this, essentially looking for pitches to fund development for as they want to keep the IP alive. I don't know anything more than that though or where they're at though. I on a personal level have some mixed thoughts as I don't really trust Konami themselves know what's best for the franchise, but hopefully they found a good couple developers for the projects and give it the appropriate budget and things have been going well.

Dude claimed RE2R was going to be in 3rd person but also playable with fixed cameras
For the record, that was true at a point in time in development. What happened specifically is when RE2 started development, the game was just a 1:1 remake of RE2 with no changes outside of current graphics as they tested the RE Engine, and then with what they built they experimented with multiple camera perspectives. Ultimately they chose third-person behind the shoulder as known obviously now, but kept both in the debug. To my surprise around the time right before the game was unveiled they had returned to try and see if the fixed camera option was liable as a bonus, and that's actually what the auto-aim feature in the final game was built for. However, it ultimately didn't make the cut along with a few late development changes (A/B scenarios had been cut in late 2017 to focus more on making a good core couple of campaigns, but A/B kinda' came back late in development, though in a very restricted way. RE2's development was very hectic.)

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
giphy.gif

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I believe Vergeben confirmed a new game was in production a year or so ago. He confirmed what the recent Contra game was before that got revealed, too.

The rumor was a collection with SotN as the lead title, and a Switch game. Unless the latter was actually the multiplatform Anniversary Collection, it's still not been announced.

Something is coming though. Konami is going out of its way to hide who the current producer to the series is, and they don't do that for dead franchises. Probably don't want him/her to exist outside of the Konami ecosystem like IGA and Kojima are, I'd presume.
Exciting stuff.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
honestly not sure. I believe he's best known for Resident Evil leaks and leaked some accurate info on the RE3 remake in March 2019, but outside of that I don't really know.

He was wrong with his Sekiro info before release. Almost made some of users here believe it's going to be a horror game (close to Kuon). I think he is more reliable with some of RE infos.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
He was wrong with his Sekiro info before release. Almost made some of users here believe it's going to be a horror game (close to Kuon). I think he is more reliable with some of RE infos.
This was something I was 100% wrong on and will admit to it, my source on Sekiro was very wrong and I know that better in retrospective.

I don't talk to like a single person who gives me everything, I know a lot of people and have for several years, some from my Rely on Horror days, some contact me, sometimes I literally just receive misc emails I don't know if they're true or not (two misc emails that were true was when I "leaked" Scorn some years ago, and someone told me RE3's release date out of nowhere in a misc email months before it was revealed for example), but on Capcom stuff and this Konami stuff I can vouch personally as both come from people I've known personally for years who aren't leakers, just do work in the industry.

Lt.Chips

Nov 4, 2017
YO. Cautiously optimistic but having been burned by the last three or so SH games for a decade is making me brace for impact.

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for this series to be revived only for its legacy to somehow get even more tarnished. Whatever 3rd-rate western dev they give this to won't make anything half as interesting as PT. So I'm not getting my hopes up until I see these games with my own eyes.

Fuck Konami.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This would be EVERYTHING.
But I refuse to believe it for my sanity.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
After Dusk told us that Re3 was real and being developed by a non Capcom studio and it turned out to be right. I trust him in regards to horror game leaks.

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
This is true as it was two years ago, but I don't know anything about where it's currently at. I knew someone who was at one of the developers Konami was "shopping around" for two developers to handle two separate titles, essentially looking for pitches to fund development for as they want to keep the IP alive. I don't know anything more than that though or where they're at though. I on a personal level have some mixed thoughts as I don't really trust Konami themselves know what's best for the franchise, but hopefully they found a good couple developers for the projects and give it the appropriate budget and things have been going well.

For the record, that was true at a point in time in development. What happened specifically is when RE2 started development, the game was just a 1:1 remake of RE2 with no changes outside of current graphics as they tested the RE Engine, and then with what they built they experimented with multiple camera perspectives. Ultimately they chose third-person behind the shoulder as known obviously now, but kept both in the debug. To my surprise around the time right before the game was unveiled they had returned to try and see if the fixed camera option was liable as a bonus, and that's actually what the auto-aim feature in the final game was built for. However, it ultimately didn't make the cut along with a few late development changes (A/B scenarios had been cut in late 2017 to focus more on making a good core couple of campaigns, but A/B kinda' came back late in development, though in a very restricted way. RE2's development was very hectic.)

Thanks for all the info dumps today man. While we're talking horror leaks, do you happen to know anything about Evil Within 3?

I know Tango is focusing on Ghostwire right now, but do you know if they even plan to return to Evil Within again, or is that franchise dead?

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
This was something I was 100% wrong on and will admit to it, my source on Sekiro was very wrong and I know that better in retrospective.

I don't talk to like a single person who gives me everything, I know a lot of people and have for several years, some from my Rely on Horror days, some contact me, sometimes I literally just receive misc emails I don't know if they're true or not (two misc emails that were true was when I "leaked" Scorn some years ago, and someone told me RE3's release date out of nowhere in a misc email months before it was revealed for example), but on Capcom stuff and this Konami stuff I can vouch personally as both come from people I've known personally for years who aren't leakers, just do work in the industry.

I understand, sometimes this can happen. I do enjoy reading all of your RE posts.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
We don't need threads about rumors from individual members

Status
Not open for further replies.