• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Day friggin' one, baby!

Unless it's like, riddled with lootboxes or something...

Oh god

That would be a huge turnaround from how they've handled things so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see them continue cosmetic MTX which I'm fine with. I haven't spent any money outside of my initial purchase and I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was really excited for Hellraid but if the other project they're working on is similar, I'd be fine with that.

No interest in Dying Light.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Cool. I hope they improve the late-game combat, and if guns are gonna be a thing again, then those too. Proper wall running would be great as well, and fewer cheese tactics like zombie camouflage. Maybe a little more focus on performance. A game like this would be really nice at 60fps, but it was rough going on console.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Dying Light was awesome, wonder what kind of setting we will get.
I wouldn't mind more urban stuff since parkour shines there.

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biggest disappointment with the first was forced single player on the final mission. After playing the entire game co-op, it would have been nice to finish with my friend.

Oct 27, 2017
This would make me so happy. I LOVED the first game. I was genuinely terrified going out at night when I first started playing.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I hope Techland tweak the difficulty curve a bit for the sequel. Melee combat felt nearly useless at the start of the game - maybe that was the devs' intention to encourage using parkour to get around instead of trying to hack through hordes of infected, but it got to be frustrating when you were forced to fight. Adjusting weapons to be more powerful at the start but perhaps very brittle without upgrades (so that the player still needs to choose their battles carefully) might lead to a more satisfying experience.

And then the guns need serious consideration as well.

Please don't be banned in Germany this time around.

The game isn't available at all in Germany? Damn, that sucks.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Techland tweak the difficulty curve a bit for the sequel. Melee combat felt nearly useless at the start of the game - maybe that was the devs' intention to encourage using parkour to get around instead of trying to hack through hordes of infected, but it got to be frustrating when you were forced to fight. Adjusting weapons to be more powerful at the start but perhaps very brittle without upgrades (so that the player still needs to choose their battles carefully) might lead to a more satisfying experience.

And then the guns need serious consideration as well.

The game isn't available at all in Germany? Damn, that sucks.

I kinda loved how the game progressed difficulty wise. You have to be really careful at first, even 2 zombies can be a challenge if you don't play it smart. It felt more like a survival game.

Then by the end you're an unstoppable zombie killing machine. It's like two games in one.

I'll agree the gun combat needs work though.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
As much as i loved Dying Light, It was fantastic and a real blast in co-op. It's difficult after Killing Floor in VR and Arizona to go back to zombie killing standard on the TV. So much more immersive taking limbs off with your own hands and seeing it in person, Rather than using a pad and r2 to shoot/swipe.

I would love it to be in VR but very much doubt it will due to power.

One thing i will say is Dying Light was gorgeous at the time, One of the best lookers early gen.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
As much as i loved Dying Light, It was fantastic and a real blast in co-op. It's difficult after Killing Floor in VR and Arizona to go back to zombie killing standard on the TV. So much more immersive taking limbs off with your own hands and seeing it in person, Rather than using a pad and r2 to shoot/swipe.

I would love it to be in VR but very much doubt it will due to power.

One thing i will say is Dying Light was gorgeous at the time, One of the best lookers early gen.

I would love this so much. I would definitely buy a VR kit just to play this. But yeah, don't think its happening.

OP
OP
Bansai

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
It was too much for me haha. I wanted a tougher challenge at night not running away in terror from those super zombies.

Once you get more beefed-up killing them wasn't really a problem, especially with some UV flares/flashlight proficiency, though they definitely did pose a significant challenge for the first or so half of the game.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slight jab at everyone in the Days Gone thread complaining we get too many AAA zombie games and how we're experiencing zombie fatigue.

I actually am excited about this.
Seriously. No one's forcing these people to buy these games. Instead of simply ignoring the games, they act like people actually wanna see their nonsensical whining. Don't like a genre? Don't buy it. I'm excited for this.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County

I felt the opposite to be honest. I much preferred the early game sections where I had to pick my fights carefully and really had to wail on zombies to kill them. I've always wanted a zombie game where the zombies are easy to stagger and otherwise physically manipulate, but really hard to kill, and Dying Light's early game came close to fulfilling that wish for me.

Some of the later skills were cool, but most of them just streamlined the game into something that was--in my opinion--less interesting. Instant kills, invisibility, unlimited stamina, an overabundance of outlandish and ridiculously powerful weapons, etc. And the new zombie types that show up as you progress were not much fun to fight either.

Mar 17, 2018
Make the night side less dangerous.

I think in all honesty it does need to be tweaked. Some guy gave me a modded shotgun when I was in his game LOL and it kind of made night fun again. I am on hard and holy shit I fear night so much. Probably too much to be honest, because dying really does affect your survival score a lot, and ranking that up is important.

So yeah I usually go hardest difficulty, but hard on this one at night is fucking balls deep aggressive. With your weapons breaking like Zelda it sucks just as much... unless a rando gives you modded weapons lol.

It was too much for me haha. I wanted a tougher challenge at night not running away in terror from those super zombies.

Make it worse than hard or harder mode in DL? What? No man. Their weapon breaking mechanics suck balls in this game. Night is just too much hassle. It's not even about being terrified. People simply don't go out because logically you don't want to lose all those survival points.

Of course I go out more when Survival level is near zero going on another level, but there is way too much risk at night. It is cool, but they definitely need to tweak combat.

OP
OP
Bansai

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I guess you could say I'm the source? My site set an appointment to see it. If a mod wants me to confirm, I'd be happy to provide a copy of the email exchange with the PR company via DM.

Oh I see, I thought there was some official info but this is also pretty good to know.

Shit, I can't wait, this E3 is gonna be sweet if they announce DMCV, DL2, Splinter Cell, show me some Cyberpunk gameplay and from soft finally announces what they've been working on.