• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2019
Dusk Golem is claiming that RE8 was in development, got scrapped as manpower was needed for RE7 DLC and RE2, and was only recently restarted. Thus, it will be a few years before we see RE8 release.

However, we will likely see a new RE project next year that is not RE8 nor another REmake. Potentially Revelations 3?

He also claims that Capcom is rebooting a couple other franchises in the RE Engine and that we should see them fairly soon. Potentially Onimusha and Dino Crisis?

Link to Twitter thread here:

DrazilKaj

Oct 25, 2017
There was those sudden trademarks filed on alot of Capcom's IPs not too long ago. Wouldn't be too farfetched to think it could be related.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Never heard of this guy at all but if RE8 is still going with 1st person then I fear I'll be done with the series for good.

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
Hopefully some next gen reveals at either the phantom PS Meeting, E3, or TGS...?

We'll definitely see some announcements from Capcom *somewhere* this year. RE 3 is the only notable thing they have announced, so I'm super curious to see what else is cooking.

I'm guessing we see maybe one announcement at the PS Meeting and then a couple more throughout the year

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon's Dogma and Onimusha on RE Engine.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
God no. Please. It's not like there's two new third person Resident Evil games in the last year....

Re7 was disappointing as hell and only exists for the oh my god we have to make this as scary as possible thing. No offense but RE7 disconnected me from the franchise. It meant nothing in terms of lore I was following and maybe the only important thing of note is when Chris shows up. I love RE for the characters and universe. If I want to play something spooky as hell I'll go play silent hill.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard of this guy at all but if RE8 is still going with 1st person then I fear I'll be done with the series for good.
He's apparently a credible leaker known mainly for Resident Evil leaks, though he also just claimed there are a couple Silent Hill games in the works.

I don't get how people don't know who Dusk Golem is. He's a prolific horror game poster here on Era (and back at the old place) and he's even a moderator.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they keep first person view for the next mainline game, after that they can return to third person. I also hope the next mainline game supports VR again as well.

MrWonderworld

Sep 18, 2018
I just talked about Dino Crisis with my friend recently and now this news pops up. I take it as a sign. I don't care what anyone says. It's a sign.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Re7 was disappointing as hell and only exists for the oh my god we have to make this as scary as possible thing. No offense but RE7 disconnected me from the franchise. It meant nothing in terms of lore I was following and maybe the only important thing of note is when Chris shows up. I love RE for the characters and universe. If I want to play something spooky as hell I'll go play silent hill.
Except for the fact it's one of the best selling horror titles of all time, and was extremely well received barring people bitter Resident Evil was actually horror focused once more. Capcom's never going back and it's time to accept it.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
RE8 will be more a sequel to RE2make & and re3make than RE7. sources: out my ass, but book it

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very curious what RE8 turns into.

After RE7's did well another first person game made sense but its been so long now, plus after the success of these Remakes I feel like there is a bunch of different directions that can go. They could lean a lot more heavily into returning characters now they have stoked the nostalgia again for example.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Except for the fact it's one of the best selling horror titles of all time, and was extremely well received barring people bitter Resident Evil was actually horror focused once more. Capcom's never going back and it's time to accept it.

well, RE2 Remake was fantastic in scare factor and it was third person. I was fucking scared with 0 bullets, mr x showing up etc so I think the right direction is debatable.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
I swear this person was talking about Kuon and shit but it turned out to be Sekiro. And maybe something about camera options in RE2 remake? Any reason why I should be paying attention?

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
I swear this person was talking about Kuon and shit but it turned out to be Sekiro. And maybe something about camera options in RE2 remake? Any reason why I should be paying attention?

The camera options were legit for quite a while until Capcom stripped them out near the end of development. So it's not an inaccurate leak, just an outdated one

Lt.Chips

Nov 4, 2017
RE8 being first person and not VR wouldn't make sense! RE7 was fantastic in 1st person mode but something on another leve in PSVR. Let's go.

Status
Not open for further replies.