• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Lol, you guys do know that Dusk Golem is a mod, an active member, and post in almost every RE thread on ERA ?

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if the original RE8 that got scrapped was supposed to be first person, but the popularity and the overall extremely positive reception for RE2make made them change their mind about staying in first person.
I know it would piss off a couple of people here but I hope I'm right, RE7 is good but the camera did a disservice to the characters.
Also, I really really hope they continue the remakes, we need a Code Veronica Remake for the next-gen.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
If they want to tap into the action horror stuff, Dino Crisis would be a good fit, considering the relative mobility of the antagonists.

I have no strong perspective preference for RE8, but I would like For them to remake of the first game again, giving a nice symmetrical feel to the raccoon city trilogy.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
RE is nice and all but we're back to annual releases now? How weird, specially nearing the 9th generation. Maybe the RE engine is a pleasure to work with.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Re7 was disappointing as hell and only exists for the oh my god we have to make this as scary as possible thing. No offense but RE7 disconnected me from the franchise. It meant nothing in terms of lore I was following and maybe the only important thing of note is when Chris shows up. I love RE for the characters and universe. If I want to play something spooky as hell I'll go play silent hill.
You're a rare case and I hope you get that.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
The camera options were legit for quite a while until Capcom stripped them out near the end of development. So it's not an inaccurate leak, just an outdated one
That could be true, but stuff like dying on the Kuon hill doesn't give me much reason to believe him. Personally I don't care about these rumours, but if it was something like a rumoured Okami game, I want to make sure that it's actually happening or is coming from someone with a lot of cred.

jschreier please will Okami into existence. Thanks.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
We don't need threads about rumors from individual members

Status
Not open for further replies.