• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ooooh. A telltale/until dawn one sounds great. I'll keep my optimism reserved regarding the reboot - the PT cancel burnt me too hard.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Mmmh, nah. Fuck Konami. I aint trust them with shit.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see why Konami would suddenly dabble back into high budget consoles-only releases when they're making their biggest profits years with their current strategy. Probably fake.

Mr. Genuine

Mar 23, 2018
Bf2Yij9b_400x400.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
If this is happening it's going to be a public relations thing and that's the only reason it'll happen. It would be nice, I know the series has a lot of fans, but it's hard to have faith in Konami in 2020.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
How reliable is this guy? For a guy that leaks videogame stuff, 4K followers seems low...

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I trust Dusk Golem to report something credible

I do not trust that these games will be good

This is where I'm at, unless Konami has had a major shake-up and are serious about jumping back into the console game market in a big way. Until I see it, I doubt it.

Their choices with previous outsourcing of the SH series have been decent at best (Climax) and straight up terrible at worst (Double Helix/Hijinx)

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
honestly not sure. I believe he's best known for Resident Evil leaks and leaked some accurate info on the RE3 remake in March 2019, but outside of that I don't really know.
Dusk doesn't make BS up but problem is that sometimes the info he gets is really early in the works and as a result either changes a lot or outright gets dropped/abandoned.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Konami's quality control department weren't too busy with Contra Rogue Corps and still have time to ensure a quality level befitting of a beloved intellectual property.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Don't you fucking date reboot the series with a shitty entry, Konami. I swear to fucking god.

Also, put the old games on the Switch you cowards!

May 26, 2018
No. Konami threw away everything they had. Burned every last bridge that wasn't tied up in some kind of Japanese indentured corporate servitude (shoutout to the artists stuck in janitorial positions.)

They don't give two shits, so they won't get two cents.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Who exactly is supposed to be making these games is what I'm more curious about. Are they going to get an external team to make a reboot?

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh did they get Kojima back and Del Toro and Junji Ito for Silent Hills?

No?

Don't care.

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
Who exactly is supposed to be making these games is what I'm more curious about. Are they going to get an external team to make a reboot?

Yeah. According to Dusk Golem, Konami reached out to devs a couple years ago to get pitches for Silent Hill.

Those rounds of pitches resulted in these two projects.

So, hopefully, Konami is totally hands off and just letting these devs make what they pitched

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
Silent Hill Survive.

Silent Hill Book of Memories Remake (now as a GAAS game).

Status
Not open for further replies.