• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Can't for the life of me remember how I came in possession of the first one but i really enjoyed it, thought it was surprisingly good.

Oct 26, 2017
Hype.

This game getting mid 70 in MC is still laughable to me and thats why the reviews and MC will alwasy be pointless to me, Dying Light is one of the best games in this generation.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
The RPG they've been working on has been in development for about two years as well. We could see it too, though I'd bet on that making an appearance later in the year.

Patison

Oct 27, 2017
That's what I've heard too, fingers crossed for guys at Techland as they are really great people :)

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
One of the best games of this generation. Can't wait to see what they're going to build on for the next several years.

pksu

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Great, had lots of fun in DL co-op mode. Parkour mechanics work really well and traversing environments especially during nights can get really intense. The story and pretty much all of the cutscenes are quite bad though, tone is too serious for the wooden dialog and the game ends up trying too much.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
The inevitable sequel to a great, successful game. The original exceeded my expectations like few games have.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
hell ya. cant wait. the first has some of the funnest skill trees in games in a long time, love the dropkick and tackle. the sense of progression is really well done and the climbing and gore are top notch.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
YES. Finally. I actually expected it at last E3 but it was not to be. This is the time. Best Co-op experience I've had this gen.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
So we have this, Days Gone, Overkill's The Walking Dead, World War Z, and BLOPS IIII all with zombies at this year's E3.

That's a lot of zombies. I like it.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god, I hope so. Really enjoyed the first one and I'm kind of shocked we still haven't had a sequel reveal yet. But then again, doesn't the first one still have an oddly active playerbase? They've kept supporting it long after most developers would have moved entirely over to something new.

Hopefully that means DL2 will come out the gates swinging!

OP
OP
Bansai

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
WB might be having a very big E3 if this and a new Rocksteady game both get announced! Hopefully we get WB Montreal, too!

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Great game, even though slightly tedious at times. I really dislike weapons breaking in that game: just a nuisance more than anything.
Don't think I finished it

I'll try to finish it this summer. Got the "the following" edition.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i was like 99% sure it'd be at last year's e3 but then i remembered the first game was only a few years old at that point. i guess now's about time though

first game was amazing even in spite of its insipid story and you were like way overpowered by the tail end of the game. Techland has my axe, i'll buy the season pass/premium edition or whatever

Last edited:

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, interesting. I feel so weird about Dying Light, like its a better game than Dead Island, but i still had more fun with the original. It was just visceral and fun, even if it was pulpy schlock, the spiritual sequel just lost something even though it improved on it in every practical way.

OP
OP
Bansai

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Oh, interesting. I feel so weird about Dying Light, like its a better game than Dead Island, but i still had more fun with the original. It was just visceral and fun, even if it was pulpy schlock, the spiritual sequel just lost something even though it improved on it in every practical way.

A lot of people seem to feel that way, I on the other hand prefer Dying Light, the night/day dynamic and parkour really made it stood far above DI for me.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all about this. Dying light is one of the sleeper hits of the gen. Great game and even better support from the devs.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Ohh I forgot to say yesterday. Cut back on the lock picking. It got so tedious after awhile.

I also never used guns as I didn't like they way they felt so I would say improve that part as well.

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Techland is hosting 30 minute meetings at E3 for an "unannounced title" that should be revealed shortly before E3. The session is a hands-off gameplay demonstration.

I think we all know what this is.

OP
OP
Bansai

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Techland is hosting 30 minute meetings at E3 for an "unannounced title" that should be revealed shortly before E3. The session is a hands-off gameplay demonstration.

I think we all know what this is.

Is there any source on this?

Becuase if this is true then it' basically set in stone.